Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
Created by: dzzyred
Original Starting post for this thread:
The United States has 90 guns for every 100 citizens, making it the most heavily armed society in the world, a report released on Tuesday said.

U.S. citizens own 270 million of the world's 875 million known firearms, according to the Small Arms Survey 2007 by the Geneva-based Graduate Institute of International Studies.

About 4.5 million of the 8 million new guns manufactured worldwide each year are purchased in the United States, it said.

"There is roughly one firearm for every seven people worldwide. Without the United States, though, this drops to about one firearm per 10 people," it said.

India had the world's second-largest civilian gun arsenal, with an estimated 46 million firearms outside law enforcement and the military, though this represented just four guns per 100 people there. China, ranked third with 40 million privately held guns, had 3 firearms per 100 people.

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 6164   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Gf:

Mental illness is a problem that no one desires to discuss, because there are so many who would qualify as mentally ill, that we could possibly loose a wide range of freedoms.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(8195 posts)
this country keeps glossing over the real problem, mental illness.

Allentown PA
Username hidden
(1530 posts)
@tom- I agree they think by putting a crazy tax on something they can control it. Which has been proven through history will not happen. if somebody wants or needs something bad enough within reason they will pay for it. I think in Ny city a pack of smokes is 11$. It's not stopping a large amount of people from smoking, they are just not spending as much money on other things. As far as tax on guns and ammo. The company's don't mind because when people start up a storm about gun control their profits go through the roof. Have you seen some of the gun makers yearly earnings lately? So I think the gun industry loves when dems are in office. That's good for their bottom line.

Herndon VA
Username hidden
(573 posts)
@fred. The Federal Government is already taxing the shit out of legitimate gun/ammo manufacturers, legitimate transports and legitimate sales by legitimate businesses and licensing here in the US. Thus, the extremely high cost of legitimate guns and ammo to the legitimate citizen and legitimate gun owner. That's the Democrats approach to gun control. They aren't gaining any ground on the 2nd amendment issue lately. But the senseless shootings and murders get a lot of public attention and reaction.

Republican or Democrat, it's the illegitimate guns and ammo in the wrong hands that worry me the most. Taxes don't even fit into that picture. "common sense would go a long way on this topic"

Seguin TX
Username hidden
(823 posts)
"common sense would go a long way on this topic"

@ fred. I couldn't have said it any better in any way. I totally agree with also on the rest of your post about politics and taxes.

Seguin TX
Username hidden
(823 posts)
@tom yea you are right about it being debated for a long time. I think I should have clarified my statement by saying in my life time. Not exactly sure but I think since 1970 there have only been 4 major gun laws passed. I could be wrong but I think I read that somewhere. I think my point is that the the 2 sides often go to the extremes on their beliefs. Common sense would go along way on this topic. What people fail to think about is every political decision that is made is made with the thought of money not what is good for the country over all. If that was the case they would have outlawed tobacco a long time ago instead they keep putting outrageous taxes on it.

Herndon VA
Username hidden
(573 posts)
Sorry "fred1697". This issue goes WAY WAY back before the Reagan shooting. Pro and con. You are right though. This issue was, has been, and will continue to be a political seesaw.

This forum is exactly that. A forum. Not a political body. Toothless tigers so to speak. That's why I vote. I think the "affordable care act" would fall under the Obama thread.

Most of us pro 2nd Amendment rights folks don't have a major problem with gun restriction laws keeping guns out of the wrong hands. (ie- criminals and psych patients) It's the laws that impose an unnecessary and unjustified gun restriction on the average, law abiding, sportsman and citizen concerned with their own safety and security that I have a serious problem with. As you stated in an earlier post something to the effect, (Sorry fred if I don't get the exact quote correctly) "We don't need more laws. We need to enforce the ones we have."

Seguin TX
Username hidden
(823 posts)
You are right Fred,

and... if anyone thinks one political party over the other is looking out for the common people....... they are only kidding themselves or "drinking the koolaid".

Christoval TX
Username hidden
(430 posts)
I meant to type repeal not appeal

Herndon VA
Username hidden
(573 posts)
Just think all you anti gun and pro gun people. If this debate was not here and created by the special interest groups there would be a lot of lawyers, lobbyist, associations out of business. Who wins in situations like this gun and ammo companies with price increases and associations with "representation" on both sides of the debate. This topic has been debated since Reagan got shot and there has really been no sweeping changes yet, just a lot of talk and a lot of money spent debating the topic. Once again the American people have been taken for suckers by their government. It kinda like affordable care act. If I hear one more republican say there are going to appeal it im gonna puke. The have had chance after chance and have to done a thing but serve lip service.

Herndon VA
Username hidden
(573 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 6164   End
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns