Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns_Guns_and_More_Guns
Created by: dzzyred
Original Starting post for this thread:
The United States has 90 guns for every 100 citizens, making it the most heavily armed society in the world, a report released on Tuesday said.

U.S. citizens own 270 million of the world's 875 million known firearms, according to the Small Arms Survey 2007 by the Geneva-based Graduate Institute of International Studies.

About 4.5 million of the 8 million new guns manufactured worldwide each year are purchased in the United States, it said.

"There is roughly one firearm for every seven people worldwide. Without the United States, though, this drops to about one firearm per 10 people," it said.

India had the world's second-largest civilian gun arsenal, with an estimated 46 million firearms outside law enforcement and the military, though this represented just four guns per 100 people there. China, ranked third with 40 million privately held guns, had 3 firearms per 100 people.

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 707  Next »
1 to 10 of 7068
User Details are only visible to members.
~~Anarchist gunowners and fake patriots, beware! [Reuters, February 11, 2016] "The final four occupiers left the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge on Thursday and joined 12 other occupiers to face federal charges."

However brave you think you may be, claiming your Second Amendment rights, you are not a 'well-regulated militia' and you will be treated as domestic terrorists.~~

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(8080 posts)
Goodenuff. I have read many articles on the subject of Obama's EO concerning "loopholes" in gun sales and the issues in the EO that pertain to "mental health". The one that sums up the "mental health" issue of the EO, it's purpose, and the actual predicted effectiveness of it (by mental health professionals) is best outlined in an article titled "Experts discuss mental health provisions in the Executive Order on Gun Control". It's a neutral, unbiased, article in reference to mental heath stereotyping, and the broad spectrum of mental health as it pertains to gun ownership and the EO. You can google the article if you care to read it. But you have to read the whole article to get all of the opinions.

Seguin TX
Username hidden
(1712 posts)
I'm confuzzled. Tom, if you're trying to post the whole article, maybe the issue is the length of the article. Try using just the key point and then post the site the article can be viewed at to give proper credit.

For links I do what the clever rabbit suggested- leave off the www and http part, put a single space after the "dot" and before the domain extension.

Like this:

usnews. com/news/us/articles/2016-02-01/police-say-chicago-homicides-climbed-dramatically-in-january

Just C&P the link into the address bar and remove the space after the "dot". I have a clever browser- it takes care of the www and http stuff.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(5357 posts)
Posting links here is such a no brainer even a libtard can do it. 3 Ws in a row is a no-no so separate them like this - ww w or take the beginning of the link off.

You also have to separate the dot (.) from the com like this - nobrainer. com

When you copy and past the link simply take out the space...or don't...it could be liberal propaganda.

~rabbit~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(2962 posts)
Robert, I've seen you post links in these forums before so I guess you figured out how to do it. Would you please share the secret with Tom so that he can post his links too? Thank you.

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(131 posts)
Correction--- Articles to read. Not "web site".

Seguin TX
Username hidden
(1712 posts)
@ Andrew and Good. I have tried several times to post here, new info from neutral web sites on Obama's EO on gun control from mental health experts. The forums cops won't let me post the web sites for you to read.

Seguin TX
Username hidden
(1712 posts)
Here Andrew, maybe this makes sense:

"Section 922(g)(4), Title 18, United States Code, prohibits the receipt or possession of firearms by an individual who has been "adjudicated as a mental defective" or "committed to a mental institution." Regulations issued by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), 27 C.F.R. § 478.11, define these terms as follows: Adjudicated as a mental defective. (1) A determination by a court, board, commission, or other lawful authority that a person, as a result of marked subnormal intelligence, or mental illness, incompetency, condition, or disease:

Is a danger to himself or to others; or Lacks the mental capacity to contract or manage his own affairs.

(2) The term shall include —

A finding of insanity by a court in a criminal case; and Those persons found incompetent to stand trial or found not guilty by reason of lack of mental responsibility pursuant to articles 50a and 72b of the Uniform Code of Military Justice, 10 U.S.C. 850a, 876b. Committed to a mental institution. A formal commitment of a person to a mental institution by a court, board, commission, or other lawful authority. The term includes a commitment to a mental institution involuntarily. The term includes commitment for mental defectiveness or mental illness. It also includes commitments for other reasons, such as for drug use. The term does not include a person in a mental institution for observation or a voluntary admission to a mental institution."

I think "marked subnormal intelligence" describes a lot of people who post in the Forum.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(5357 posts)
Andrew. If you are "totally mad" all of us are. And so are the ones in the psychology field. "Mental instability" ranges from "eating/drinking disorders, bipolar,mood, personality, sleeping, stress, grieving due to the lose of a loved one, postpartum or postnatal depression, etc disorders to ADHD to schizophrenia. Simple neuroses, psychosis or psychopathic behaviors are all mental disorders according to "modern psychology". This includes hormonal disorders in women with PMS and/or going through the "change of life". There are many spokes in the psychological wheel that run in every direction and take many forks from there.

I don't object to background checks in gun sales as it stands now. But I do have a serious problem with the "government" dictating to "we the people" exactly who is "mentally" unstable in reference to the 2nd amendment.

I don't have a major problem with tightening the loopholes in gun sales. I don't care who created the problem or the loopholes. I have a major problem with the federal government being involved in it. Put that responsibility back on the state in which we live and "We the people". Give the states the money to enforce the current laws. Not tax the people to create and enforce new laws.

Seguin TX
Username hidden
(1712 posts)
Does that make sense to anyone, or am I just completely mad?

Hilliard OH
Username hidden
(915 posts)
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 707  Next »
1 to 10 of 7068
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.