Gun nuts geaux wild down in the bayou : Swingers Discussion 2209971097
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsGun nuts geaux wild down in the bayou
TOPIC: Gun nuts geaux wild down in the bayou
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Start   97 to 106 of 108   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I guess some liberals fear armed fathers of underage girls.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19526 posts)
Or maybe Fun believes it OK to pick and choose which fundamental rights get strict scrutiny depending on how the wind is blowing.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17354 posts)
"The gun lobby, not satisfied with its victory in Heller, decided to push the envelope. It started sponsoring amendments to state constitutions that go far beyond Heller, and that also monkey with the way courts handle such provisions. "

I take it that Fun doesn't believe the 2nd Amendment is a fundamental right, and does not deserve strict scrutiny. Why does he hate the Constitution????????

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17354 posts)
I think it was a GREAT move by the Gun Nuts and the NRA.

It's difficult to get a case to the Supreme Court. Now, any case that makes it to the Louisiana SC will get (or should ,if the justices follow their Constitution) the scrutiny it deserves.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17354 posts)
""rational" is no longer good enough.."

See, this is where you god damned liberals get it wrong. "Rational" has never been good enough. Rational people thought we should just pay our tea taxes and be loyal to the king. It was firebrand radicals that got their way, though.

I take it you are one of the few remaining Americans who hasn't had a jack-booted thug kicking down their door, or imagined what it's like anyway. Good ole boys don't do that, when they have real or imagined enemies to take out.

Once everyone is armed, no one will fire a shot. Take my word for it. Otherwise, you'd see it happen, but it never does; except when someone gets mad. So don't make anyone mad by taking their gun away; or by restricting extra-dangerous weapons.

Louisiana has fewer gun deaths in 2013 than they had in 2012. Less than half, in fact. And most of them were axing for it.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Here's the problem......

You can't say that Fundamental Rights get strict scrutiny, unless you're willing to argue that the 2ND amendment to the Constitution is NOT a fundamental right.

If it is a Fundamental Right, then ALL fundamental rights MAY, or may not, have strict scrutiny applied.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17354 posts)
reasonable. Hmmmm

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17354 posts)
A little background...................haha!

"Unfortunately, Louisiana’s Supreme Court, like some other courts of the late 1970s, was hostile to the right to arms. According to a 1977 Louisiana Supreme Court decision, “The right to keep and bear arms, like other rights guaranteed by our state constitution, is not absolute. We have recognized that such rights may be regulated in order to protect the public health, safety, morals or general welfare so long as that regulation is a reasonable one.” State v. Amos 343 So.2d 166, 168 (La. 1977).

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17354 posts)
So strict scrutiny doesn't apply to gun issues, then the 2nd Amendment isn't a fundamental right......or maybe it's that strict scrutiny only applies to fundamental rights that are yet to be determined by the court, until maybe the court changes.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17354 posts)
Continued-

Moreover, the judge in this case was confronted with a motion seeking to declare the felony possession statute unconstitutional. Reading between the lines, the judge seemed reluctant even to turn Draughter loose at all, much less do anything broader. 

But, Louisiana prohibits judges from exercising what they call a "line-item judicial veto" or from re-writing statutes to cure constitutional defects. So, the ENTIRE felony possession statute was declared invalid. 

The Draughter case is being appealed. Unless it's reversed, the Legislature will have to pass a new, more restricted felony possession law (and all pending felony possession defendants would get to walk). 

The NRA, which crowed about its victory after the proposition passed, got strangely quiet and declined to comment. The opponents of the proposition, whose predictions had been scoffed at by the NRA and Jindal, tried their best not to say "I told you so" too smugly. 

Meanwhile, a NOLA attorney involved in the gun rights movement has indicated that legal challenges are now in the works against laws that allow bar owners to ban guns on their premises. Great; just what New Orleans needs: a bunch of armed peeps mixing it up with ammo and alcohol in the French Quarter. And the rights of felons, aided and abetted by the gun nuts, trumping those of business owners who might not like the idea of armed customers near their cash registers. 

I'm not a gun nut or an anti-gun nut. But I'm pretty sure a lot of the gun nuts are intent on pushing bad policy. This is exhibit A. 

p.s., There's not much reporting on this in the national media. Certainly not as much as when the measure passed, and the NRA trumpeted it as if Moses had found another stone tablet. 

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Start   97 to 106 of 108   End
TOPIC: Gun nuts geaux wild down in the bayou