Gun nuts geaux wild down in the bayou : Swingers Discussion 2209971091
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsGun nuts geaux wild down in the bayou
TOPIC: Gun nuts geaux wild down in the bayou
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Start   91 to 100 of 108   End
User Details are only visible to members.
""You can't say that Fundamental Rights get strict scrutiny, unless you're willing to argue that the 2ND amendment to the Constitution is NOT a fundamental right.

If it is a Fundamental Right, then ALL fundamental rights MAY, or may not, have strict scrutiny applied." ============== wut??

Wut part r u havin' truble wit?

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17381 posts)
I have never seen anyone advocating for "complete disarmament" of everyone. Not live, not on TV, not in print -- nowhere have I seen this person. Not ever in my whole life.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
"It’s because the real power behind any gun control efforts have stated numerous times that their ultimate intention is the complete disarmament of every citizen of this country."

Az, you made some good points. But is the quote above really correct. Admittedly I haven't paid as much attention to some of these gun debates as I could, but I just don't see many people at all who want complete eradication of guns.

Btw, Louisiana was already one of the most "gun friendly" states in the country.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
Lol@Outdoors. Well done.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
"You can't say that Fundamental Rights get strict scrutiny, unless you're willing to argue that the 2ND amendment to the Constitution is NOT a fundamental right.

If it is a Fundamental Right, then ALL fundamental rights MAY, or may not, have strict scrutiny applied." ============== wut??

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
A reasonable debate on gun control cannot exist when reasonable people are shouted down by the loudest and most extreme on either side. I myself am a very firm supporter of gun rights yet I am willing to subject myself to certain restrictions such as background checks and requirements that I secure whatever weapons I own from misuse but I shouldn’t be restricted on the type of weapons, the amount of ammo nor how I wish to carry them in public.

People on the left wonder why gun rights supporters fight against anything that resembles gun control. It’s because the real power behind any gun control efforts have stated numerous times that their ultimate intention is the complete disarmament of every citizen of this country. No wonder anything they say is looked upon with suspicion and outright hostility. Trusting them to be “reasonable” is like giving a key to your home to local gang members just in case there was some sort of emergency and they needed to get in all in the course of their civic duty.

Peoria AZ
Username hidden
(87 posts)
I guess some liberals fear armed fathers of underage girls.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19546 posts)
Or maybe Fun believes it OK to pick and choose which fundamental rights get strict scrutiny depending on how the wind is blowing.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17381 posts)
"The gun lobby, not satisfied with its victory in Heller, decided to push the envelope. It started sponsoring amendments to state constitutions that go far beyond Heller, and that also monkey with the way courts handle such provisions. "

I take it that Fun doesn't believe the 2nd Amendment is a fundamental right, and does not deserve strict scrutiny. Why does he hate the Constitution????????

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17381 posts)
I think it was a GREAT move by the Gun Nuts and the NRA.

It's difficult to get a case to the Supreme Court. Now, any case that makes it to the Louisiana SC will get (or should ,if the justices follow their Constitution) the scrutiny it deserves.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17381 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Start   91 to 100 of 108   End
TOPIC: Gun nuts geaux wild down in the bayou