Gun nuts geaux wild down in the bayou : Swingers Discussion 2209971081
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsGun nuts geaux wild down in the bayou
TOPIC: Gun nuts geaux wild down in the bayou
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Start   81 to 90 of 108   End
User Details are only visible to members.
has any gun law pervented any deaths and can you prove it...BS

Kingston TN
Username hidden
(1991 posts)
FYI...That out of context misquote of Dianne Feinstein you hear regurgitated over and over again is taken directly from NRA fund raising material, the same letter/email/ mass text which encouraged the cult members to use the LIE "Nothing that has been proposed would have prevented Sandy Hook" as a talking point

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3842 posts)
az, your paraphrase is very accurate. But Feinstein was specifically referring to assault weapons, military-style, whatever you want to call them. Not every gun.

The fact that almost 20 years later you take a mis-quote and suppose there are a bunch of people who call for total disarmament -- and it's not just you, others here have made the same improper assertion -- again shows the level of propaganda you're up against.

Suicide attempts by gun are about 90% fatal. Homicide attempts by gun are probably around 50% fatal. Accidental shootings are perhaps 10 to 20% fatal.

Driving or riding in a car is a tiny, tiny fraction of a percent apt to kill you. Comparison is about the dumbest argument ever made. Associate yourself with it at risk of your reputation.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Fun Diane Feinstein stated back in the 90’s I think, during an television interview that if she had the votes she would have “Mr. and Mrs. America turn them in, everyone of them” (paraphrased). Mayor Bloomberg’s overarching theme is one of intensely restrictive gun control that in effect makes it virtually impossible to own guns. Andrew Cuomo is of the same mindset. Handgun control advocated in the past for the total ban on handguns but softened their position later on. I’m not convinced that they have actually changed their tune.

When I think about the gun control lobby I am left with the solid impression that theirs is a game of incrementalism. The ultimate goal is one of disarmament not one of public safety. Many of what they offer only disarms law abiding people and does nothing to curb illegal uses of guns. There are several other things out there that kill Americans in droves but they aren’t addressed in the same manner. Why not? Dead Americans are dead Americans. Why is death by a gun so abhorrent when death by impaired drivers or medical malpractice isn’t?

Peoria AZ
Username hidden
(87 posts)
Is dat dummed down nough fer ya?

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16846 posts)
Let me use Fun's quote to explain this.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The important thing about Heller is its confirmation of an individual, fundamental right.

But when FUNDAMENTAL rights are involved, Courts normally apply what is known as "strict scrutiny" to any restrictions.

Heller explicitly rejected use of the lower "reasonable" or "rational relation" test, but stopped short of embracing strict scrutiny in gun cases.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Which way do you want it? Should ALL FUNDAMENTAL rights get strict scrutiny? Or should we arbitrarily decide which get it?

Maybe you're thinking the 2nd Amendment isn't a Fundamental right....even though the SC said it is.

You argued before that due process was a fundamental right and strict scrutiny would absolutely apply. I'm saying if it doesn't apply to the 2nd Amendment there's no reason it must apply to any.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16846 posts)
I can dumb it down for you if that will help.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16846 posts)
"Considering these things and the high recidivism rate, the Legislature's decision to use an expansive list of "violent" felonies was hardly unreasonable or irrational. However, thanks to the gun lobby's new amendment, "rational" is no longer good enough. Gun legislation gets special "strict scrutiny." See where this is going?"

Yaaaaaaaaa! Freedom isn't Free. Fix the damn justice/jail system. The man served his time. Increase the time if you wish. Lock him away somewhere. He's out of jail so he's FREE.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16846 posts)
Wut part r u havin' truble wit?

All of it; nonsensical. Don't bother.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10833 posts)
"Btw, Louisiana was already one of the most "gun friendly" states in the country. "

That may be true, but it was certainly at risk based on that 1979 Louisiana SC decision.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16846 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Start   81 to 90 of 108   End
TOPIC: Gun nuts geaux wild down in the bayou