Gun nuts geaux wild down in the bayou : Swingers Discussion 2209971031
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsGun nuts geaux wild down in the bayou
TOPIC: Gun nuts geaux wild down in the bayou
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Start   31 to 40 of 108   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"First, there are excellent arguments in support of the existence of a constitutionally-protected right to vote."

based on what, and for what group? lol

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16844 posts)
It's a pity that 'well read' and 'well reasoned' don't always go hand in hand.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16844 posts)
This started the whole voting discussion

"(Btw, it's funny that back last year when we were discussing voter fraud, one of the only bits of "proof" you offered for its existence was an article about felons who voted illegally; you don't like felons voting, but want them to have guns? I suppose it's true: Ballots don't kill people, felons do). "

The Constitution ONLY states reasons you CANNOT disenfranchise. It says NO such thing about guns. You don't understand it. You don't like it. You just continue to spin and deflect.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16844 posts)
BTW, it was a deflection, dumb fuck. States can set their voting age as low as they want. The answer to your question doesn't add or detract from an argument that there is a right to vote.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10823 posts)
Okay, I'll make two points:

First, there are excellent arguments in support of the existence of a constitutionally-protected right to vote. 

Second, anyone who fancies himself knowledgeable about the Constitution and who possesses logic and reasoning skills, should be able at least to spot those arguments even if he doesn't agree with them. ("Reasoning skills" as I use the term requires more than the ability to C&P Wiki pages and toss insults). 

I know that VA is capable of sitting with me at the grownup table on this; I thought it would be fun to see if you were. Instead of always strutting around proclaiming to us how brilliant you are, it was a chance to show us. 

I'll offer one last hint that might encourage you to show the fora that you merit more than a seat at the kiddie table: You can use Heller's language about constitutional interpretation as support for a right to vote. Like it? I hesitated to mention it earlier, 'cause I sort of suspect you get aroused by anything related to guns. 

When I first took issue with you on this to say there is a constitutionally-protected right to vote, I added that you weren't capable of understanding it. I'd like nothing more than for you to prove me wrong on that last part. So sad that you aren't even up for giving it a try. 

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10823 posts)
BTW - It's not a deflection dumb fuck. It's an illustration of your lack of understanding.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16844 posts)
I don't know who the fuck you think you are? If you have a point to make, then make it. (hopefully it's not your usual lame bullshit) I don't have to play devil's advocate for you. You don't set the rules. You don't even answer direct questions.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16844 posts)
Why are you trying to deflect? I'm offering you on a platter the chance to impress us with your skills in logical debate and your understanding of constitutional issues. A man of your deep intellect should be able at least to outline the best argument you expect from your adversary. I would hate for word to get around that you're not up to the task.

Please don't disappoint.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10823 posts)
Again, would it be constitutional for a state to allow persons 17 years of age to vote?

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16844 posts)
"I'm basically an Original Intent kind of Guy. There is no argument based on the history of voting rights in the early years of our country."

Uh oh. Already showing signs of a limited capacity for original thought. No one said you had to limit your argument to "the early years of our country." The Constitution's expressions about voting were still being written as late as 1971 with the adoption of the 26th amendment. Take it from there if you like.

Give it your best shot. Dazzle us.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10823 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Start   31 to 40 of 108   End
TOPIC: Gun nuts geaux wild down in the bayou