Guess the Administration has given up on private Social Security accounts : Swingers Discussion 87815
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsGuess the Administration has given up on private Social Security accounts
TOPIC: Guess the Administration has given up on private Social Security accounts
Created by: tbrmskss
Original Starting post for this thread:
"Social Security can be made permanently solvent only by reducing the present value of scheduled benefits and/or increasing the present value of scheduled tax increases."

http: // hosted*ap*org/dynamic/stories/B/BUSH_SOCIAL_SECURITY?SITE=FLPEJ&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 4 of 4 
User Details are only visible to members.
defined benefit pensions are to expensive for companies. Hurts stock price. I'm a financial planner, and social security was never ever suppose to be a major source of retirement income.

People need to be responsible for themselves. And raising taxes isn't an option. I already give the govt 40% of my income I'm NOT GOING TO GIVE THEM ANYMORE.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
There have been a couple of studies that suggest all we would have to do is remove the $90,000 cap on payroll taxes and the "crisis" is solved.

And they are messing with the edges. For example, I can't collect the full amount until I am 66 years 10 months. You are a bit younger, so yours is probably 67. I have no problem with moving up the retirement age with increasing life spans.

And that was supposed to be a three legged stool, social security, company pensions, and private savings. One leg is pretty much gone, that of company pensions.

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17354 posts)
well I disagree with that assesment trk.

I believe that I should no long have to contribute to SS, because it will not be available to me when I retire. If i could have invested my money I'd be able to retire today. Of course the govt steals my money and gives it to other people.

SS was never meant to be the major source of income for retirees. People weren't suppose to live as long as they do 35+ years in retirement. It needs to be scrapped and reworked.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
"Social Security can be made permanently solvent only by reducing the present value of scheduled benefits and/or increasing the present value of scheduled tax increases."

http: // hosted*ap*org/dynamic/stories/B/BUSH_SOCIAL_SECURITY?SITE=FLPEJ&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17354 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 4 of 4 
TOPIC: Guess the Administration has given up on private Social Security accounts