Grading GW Bush Grading McCain, Obama, Hillary and Huckabee : Swingers Discussion 98329
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsGrading GW Bush Grading McCain, Obama, Hillary and Huckabee
TOPIC: Grading GW Bush Grading McCain, Obama, Hillary and Huckabee
Created by: sappholovers
Original Starting post for this thread:
As a teacher, I often think in grades, ranking things on an A-F scale. So, I'm curious: What's your grade, on an A-F scale, for Bush? And what grade do you think McCain, Hillary, and Obama would get after 4 years of being president if they did become president? Grades: ______ George W. Bush _______John McCain _______ Hillary Clinton _______ Barack Obama _______Mike Huckabee Feel welcome to explain any grades that you give.
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 13   End
User Details are only visible to members.
This guy must be from Mount Horeb, Wisconsin

or at least a relative LOL

Saint Louis MO

Username hidden
(12439 posts)
Rossiter says the kind of liberalism being displayed by the two major candidates for the Democratic Party presidential nomination can only be understood as a psychological disorder.

Destin FL

Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Taxes under Clinton 1999 Taxes under Bush 2008 Single making 30K - tax $8,400 Single making 30K - tax $4,500 Single making 50K - tax $14,000 Single making 50K - tax $12,500 Single making 75K - tax $23,250 Single making 75K - tax $18,750 Married making 60K - tax $16,800 Married making 60K- tax $9,000 Married making 75K - tax $21,000 Married making 75K - tax $18,750 Married making 125K - tax $38,750 Married making 125K - tax $31,250 If you want to know just how effective the mainstream media is, it is amazing how many people that fall into the categories above think Bush is screwing them and Bill Clinton was the greatest President ever. If any democrat is elected, ALL of them say they will repeal the Bush tax cuts and a good portion of the people that fall into the categories above can't wait for it to happen. This is like the movie The Sting with Paul Newman; you scam somebody out of some money and they don't even know what happened.

Destin FL

Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Has the stock market met it's historic average increase?

Not the President's job anyway, but the markets have gone up and down just as they will do in any administration.

Has the balance of payments, both internal and external, been managed effectively?

No, can't give him much of a passing grade on this issue. He has not been as fiscally tough as he could have been. But Liberals had no problem asking for money for their earmarks and pet programs. Of course if he had been as tough as he should have been you guys would be calling him a cold hearted bastard anyway. I just love hearing how Bush blew a perfectly "balanced" budget. Which btw was only a PROJECTION and would not have become real until many years after the Clinton Presidency. We did not pay off all our debts before Clinton left office. There was no surplus, nor could there have been after things like 9/11 and Katrina, not to mention the creation of Homeland Security. JMO.

Has the dollar held it's value vs. other currencies?

Once again something that really has little to do with him, this trend had been taking place for many years. Before Bush was in office. This is a loaded question, much like saying that the number of shark attacks have gone up during the Bush administration. Show my the consensus who agree that the cause and effect are connected.

Are we able to effectively implement our foreign policy?

Yes and No. Depends on what you're talking about. If you're talking about a popularity contest, then I guess not. Although I do hear Bush is much like Elvis in Armenia, they even stole his fucking watch.

Are our armed forces ready to execute the policy initiatives of the government?

They are already doing that in Iraq and Afghanistan. Not to mention other places around the world. Are Liberals thinking about starting a new war or something?

Arlington TX

Username hidden
(2284 posts)
I agree that it is incorrect to grade someone on a job that they have yet have. So I will restrict the answer to GWB.

Here are my criteria:

Are there more or fewer terrorists than when he took office? Has the stock market met it's historic average increase? Has the balance of payments, both internal and external, been managed effectively? Has the dollar held it's value vs. other currencies? Are we able to effectively implement our foreign policy? Are our armed forces ready to execute the policy initiatives of the government?

There are any number of things that could be included in the grade, but on these metrics, I believe that GWB has earned a failing grade.

What are your metrics that comprise your score?

Lakeside CA

Username hidden
(17280 posts)
___B-___ George W. Bush

I like his Big Ideas and Long Term Vision, His love for America was apparent after 9/11 and his desire to keep this country safe no matter what. Although his communication skills are sorely lacking and his ability to unite and not divide was vastly overrated. Time will tell as far as a final grade for this president. I have a feeling that people of every generation will have mixed feelings about this president.

___A+____John McCain

John wants to get it done period. He has shown me the desire to find solutions and has no problems reaching across the aisle. He is what many independents want in a President. I admit to allowing his Vietnam POW Veteran status influence me a bit, but I think on top of all his professional accomplishments that he's due. He may be stiff, but it's not due to being "out of touch", it's mostly due to spending years in a tiger cage. Mccain represents the terrorist's worst nightmare, that's reason enough to give him 4 years in the white house.

___D____ Hillary Clinton

And believe me I'm trying to be fair. I don't know much about what she has done in the senate. I will admit, that I don't like her. Mostly from watching her campaign. The more I see her, the more I not like her. I can't explain it, everything from her insincere cackle to her "card" playing makes me sick. The wrong Person for the job IMO. ___B____ Barack Obama

I like this guy, I didn't like what he said about Mccain concerning Iraq. Mccain's a fucking war hero who's been there I put more salt in what he has to say about war than a Civil Rights attorney. Overall though he has run a very high energy and passionate campaign. I do feel he has the best chance of winning in November, but I do worry that his sky high promises will come crashing down to earth more or less within the first year. Too many have campaigned saying that they will "change" Washington. I rather someone who understands Washington as well as Global Politics. But overall I think he's a shot in the arm for politics as a whole. And yes I graded him higher than Bush based on how he appeals to the American people, not because he's accomplished anything note worthy.

___C____Mike Huckabee

I do find him to be both Annoying and likable. He's taken a principled position by staying in. But I don't like how he played the Rich Vs Poor card with Mitt Romney. Overall I think he's looking at 2012 just like most republicans.

Arlington TX

Username hidden
(2284 posts)
Lucky & Destin:

Let me simplify my question or grading scheme for you guys. You can grade McCain, Obama, Hillary and Huckabee on how you think they will do as president, if elected, based on what we know so far? Do you get it?

GW Bush: D-/F

For their potential as president , or imagining their performance after 4 years in office:

Obama: A+

Hillary: A-

McCain: B

Huckabee: C- (but A for effort)

Los Angeles CA

Username hidden
(4376 posts)
_B_____ George W. Bush

_I______John McCain

_F______ Hillary Clinton For no divorcing that Bum.

__I_____ Barack Obama

__I_____Mike Huckabee

Saint Louis MO

Username hidden
(12439 posts)
Again stupid question for baiting....All the above I is for incomplete

Bush overall B

Saint Louis MO

Username hidden
(12439 posts)
The question is stupid as usual for sappy, how can you grade those who have not served? too stupid, typical for a lib though, you really need to get through high school before typing.

Bush B

Destin FL

Username hidden
(14562 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 13   End
TOPIC: Grading GW Bush Grading McCain, Obama, Hillary and Huckabee