Gingrich is such a hypocrite : Swingers Discussion 749821021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsGingrich is such a hypocrite
TOPIC: Gingrich is such a hypocrite
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   21 to 30 of 64   End
User Details are only visible to members.
StPete,

Legislative Immunity for members of Congress is absolute and based in the U.S. Constitution, Article I, Section 6. That is why members of congress get upset when search warrants are served on them for either their offices or homes and personal property.

Executive and Judicial Immunity is not based within the constitution but common law and U.S. case law. President Clinton's immunity from prosecution while in office was upheld in 1995, with the District Court Judge referring to the most recent case that challenged Presidential Immunity, which was Nixon v Fitzgerald, 1982.

Minden NV

Username hidden
(4041 posts)
"I warned everyone early on in this thread that this was about Gingrich, and his serial affairs, but now the Clinton haters have managed to make it a referendum on Clinton."......Actually this thread is about YOUR hypocrisy.

Miramar FL

Username hidden
(2075 posts)
That was toooo funny ....rolmao..Perfect.

Miramar FL

Username hidden
(2075 posts)
Sen

"It was my understanding his license was revoked versus that he voluntarily surrendered same, but I am not sure. Thanks! "

Six and one half a dozen if you ask me. He apparantly voluntarily gave it up but he did so in response to the plea bargain. The Arkansas Bar was going to take it anyway. Now from a practical standpoint, Clinton gave up nothing except cash. He hadn't practiced law since the 1980's (only gave it up for 5 years) and paid a fine of $25000 (I think the Arkansas Bar wanted $90,000)

St Petersburg FL

Username hidden
(989 posts)
Sen I'd make two points on your last post.

1. Although the Senate vote was down party lines with a few republicans voting for acquital ignores that the slim majority in the house got him to trial in the senate. The house vote was obviously down party lines with republican voting to impeach and dems voting not to impeach. There is only a simple majority needed for impeachment.

2. I don't believe you are correct about Clinton's immunitity to prosecution upon acquital of impeachment....why else would he accept a "plea bargain"?

St Petersburg FL

Username hidden
(989 posts)
JNM,

Your overview of Gingrich's life has no reference. Is it a published reference, or a scholarly reference? Or is it some partisan blog opinion piece?

Minden NV

Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Sen

Why do you suppose Clinton made the deal if he had immunity?? ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Once he left office, the immunity would no longer apply. Therefore, as a very smart man, he made a deal prior to his leaving office. Just IMHO.

Minden NV

Username hidden
(4041 posts)
"Sen

Minor correction. AssClown Specter voted "not proven". lol" ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- That was pretty funny, on the floor he actually referenced (his?) scottish tradition by using the term "not proven" versus acquited or not guilty - lol.

Minden NV

Username hidden
(4041 posts)
StPete,

I cannot find anything that is clear on whether Clinton voluntarily surrendered his law license versus it was revoked. Information seems to be vague. Without referring to blogs or web "opinion" pages, do you know of any news articles on the web or state bar associations that have referenced the status of Clinton's license?

It was my understanding his license was revoked versus that he voluntarily surrendered same, but I am not sure. Thanks!

Minden NV

Username hidden
(4041 posts)
"You're still not reading. What I wrote does not ignore that he could have told the truth. Again, fifth time (my original response was to something Gary said), and I'll rephrase......If NO ONE gave a shit who Clinton was fucking or having sex with in the first place, there would NEVER had been a question with which to answer with a LIE or a TRUTH. To get a answer.....the question must be asked." ------------------------------------------------------------------------ StPete,

The questions Clinton was asked concerning Monica Lewinsky, was not because he was solely having an affair with Lewinsky, or that someone wanting to make him just look bad. It was based on a lawsuit by Paula Jones to show a pattern of sexual misconduct. He was also asked questions about Kathleen Wiley and several other women. Prior to the deposition the Judge ruled that questions concerning even other women, i.e., Broderick, could not be asked due to the statute of limitations and that they would be prejudicial.

We have also discussed Impeachment of Federal Authorities before. It is in two phases; the House votes for Impeachment and the Senate votes for Conviction. He was Impeached by the House. The Senate did not convict. No Democrat voted to convict, but the following Republican's did vote to acquit: Lincoln Chafee, RI, Susan Collins, ME, James Jeffords, VT (at the time a republican, now a registered Independent), Olympia Snowe, ME Arlen Specter, PA. Posters are always talking about blindly following each other, but it seems both parties did that with only a few Republicans demonstrating non-partisan votes.

Also it should be noted that President Clinton could NOT be charged criminally unless he was convicted and removed from office first. The position of the President is granted protection and immunity from Criminal prosecution unless Congress acts first. So comparing that he was not criminally charged and Libby was, is unfair because Clinton could not be charged due to the umbrella of immunity, where Libby held no such immunity.

Minden NV

Username hidden
(4041 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   21 to 30 of 64   End
TOPIC: Gingrich is such a hypocrite