Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Ghost Prisons
TOPIC: Ghost Prisons
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... More 
Start   21 to 30 of 229   End
User Details are only visible to members.
you're on a battlefield with US soldiers, Sailors, Airmen or Marines and you have a weapon, are NOT wearing the uniform of a state sponsored military and you some how manage to survive and are captured, you're an unlawful enemy combatant."

i don't think i have a problem with that definition at all. of course the lawyer in me asks, "what is the definition of the battlefield?" team cheney would say the battlefied is "planet earth"

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
uh, it came from the New Jersey Law Journal... no blog..

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
More of this to come, they will never quit and niether should we.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
MOSCOW - A man formerly held in the U.S. facility in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, was killed Wednesday in a shootout with security agents in a restive North Caucasus republic, Russia's top security agency said.

Ruslan Odizhev was killed amid gunfire that erupted when agents tried to arrest him and another man in Kabardino-Balkariya, a region near Chechnya that is plagued by violence linked both to crime and to religious tensions, the Federal Security Service said in a statement.

The service, known by its Russian acronym FSB, said Odizhev had been held at Guantanamo Bay and was believed to have been a supporter of the Taliban. Odizhev was one of seven Russians released from the detention facility in 2004; his whereabouts recently had been unknown

The FSB did not specify why agents were trying to detain him, but said he was a suspect in the 1999 bombings of apartment buildings in Moscow and Volgodonsk and that he took part in a 2005 insurgent attack on police and government facilities in Nalchik, the capital of Kabardino-Balkariya.

That attack left 139 people dead, including 94 militants. Chechen warlord Shamil Basayev, who was killed in 2006, claimed credit for planning the attack.

The FSB said Odizhev was the "spiritual leader" of Yarmuk, an Islamic extremist organization connected to an array of violence in the region

Need any other reasons to keep them locked up? Or better yet to kill them after we're done torturing the information out of them?

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
LOL a LT. Col. man powerful stuff there...LOL So wich blog did this one come from? And Gitmo is not a Ghost prison EVERYONE KNOWS ITS THERE.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Dzzy,

How abou this as a definition of "unlawful enemy combatant".

you're on a battlefield with US soldiers, Sailors, Airmen or Marines and you have a weapon, are NOT wearing the uniform of a state sponsored military and you some how manage to survive and are captured, you're an unlawful enemy combatant."

That definition works for me. But then I'm not the bleeding heart ACLU type.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
A 26-year-veteran Army Reserve officer who served with the military tribunals at Guantanamo Bay has stated in an affidavit the tribunals were pressured to designate prisoners “enemy combatants” on the basis of only “generic” evidence, and that requests for evidence specific to the individual prisoners routinely was denied by intelligence agencies. It’s the first public criticism by an insider of the tribunal system, which is the only legal avenue open to Guantanamo detainees. Lt. Col. Stephen Abraham, a military intelligence veteran and a California lawyer, served as the chief liaison between the Combat Status Review Tribunal (CSRT) and intelligence agencies charged with providing them with evidence. Lawyer David Cynamon, who obtained the affidavit on behalf of a Kuwaiti detainee challenging his “enemy combatant” status, said, “It proves what we all suspected, which is that the CSRTs were a complete sham.”

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Sens I agree, However the word FORMER does speak volumes does it not? I actually would like to see them in population at any of our fine Penal facilities. Like Atica, Folsum, Levinworth, any would work for me. I want them tried and sentence. But yet because I feel this way is why they are where they are. And in all actuality they should be glad they are under military protection from assholes like me.Shakes his head. LOL People who want them in the US DOJ are ass holes like me, if you put these guys in general Population, and one gets killed? Forget about it. They dont want them in the general Pop.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Sens,

You're right. Then presidnet bush's decision on stopping at the gates also caused me to vote for perot in 1992.

But I remember gettign ready for a deployment when they cancelled it and we went and watched powell on tv saying "we've won a great victory and we don't want to look like barbarians."

IT'S A FUCKING WAR and you have to be barbaric to win.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
I have great respect for Powell but he is wrong on this issue. If that were to happen it would be a nightmare for our Legal Justice system and compromise National security secrets. You know the ACLU would have a field day defending these guys.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... More 
Start   21 to 30 of 229   End
TOPIC: Ghost Prisons