Geraldo Rivera weighs GOP Senate Run : Swingers Discussion 216273
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsGeraldo Rivera weighs GOP Senate Run
TOPIC: Geraldo Rivera weighs GOP Senate Run
Created by: Nkenswing
Original Starting post for this thread:
NEWARK, N.J. — Geraldo Rivera, who hosts a weekend show on Fox News Channel, said Thursday he's seriously thinking about running for the U.S. Senate in New Jersey.

"Buckle your seat belts!" said Rivera before announcing, on his radio show on WABC-AM in New York, that he is "truly contemplating" a Senate bid.

He said he has spoken to some people in the New Jersey GOP about a run, but he didn't say what they told him.

Rivera got a mixed response when he asked his 30,000 Twitter followers how they feel about him challenging either Sen. Frank Lautenberg or Newark Mayor Cory Booker.

At 89, Lautenberg is the oldest sitting U.S. senator. The Democrat hasn't said if he will seek re-election.

Booker, also a Democrat, has announced he is exploring a run but hasn't made clear if he would challenge Lautenberg in a primary, should he seek another term.

No Republican has formally announced an interest in running.

Rivera, who is 69, said he has commitments to Fox and the radio show, but "I figure at my age if I'm going to do it, I gotta do it."

"And there doesn't seem to be any Republicans ready to work against or run against" Lautenberg or Booker, he said.

The New Jersey Republican party did not return an email asking for comment.

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 3 of 3 
User Details are only visible to members.
Is this the same Rivera that in the first Iraq war painted a picture of where he was embedded with our military forces and broadcast it to the world?... Being tossed out of the country for endangering our troops?...

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7253 posts)
If he were running in my state and on my ballot I would consider voting for him. He seems to be able to sort out issues and think for himself and I value that.

Red Bluff CA
Username hidden
(438 posts)
NEWARK, N.J. — Geraldo Rivera, who hosts a weekend show on Fox News Channel, said Thursday he's seriously thinking about running for the U.S. Senate in New Jersey.

"Buckle your seat belts!" said Rivera before announcing, on his radio show on WABC-AM in New York, that he is "truly contemplating" a Senate bid.

He said he has spoken to some people in the New Jersey GOP about a run, but he didn't say what they told him.

Rivera got a mixed response when he asked his 30,000 Twitter followers how they feel about him challenging either Sen. Frank Lautenberg or Newark Mayor Cory Booker.

At 89, Lautenberg is the oldest sitting U.S. senator. The Democrat hasn't said if he will seek re-election.

Booker, also a Democrat, has announced he is exploring a run but hasn't made clear if he would challenge Lautenberg in a primary, should he seek another term.

No Republican has formally announced an interest in running.

Rivera, who is 69, said he has commitments to Fox and the radio show, but "I figure at my age if I'm going to do it, I gotta do it."

"And there doesn't seem to be any Republicans ready to work against or run against" Lautenberg or Booker, he said.

The New Jersey Republican party did not return an email asking for comment.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2640 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 3 of 3 
TOPIC: Geraldo Rivera weighs GOP Senate Run