George Zimmermann is broke and begging for donations : Swingers Discussion 216194
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsGeorge Zimmermann is broke and begging for donations
TOPIC: George Zimmermann is broke and begging for donations
Created by: Nkenswing
Original Starting post for this thread:
George Zimmerman is running out of money to pay for his legal defense, his lawyers say on a website set up to solicit donations.

Zimmerman, a former neighborhood watch volunteer, is charged with second-degree murder in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin, an unarmed black teenager, on Feb. 26, 2012, in Sanford, Fla. He has pleaded not guilty.

On Wednesday, O’Mara’s firm, which runs the website GZ Defense Fund dot com, tweeted that there was an update to the site. In the update, the lawyers say they are preparing for a hearing on Zimmerman’s self-defense claim, possibly in April, but need money in order to pay legal expenses.

The lawyers say on the website that as of a month ago more than $300,000 has been raised to pay for Zimmerman’s defense, but also say that when O’Mara first took the case last year, many legal analysts predicted the defense would cost more than $1 million. The attorneys say neither O’Mara nor his co-counsel Mark West has been paid for their services.

This is how the, $314,099.07 raised by the defense fund has been spent, according to the site: •Bail bond - $95,000 •Household/living expenses - $61,747.54 •Security - $56,100.00 •Law firm support and infrastructure - $40,647.64 •Case-related expenses - $35,588.07 •PayPal and fund management fees - $7,924.22 •Other expenses - $3,201.04

Zimmerman, who is of white and Hispanic descent, has pleaded not guilty to the murder charge. He says he shot Martin in self-defense after Martin attacked him. He is free on bail.

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 1 to 10 of 86   End
User Details are only visible to members.
To come back to your last Ghost-post (I was in meetings all day yesterday and really never had time to get away)

OK so you make a good point that really this is about who the ratings are composed of vs overall numbers. I'll grant you that.

As for the ratings war at 9 & 10 pm - I only dug up the numbers for 9(i.e. Hannity).

You may continue on your rethuglikan-related rantings.....

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19878 posts)
Bobby,

While I am not sure how "aggregated" works into this, you obviously must really suck at your job, or your security company knows how small your limitations are. Where do you get these wacky notions that you post? Why does your family get to harm others when they feel "provoked" but nobody else can defend themselves?

Also, how many times does your sister kick you in the balls? She must have really good aim. Maybe you should have had her along for protection when stalking those 3 or 7 guys/girls that you provoked.

Peoria AZ
Username hidden
(2374 posts)
Azqt:

Reasons to follow someone.

1) they have a weapon in hand. 2) they are acting aggregated or otherwise violent. 3) they have left a home you KNOW they do not live in and you KNOW the owners weren't home. 4) the police have given you instructions to follow an individual.

Reasons not to follow anyone.

1) they are black. 2) they have a hoodie (I have five different hoodies. I wear two of them together as a light winter jacket. 3) person is talking to themselves and you haven't identified that they aren't talking into a device. 4) the person begins to run. (no chase policy where I work. Law suits are a bitch) 5) said person might be armed. (you call that into the police and stay out of range so not to aggregate the suspect into taking hostages. Yes, I would sue your security company/neighborhood watch if I were taken hostage because you chased him, you endangered the public) 6) the person is out late at night. (I take midnight runs when I cannot sleep and the weather is good for it... As do many others who are out at night.... My condolances if you provoke my sister who also runs... Unlike TM she'll mace your face and then kick you in the balls until you stop moving... You don't want her kicking you... It hurts, trust me.)

There are more reasons not to follow someone, even if you suspect that they are up to no good... Namely as stated above. (interest of public safety and good) if the suspect feels threatened, violence may ensue and you would be the cause of said violence... All because you had to play cop... Only badged police officers get to play cop... Not John doe security guard.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7587 posts)
Bobby,

You say the little thug martin was picked out for reasons which do not matter. And what reasons would those be? I know I'm asking an awful lot here, but how about sticking with facts. Not your make believe version of law. Share some of that inside factual knowledge you have on this case that the media is withholding from us.

Peoria AZ
Username hidden
(2374 posts)
I have nothing against stand your ground laws... They are actually a good idea... So long as you are actually the defender. Zimmerman wasn't defending himself, he went on the hunt armed when he wasn't meant to be armed. (all official accounts state the job was to be a unarmed job of observation and report, if this isn't true... Prove it)

Zimmerman is the classic case of abusing law to defend oneself from prosecution and to murder... In the name of calling oneself a want to be cop.

Security has many levels, guards and neighborhood watch are the lowest level of security... We are living security cameras which have a voice with which to call for the police to make an arrest. TM wasn't in the process of committing any crime, he wasn't doing anything wrong and yet Zimmerman picked him out for reasons which do not matter.

This is the price of shooting a man in cold blood. It is cold blood because Zimmerman sat the situation up to be one where he was volunable and would feel threatened if challenged. Being armed with a vehicle, he was already a threat to TM and this TM disengaged by going where the vehicle couldn't follow... Zimmerman exited the safety ofthe vehicle and began a man hint by foot... Armed with his pistol.

That isn't the job of unarmed security, which to all accounts is what he was.

Had he worked for my company, he would have violated a half dozzen rules of how to proceed with an investigation, let alone monitoring TM. Zimmerman would have been fired.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7587 posts)
Here's a prediction for you: This cowardly asshole is toast.

The 'stand your ground' law in Fl is eventually toast.

The Governor is toast and the rethuglikan majority in the statehouse is most likely toast as well, within 2 years.

Rethuglikans all over the country have (and continue to) over reach and it has pissed of the MAJORITY of the people in this country.

This last election truly restores my faith in our founder's wisdom....

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3613 posts)
A judge in the case of a former neighborhood watch leader accused of shooting Florida teenager Trayvon Martin denied a request by defense attorneys to delay the trial Tuesday.

George Zimmerman's attorneys presented a motion Tuesday asking Judge Debra Nelson to push the trial from mid-June back to November because they say the prosecutor has been slow to turn over needed evidence. The state attorney has denied the accusation.

Nelson denied the motion and said the trial will begin on June 10. She noted that Zimmerman's lead attorney has been on the case for nearly a year and a half and said the problems he's having getting evidence are not insurmountable.

Prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda argued that the amount of preparation for the case is the result of Zimmerman's attorneys.

"I have never had a case, at least here in central Florida, as a normal thing where the defense creates their own website, creates their own Facebook , creates their own Twitter and just publishes stuff out there, encourages discussion among various groups," de la Rionda said. "I find it ironic that the defense complains they are now having to address all these issues, that with all due respect to the defense, they helped create."

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2789 posts)
There's two or more sides to any political issue worth debating.

Those who are incapable of articulating more than one side can't debate, they can only rant, parrot and name-call. Some spend an awful lot of time on it.

Amherst Canada
Username hidden
(2373 posts)
Last time I saw Fox, it seemed most of the advertising was about buying gold, and other even-weirder shit.

The numbers I'd like to see are Fox vs Everyone Else. Not that one expects them to outdo the rest of the field, but how the proportion is changing.

The "spending" demographic is interesting on one level; but the "voting" or "likely voters" bloc is also of interest.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
"I love how liberals, even smart ones like Fun, think they can just ignore direct questions and think EVERYONE doesn't see the cowardice."

Hmmm. I don't attribute your repeated dodging of my questions as cowardice. I just assumed you had no answers.

Btw, I freely admit that on a single occasion I didn't answer one of your questions to me. Not out of cowardice, but because the question itself was inane.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 1 to 10 of 86   End
TOPIC: George Zimmermann is broke and begging for donations