Gay Rights Movement : Swingers Discussion 949531081
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsGay Rights Movement
TOPIC: Gay Rights Movement
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... More 
Start   81 to 90 of 90 
User Details are only visible to members.
Name one leader in the gay community...who is passing the message DZZZZ

Who is their spokesperson? Who is their MLK or X?

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
what is more shocking, marchin down the street in ass less chaps or olympic gold medalists raising their fists and bowing their heads at the medal ceremony?

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
It is like their lifestyle...It has no substance.

what the F does that mean?

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
My point was that the Gay community has no defined leadership. Who is up front here where is the leadership? It is like their lifestyle...It has no substance.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Not really, their deaths also left a big vacuum in Black Leadership that has never been properly filled. We could use one or both of those guys today. Now we only got Bill Cosby......the fucking pudding guy for Christs Sake!

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
MLK had class. Malcome X had a mouth. Both were far more effective during life than you like to believe.

Actually more powerful in death...Rheir Assasins did minorities a favor and inhanced their message.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Gay rights? They have rights, the same as mine. Oh you mean extra rights...

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
So you think that marching down the street in drag while the people on the gay pride float behind you where ass-less chaps and pretend to hump each other will eventually earn the respect of the Non-Gay majority Angel?

I can only imagine if Gangster Rappers and Gang Members marched with Dr. King in the 60's throwing up signs and wearing their pants down to their knees. I wonder how seriously would people take Civil Rights Movement then?

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
Well Angel, I don't think you can compare Rosa Parks to the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence in San Francisco. The fact of the matter is, that while the Civil Rights Movement had some provocative characters involved. They where more intellectually provocative than obscene. Some did endorse violence, but even those people had some dignity about themselves. I'm sorry but if you want the straight world to take your politics seriously, you don't walk around in a dress wearing a spiked dog collar and chain. You don't mock the religion that the majority of Americans believe in. You don't intentionally justify the negative stereotypes that most people associate with your people. If MLK did his I had a dream speech in black face and then did a little jig afterwards, I don't think his message would have been effective. The "In your face" approach that many in the Gay Rights Movement seem to endorse, seems to do more to drive people away from their cause.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
I would like to hear thoughts on the Gay Rights Movement. I've heard it often compared to The Civil Rights Movement and The Womens Rights Movement. But for me I have never been able to find the same kind of respect for the Gay Rights Movement as I could for other Movements. My main issue with this movement is the use of Obscene and graphic sexuality. Imagine if swingers started marching down the street wearing costumes that they would wear in swinger's clubs. And engaging in sexual acts in full view of children. Imagine if swingers used floats, props, and signs mocking Christians? I think the Gay Rights Movement has consistently re-enforced negative stereotypes about Gays while complaining about the unflattering stereotypes. I just don't get it? What if MLk marched down the streets of Montgomery wearing ass-less chaps? I just can't give respect to a movement that has no respect for others or themselves. I've know many gays and still keep in touch with a few, most that I've known carried themselves with respect and dignity. They were also private about their sexuality without being ashamed of it. That kind of modesty and quiet dignity could go a long way toward their goals of equal treatment. JMO.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... More 
Start   81 to 90 of 90 
TOPIC: Gay Rights Movement