Gay Rights Movement : Swingers Discussion 949531041
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsGay Rights Movement
TOPIC: Gay Rights Movement
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... More 
Start   41 to 50 of 90   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I am all for gays and lesbians having equal rights. Should they have extra rights? Absolutely not. Yet they should have the legal right to marry (or a state recognized Civil Union for the ones who are sensitive to the word marriage). Gays and lesbians should have the right to cover their partner on their insurance. Gays and lesbians who qualify should be able to adopt.

As far as their marches go they do go a little over the top and does hurt their credibility. If they want to be taken seriously then they need to wear jeans or suits. Lose the chaps and take the feather out of your ass. But the gay rights movement is looked to be just as absurd now as the Civil Rights movement looked back in the 60's. Marches with black men waving their fists in the 60's hurt their cause just as much as a dainty man waving pom-poms does today.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
yeah kind of like what liberals do with gun owners.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
But, really, what is the incidence of gay sex during pride parades?

I agree it is distasteful, as would hetero sex be during a parade.

We hear it, and focus on it, because it is so over the top and so rare.

I have never heard of any sex acts, real or simulated, at the San Diego events.

My point is that many people will take an unusual event and generalize it to a group of people. Happens all the time.

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17354 posts)
Self reported statistics are notoriously inaccurate.

Definitions change over time, and between one person and another.

Mores change and people become more or less comfortable reporting.

The sample is often also self-selected, and often not representative of the population.

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17354 posts)
And the guy that took a shot at me was an african American. No hate crime just Assault with a deadly weapon, a hate crime would have added 10 years to his 15...happened 9 years ago he got out in 2004.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Tort.

It reports stats. Someone could've taken offense to "oh that gay" and said it was a verbal attack. 62% in fights. I bet if you look at numbers it probably mimics straight kids. Numbers can be used alot of different ways... LIES, DAMN LIES AND STATISTICS.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
Do these reports also reflect how many assailants were caught and tried for hate crimes? In my life time I have been in more fights than I can count on both hands, been held up twice at gun point, and I am straight, white, and an american, and the two that were prosecuted were not charged with a hate crime. signed confussed...

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
OMG DebJack!

Good thing I didn't hear that when it happened. I would've driven my ass to Pennsylvania just to see that shit in person! With a lawn chair and a beer lol!

Columbus OH
Username hidden
(340 posts)
Aside from the moral aspects of the issue, I don't see why gay marriage is a problem in the U.S.A. Call it what you want civil union, gay marriage, butt buddies for life, whatever. Let them get married. What's it going to hurt? Me? You? The economy? This is America. Give them the damn cookie, if they ask for milk, tell them to shut the fuck up.

Columbus OH
Username hidden
(340 posts)
Lucky

Gays were lynched. Not black style but lyched nonetheless.

Columbus OH
Username hidden
(340 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... More 
Start   41 to 50 of 90   End
TOPIC: Gay Rights Movement