Gay Lobby Trying to Force Homosexuality on our 3rd Graders : Swingers Discussion 734271081
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsGay Lobby Trying to Force Homosexuality on our 3rd Graders
TOPIC: Gay Lobby Trying to Force Homosexuality on our 3rd Graders
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   81 to 90 of 150   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Ultimately... whatever a teacher in school teaches...if you have a close relationship with your child, the child is going to look to you for guidance. So, I could care less if my son was exposed to gay parents in a film or to intelligent design of the universe because I will guide him in his questions and give him insight to these new subjects as they are taught.

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
I have a very close relationship with my son and why people are threatened by alternative beliefs being exposed to their children is baffling to me.

When my son was young I exposed him to all different kinds of beliefs ....many of which I don't believe in. This only expanded his knowledge of the world and didn't jeopardize what we believed in as a family unit. I even took him to Catholic mass once just so he could see what it was like and that is one of the most different ways of thinking from the way I believe. NO .. it didn't make him become Catholic either and neither did his introduction to Buddism. I taught him that other people believe in different things and need different things from their religion and all are to be respected because they ultimately have a core of goodness and it's just the details that different in many religions. WHY WHY WHY is exposing children to different believe so threatening to you when you have your child's daily ear to explain it all from your perspective?

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
I would have no problem with public schools teaching creationism as long as they give equal time to all other major religious creation beliefs. There are many variations of of many different religions on how this world came about. If you want to teach one religious method then you are going to have to give equal to all the other major ones.

So... go right ahead because teaching my son alternative beliefs from my own is not threatening to me. All knowledge gained will make him a well rounded individual and as he matures... all that data he will ultimately make his own decision on his own beliefs. Whether he ultimately beliefs as his parents is not important in life.... only that what he believes is what is true to him and makes him happy. I do not need him to believe as me.. I am me. He is a different person with his own wants, desires and needs.

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
AFter sifting through 70 posts while I was away.... this stupid name calling and jack ass type behavior by both sides is repulsive. It accomplishes nothing and only shows ignorant behavior. Let's get back to the facts.

It is my understanding that the film shows that alternative family units exist but DOES NOT state that they are acceptable. Again... it only seems to state facts and does not make judgment on the matter. So...what is objectionable to stating strictly facts on a subject? Last time I checked Social Sciences has always been an important part of the basics of education and family structure falls under that heading.

As far as teaching creationism in the schools... Creationisn is SOLELY based in religion and last time I check we weren't suppose to teach religion in schools unless it was a private school. If you want religious rooted beliefs...great... attend a private school that teaches them but public schools are suppose to stay away from subjects that are solely religious based. This also includes teaching them about Christmas...thats stretching across the religious bounds again and if you are going to give time to one religious holiday you are going to have to give equal time to all of them. Are you ready to mix all religious beliefs in public schools by introducing creationism? I know Buddism has a total different take on creation...we will need to teach that too.... let's see what else...plenty.

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
I said in the beginning of this thread for the parents to go view it with there children.

Lockport IL
Username hidden
(388 posts)
Unlike the claims made by JNM, not all of us are revolting against this film. Many of us are not sure if we agree or disagree with showing children of that age something that through natural progression they won't learn on there own.

I see nothing wrong with the film itself. Again my concern is the attention span and the ease to which children of this age may become more confused. What happens when a child who watches this asks why someone would have two daddy's or mommy's versus having one mother or father? Will they even care or comprehend? These are rhetorical questions.

It seems perfect and debjack brought up good points when they suggested that parents be a part of this process. Show the film and discuss this when it's parents day or provide the tape for viewing to all children as a homework assignment.

Also, any thing we do in life can be viewed as an "indoctrantion" and everything in life has an agenda, whether it is passive, active, or reactive. Another point brought up was that teachers are NOT robots and just like anyone else, have an agenda, a position and are expected to answer questions when asked. Parents should be made aware of and allowed to debate and be prepared to discuss ANY subject material that their children will be exposed to.

I went back and watched the 1 minute and 9 second clip of Bill O'Reilly talking about this issue. He was neutral on it, calm in discussing it and did not seem to oppose or promote the tape. He simply informed his viewers on something that was brought to his attention. Based on SandJ's good points, I went and got a copy of the tape (burned DVD). It does not offend me, ad I have no problem with the premise of what it appears to be representing.

However, as I have always said talking about these things is GOOD thing, not a bad one. Being somewhat cautious and skeptical is also not a bad thing, as i makes people ask questions which ultimately leads people to become more informed.

Chastizing and berating someone's opinion accomplishes nothing.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
During the holiday season my children learned about Kwanza and Christmas and Chanukah. I had no problem with it. I see nothing wrong with learning about beliefs different from our own. Its part of Social Studies and its healthy to be able to understand the difference in people. Even if you do not agree with their beliefs. Disagreeing is no excuse for ignorance. You don't have to agree to have an understanding. Wanting to understand is simply saying I respect your right to be different. I just would like to understand how you feel about it.

Noone said that in this movie they are teaching it to be normal. They are just teaching that it does exist. Sorry hiding facts is not a good way to educate. It just breeds further ignorance.

Bridgeport PA
Username hidden
(12773 posts)
38 your pretty closed minded given the fact that you swing. With what your saying that being with the same sex is abnormal,your saying this to about 80 percent of us in here.

Lockport IL
Username hidden
(388 posts)
does anyone know the name of this video, can we get it online to watch.

Lockport IL
Username hidden
(388 posts)
I agree with SandJ, not everyone has or thinks a political agenda everytime they do or say something.

Lockport IL
Username hidden
(388 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   81 to 90 of 150   End
TOPIC: Gay Lobby Trying to Force Homosexuality on our 3rd Graders