Gay Lobby Trying to Force Homosexuality on our 3rd Graders : Swingers Discussion 734271071
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsGay Lobby Trying to Force Homosexuality on our 3rd Graders
TOPIC: Gay Lobby Trying to Force Homosexuality on our 3rd Graders
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   71 to 80 of 150   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Would you then return with the same public appology for your derogatory name calling that's ever present when responding to certain people ?

Its a two sided street ya know..

Bridgeport PA
Username hidden
(12773 posts)
Not for him and I did in an earlier post: Poly did what a good parent should, She showed and explained to her kids what alternitive lives are about and you seem to complain? It is not up to schools to do that it is up to the parents... Good Job Poly. Until he apologizes for calling me and others a racist on here forget it...And I want it in open forum so everyone can read it.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
JNM sez:I'm not saying anything more on the subject. I don't believe creationism should be taught in the public schools.(or anywhere for that matter)This is a right wing issue designed to indoctrinate our kids. It's junk science big time. I also believe in diversity training and awareness to combat intolerant and ignorant parents who carry their hateful baggage with them and pollute the world with crazy religious based ideas. I have nothing further to add except, those of you(and you know who you are) please stay away from my son!!

Thought you were done here and the only one who brought up your son was you. You opened the door on that one yourself.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Thanks. The movie is only 30 minutes long so that's about half the movie!

Bridgeport PA
Username hidden
(12773 posts)
Ok maybe Poly tollerance is a better term. That would fit more people. I however am accepting.

Glad you showed the movie to your children. Can you tell me where you found it?

Bridgeport PA
Username hidden
(12773 posts)
Debjack...

I got what you were saying but that isn't the case in this situation.

I didn't find this exchange all that heated. A few tend to be nasty and name call. I don't read those peoples posts at all. So I haven't a clue what a few have said in here at all.

I have slowly been given the answers to my questions and have alittle more understanding of why those who oppose it do. Even if I do not agree. That's all I wanted...

Bridgeport PA
Username hidden
(12773 posts)
Poly did what a good parent should, She showed and explained to her kids what alternitive lives are about and you seem to complain? It is not up to schools to do that it is up to the parents... Good Job Poly.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Did anyone read about this elsewhere just currious.

From my understanding they sent home a letter and had a viewing of the movie for the parents and that's why they suspended showing it to the students. Because the parents were angry that it mentioned gays at all. Do they think not talking about them will make them go away. The only reason the gay rights people are involved is because the negative reaction comes from just the same sex family households being mentioned. Not because they wanted to. They actually didn't start this. Being gay isn't learned behavior. Being gay is just what you are. Not many people choose to be gay more choose to fight the instincts to begin with. They force themselves to live the normal life til it eventually comes out. That's how we have gay parents in the first place isn't it.

Did you also read it isn't a bunch of adults explaining a family. Its a bunch of 8 year olds describing the members of their family.

Sexual reproduction is part of biology. So now we need to remove biology hell that class had more knowledge than my parents could offer me.

Family is part of Social Studies aka Social Sciences.

As far as teaching religion I know they are taught small amounts in our district of a few of the ones that are more prominent in this area. I see nothing wrong with it. I teach my children christianity and say grace nightly at dinner. The children won't eat without saying grace first. Even at a resturaunt. I just make them be quiet about it because of others who don't share our beliefs. I teach them to respect our right to do and others rights not to.

Younger children I don't think could grasp the religious topics and need to understand the beliefs their parents are teaching them before they learn of others types. So as to not confuse the child at a young age. High School I would love it for my daughter to have that class.

I look at it like this . I think the movie with children telling kids about their happy home to be just fine. If it was a bunch of college professor (adults) in this video I would feel totally different. I don't think an adult even myself is capable of talking and teaching with out their beliefs shining through. Their personal predjudices we all have them would come out.

I have no issues with my children knowing all the different cultures that have come together to make this wonderful melting pot in which we live. The country who has made it that we can all practice or not practice any religion we want. A country that has very few Natural American's left and are from other places and their ancestors have settled here. That's why we have so many different nationalities all wrapped up into one American. To me that knowledge gives them an understanding of what america is. Maybe even less hate crimes in the future because of a better understanding and acceptance of others.

But unfortunately I have to leave Yvonne world and realize in the real world people aren't so accepting of others as I am. Thanks for reminding me.

Bridgeport PA
Username hidden
(12773 posts)
"Fine with me. I don't see what makes alternative families any different. Do people think that their children won't run into anybody saying 'Grace' or pass a church? "

Because it would be misleading to present our society as a society only of married male and female family units when that isn't true. So, what are we to do when social studies hour arrives - just not talk about families or their cultural beliefs? Should we just cut Social Studies all together out of the public school system? If we keep Social Studies...... what are we suppose to talk about in Social Studies class? Only "normal" things......hide the "unnormals"?

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
Perfect....My son was taught creationism in Bible School....where it should stay due to the money and time factor. Had it been taught in public school.... ultimately it would not have made any difference to me or his life. Either way.... I put my two cents in regardless who the teacher happens to be.

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   71 to 80 of 150   End
TOPIC: Gay Lobby Trying to Force Homosexuality on our 3rd Graders