Gay Lobby Trying to Force Homosexuality on our 3rd Graders : Swingers Discussion 734271051
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsGay Lobby Trying to Force Homosexuality on our 3rd Graders
TOPIC: Gay Lobby Trying to Force Homosexuality on our 3rd Graders
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 150   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"It's the liberal point of view that parents are not capable of raising their children and liberal guidance is needed. The problem, as my friend Perfect periodically notes, is that liberalism always has the direct opposite effect of its intentions. When we try to "fix" the kids via liberalism we in fact break them. "

Last time I checked...everyone was already being taught to read and write. Are any of your children not being taught how to read and write or are you having to home school for those things these days? Califorina is the worst public school system in the nation and my son was taught all the basics. So. what basics are kids these days not being taught because the school is being sidetracked on agendas? Just because its taught.... doesn't mean it's absorbed and as we know those that don't learn are most likely those that lack attentive involved parents....not because there is a lack of teaching the subjects.

Mountain Ranch CA

Username hidden
(8696 posts)
"Personally I am sick of the entire public school system. Classes move at the speed of the slowest student when in fact they should remove the slower students from those classes, put them in classes with students of the same speed and let those who are going to be the best and brightest learn as fast as they can." ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- I guess this is where I differ from my conservative fellow posters. School is about learning and TEACHING. Too many teachers ignore those who learn slower and differently then others. The art of a good teacher is not how many A students they had that go on to be doctors, lawyers, scientist etc., it is in taking those F & D students and by the time they graduate they are C+ to A minus students.

I have a biased view here. I was called stupid, or told things "we will always need ditch diggers", by teachers and educators. I barely graduated with a High School diploma and if it was not for my skills on a basketball court, I may have been a drop out. At the time I actually believed I was dumb and "different" from other kids. I went to college on a Basketball scholarship, but dropped out after 3 months because I could not learn. Two months later I joined the Air Force, barely passing the AFQT exams. While in basic training, a history professor, had me take several batteries of test which revealed I had a form of dyslexia.

In 2 years my IQ went from a sub normal score to in the 120s, 4 years later it was even higher. This one TEACHER, a government civilian who taught military history, took a few minutes to compare my verbal and practical application skills against my reading and comprehension skills. Based on his taking a few moments, I was introduced to different ways for me to absorb and understand things. I become more confident, excited about learning and went from hating to read to devouring books. My math skills still suck (lol), but my point is treating me as dumb only caused me to retreat more and begin believing it myself. I now have two bachelors degrees, both with honors and I am close to my masters. If I would of never met that one professor, I would never come close to being where I am today.

Proactive teachers that take an A student and have the A student help those who learn slower or differently using Positive reinforcement lifts the lower student up. It also teaches that people may learn differently, but are still the same. It bridges the gap and helps to open dialogue between the "cool" smart kids and those that are considered "uncool" or dumb. It also helps develop positive leadership skills in both the A student who is taking on the role of a tutor and the slower learner who in return might teach the A student about something they are good at.

There was a movie a few years ago that I thought presented several of these things well, it is called "The Mighty".

Minden NV

Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Did your eldest sons class have a white heterosexual couple come in to talk to them about their family??????

I'd think children of alternative familes need some diversity training also. --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ROTFLMAO.....That's good!

Minden NV

Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Would showing it to the 6th graders instead have evoked a difference response from parents???? I doubt it. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- In me it would of. If you go back to my very first post you will find I was concerned about the age of the children and their ability, at such a young age, to FULLY comprehend this information versus being anti video.

As children get older they become more aware of the "outside" world versus the world of innocence or familiarity, which is limited to what they view as their family, friends, school and the block or neighborhood they play in. As we get older we become more "self" aware. The key word is "self". At he same time we are becoming more "self" aware then, in my opinion, this video would be more appropriate.

I am going to play a little devil’s advocate here.

As I stated earlier, everything has an agenda, including this video. Between 1990 and the 2001 census, the Justice Department and the U.S. Census Bureau basically reversed the numbers on Same Sex Partners and Polygamists. Between that time same sex partnerships went up approximately 600 percent where polygamist dropped by approximately 450 percent. This was mainly due to same sex partners now becoming acceptable and the courts throughout the 1990s outlawing many of the last remnants of Polygamy.

My point and questions are two fold. If this is not a subtle or hidden agenda, we does the video not include world views on a family? I saw the video it does not, it presents families from the POLITICAL position of the U.S. model. Why does it not show the family unit in Japan, which is still male dominant. Or the family unit in many Muslim countries such as Saudi, Syria, Jordan, Yemen, Bahrain, UAE, etc, where it is common and/or allowed to have more then one wife?

My point is there is nothing wrong with having an agenda, everything does have an agenda, just at differing levels. I would just hope that people would be honest about those agendas. This tape, for arguably different reasons, has an agenda. It is to tell kids that different family make-ups, to include two daddy's or two mommy's, while excluding bigamy, polygamy, gender dominant role families, does send open, subliminal, subtle, religious, and political agendas and messages. Yes, it does attempt to teach tolerance, as well as acceptance, towards what is currently the types of families WITHIN THE U.S.. That makes it agenda driven as well as politically driven. That may not be a bad thing, and personally I do not believe it is, but let us not kid ourselves that it is a quiet, passive from of indoctrination. Please keep in mind that we indoctrinate kids into math, science, history, politics, etc. Not all forms of indoctrination are a bad thing.

In closing, everyone has made good points (accept the one who attacks opposite views). I have learned AND adjusted my thinking just through reading everyone’s positions. Since I was leaning back and forth on the fence at the beginning of this discussion, for me, SinVT, SandJ, Perm, Simbaxx, Ocean and Poly, in my opinion, have made the best and most well reasoned positions. I was always open to the video itself and now based on their points I am less concerned about 3rd graders viewing it, with parental knowledge. Perfect, debjack, lucky and Akron, in my opinion, are correct that IN THE BIGGER picture there is an agenda here, a form of indoctrination. It seems naïve to me to dismiss that.

Minden NV

Username hidden
(4041 posts)
"There are plenty of penalties for lazy parents. Kick the kid out of school if needed. Fail the kid." The first sentence is contradicted by the following two. The first is stating that there are penalties for the parents. The second two are punishing the child for poor parenting.

The way I've read it, the parents WERE shown this video before it was to be shown to the children. That's why the cry went out to fight homosexuality being mentioned. And mentioned by eight year old children, by the way, who were explaining their family members.

The only agenda I can see here (amongst the women, anyway) is that most of us want to see our children leave the school system well rounded, educated, and a little more aware of the world around them than we were at that age. S

Cambridge VT

Username hidden
(6291 posts)
"MY responsibility to teach my child how to deal with mean, ignorant children. It's the school's responsibility to discipline the mean child. "

Unfortunately, that reflects on society as a whole. The more mean, ignorant children we have the more mean, ignorant adults we have. Consequently, I want less mean, ignorant children so we as a society we become stronger and not weaker as time progresses with these trends.

Mountain Ranch CA

Username hidden
(8696 posts)
"There are plenty of penalties for lazy parents. Kick the kid out of school if needed. Fail the kid. Juvenile detention. As long as we fail to hold these parents accountable they'll continue their inappropriate ways. " -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please how do any of these things hold the parents accountable. seems to me like your punishing the child.

Bridgeport PA

Username hidden
(12773 posts)
"There are plenty of penalties for lazy parents. Kick the kid out of school if needed. Fail the kid. Juvenile detention. As long as we fail to hold these parents accountable they'll continue their inappropriate ways. "

Akron - no disrespect but you are being naive if you think those are deterrents. Kids are ARE kicked out of school and go to juvenile hall BECAUSE of a lack of parenting...they aren't deterrents. The parents just say ..."Oh well." So, apparently those actions don't fix the problem.

Mountain Ranch CA

Username hidden
(8696 posts)
"....homosexuality into the mainstream"

But isn't homosexuality prevalent in the mainstream? Does NOT accepting it as a mainstream lifestyle make it disappear and go away? We of course know it isn't going to go away.... too many people ARE homosexual. For that matter, the majority of women here in the lifestyle are Bisexual, so alternative forms of relationships are pretty common. Why can't many people accept homosexuality in to the mainstream BUT not agree with it? Can't people accept others are different and have the right to live different? To be honest, there are a lot crappy "traditional" parents out there and I would welcome a gay loving respectful attentive set of parents over any traditional crappy parents any day. Parenting families do not require a male and a female.

As far as the homosexual couples not seen as "families" or shall I say recognized as a family (due to religious reasoning).....times change. Women didn't use to vote either and were considered sub class and couldn't own property. As we evolve as people and a society....so do their customs. In the next 25 years.... I would bet money that the Catholic church will change it's view on abortions. The church through history is always changing it's stand on things as it evolves. Just 45 years ago it was a SIN (and had to go to confession)if you ate meat during Lent and now days.... well, its just a tradition to do it but not a sin. How things change....and will continue to change. One thing history has shown us..... what one religion believes now will be vastly different even 100 years from now.

Mountain Ranch CA

Username hidden
(8696 posts)
....AND what happens when many parents DON'T pick up their end of parenting? Personally, I think if schools were to STOP (as you say) then there would need to be some sort of "catalyst" for parents to parent. What should happen to parents who don't parent???? Has to be something because too many take the lazy way out and do nothing. Ooooooh I know... how about a penalty fine on your income tax for kids who get failing grades, too many absentees, and negative disciplinary conduct? Oh, I could think of lots of catalyst for those damn lazy parents!

Mountain Ranch CA

Username hidden
(8696 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 150   End
TOPIC: Gay Lobby Trying to Force Homosexuality on our 3rd Graders