Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Gay Lobby Trying to Force Homosexuality on our 3rd Graders
TOPIC: Gay Lobby Trying to Force Homosexuality on our 3rd Graders
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... More 
Start   41 to 50 of 150   End
User Details are only visible to members.
True some families do it out of necessaity 2inVt.

As far as employers being willing. I don't see how they couldn't give a parent one flex day a month to aid the requirements of the school. Where the parent could go in early and start it if needed leave and do the school thing and return.

They may not like doing it but it could be done. It could be mom or dad so technically it could be done once every other month each parent.

Bridgeport PA
Username hidden
(12773 posts)
part2

Every child in this country is entitled to the same education as the child next to them no matter what their family background or location of their home is. There are schools is this country that don't have enough books for each student to have one and utilize as a study tool there shouldn't be. Some schools have lavish lounges and gymnasiums while others are simply falling apart. We wonder why our students are far below the rest of the world.

I visited germany and I don't care for how the structure of their schools is made up but in the early years every child has the same tools as the child on the opposite side of the country. They have mandatory parental involvement in the elementary schools. Each parent has to help the teacher x amount of hours each month. So the teachers are getting extra help and able to give the individualized attention alittle easier with those extra helping hands. I don'tknow alot about the higher levels yet. My friends in germany have younger children so I only know about how that works. I think making the parents attend school with the child for x amount a month to aide the teacher is a wonderful idea. All students having the same materials also helps to keep the national standard and average just that.

This has been very interesting . I am enjoying actually getting to understand what your actually thinking.

long winded lots of catching up to do from being away and just enjoying this conversation!

Bridgeport PA
Username hidden
(12773 posts)
The problem is the teachers aren't getting help from the parents. Most families both parents work and then get home and rush this one to this activity and that one to that. Grab something to eat and get on the run again. The families of today's world are to busy trying to keep up with the jones. they work to get these material things leaving very little time for the things that really influence us and make a difference inour lives. They are to busy trying to earn the bigger better things in life and making it look perfect (sorry not you) even when its actually a home full of strangers passing in the breeze.

The the teachers have been given requirements for students to all pass these standardized government test and if they don't pass these test they loss the funding they recieve or their blue ribbon status. So they spend more time teaching and preparing for standardized tests and less time actual teaching the individual children. Then they throw in the wonderful no child left behind act set into affect alittle while ago. Now we have students being pushed through school. Kids who shouldn't be passing, passing. That hold back the smarter kids. Especially when the kid next to them shouldn't have even passed because he couldn't multiply 6x6.

The diversity coarse like Poly said is a good thing for the children who do grow up in primarily white hetero sexual areas. They really need to understand what the world is like outside their perfect little box. Eventually they have to leave that box. I wonder how many of those families would sit their child down and talk about such a topic with their child. Ya know the ones they are raising that could never be anything but like them. ( alittle sarcasm in that sentence)

There are way to many limitations and regulations being set in place because it sounds good in theory but in all actuality if the law makers were mom alot of it would have never ever made it anywhere but a chuckle. Its impossible for every student to pass and learn at the same pace. With class sizes being in the mid to upper twenties that's alot of different learners and only one teacher. It is so much better to hold a child back when in the younger grades and have them redo that one year. Give them that edge to actually comprehend what they hadn't and then move along and be more ready to do it right. Some children benifit from it. There are way to many generalized restrictions placed on school now a days. I believe its more damaging to that childs well being to push him along where they will be taunted and teased and pushed along some more. That person feeling like less of an importance then the child in the desk next to them. that is far worse than staying back one year and having to make new friends.

part1

Bridgeport PA
Username hidden
(12773 posts)
"Sen I'm surprised you missed this. The Stuart Smalley thing is Franken making fun of the touchy feely, progressive type, having to give himself "Daily Affirmation" just to be able to face the world. He was making fun of what many others here have made fun of on a regular basis. The liberal, metrosexual, spiritual, progressive, or whatever you want to call him guy, and yet you missed it. This is not meant maliciously in any way, but the irony of you not seeing Smalley's humor speaks to just how different you and I really are." ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- No, I did not take it that you were being malicious. I was not clear in my statement. I do get what the character represented, I just did not find Franken's portrayal as funny. I have seen other comedian actors do similar characters and poke fun at the "touchy, feely, metrosexual etc, male" and did find them funny. I just didn't find Franken (as Stuart) funny. I should of explained myself better.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
SandN, great post on your experiences. For a long time, teaching was what you studied when you couldn't decide on a major. It was something that high school guidance counselors and college counselors recommended. Obviously that put a ton of teachers in our midst who are much more concerned about the paycheck than the actual teaching. It takes a smart, savvy person to realize that every child is different and in a classroom setting what works for one does not work for another.

I was educated in a small school system. My SAT grades when I was a Junior were 400 points higher than the average that exists right now, amongst the same age test-takers. When I see that, I ask myself why. I truly believe it was because the school system tried to cull the worst teachers out early and replace them with interested, involved teachers.

And, by the way, there IS a study on the money put into a school system vs the student's actual test scores (which I presume were the standardized tests). I believe it was on the DC public schools a couple of years ago (I saw the synopsis of the study while at the DC Public Library doing research about 2-3 years ago. They'd been throwing tons of money at the DC schools for two decades and the study proved that the money they threw did nothing to raise the children's scores. S

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
OK JNM, all sarcasm aside.

I am going to surprise you. I think Al Franken, along with Tom Davis , was one of the most talented writers on SNL. Not 100 percent sure, but I believe, for a short time, he also wrote for Second City, which I loved and now have the DVD's. I never got the Stuart Smalley thing. I always felt he was a better writer then performer.

In the late 1980's early 1990's I was a supporter and donated to a movement to get Al Franken to run for the Senate. At that time Franken complained about politicians in general. I attended several of his political talks where he chastised and complained about both parties being the same, with fat cat "professional" politicians, who got voted in based on money, and not based on issues. He spoke to conservatives, liberals and moderates who felt the system was no longer open to elect the everyday Mom, who might be a hairdresser, or the Dad who was a plumber. He spoke to issues and how much control lobbyies have with politicains that influenced those issues.

Then he spent some time away. Based on different accounts, he admitted himself for exhaustion. Based on other accounts, he admitted himself because he recognized he was on the edge of a breakdown. Based on other accounts it was for cocaine or substance abuse. There are hundreds of stories and I am not sure where fact ends and fiction begins. However, when he reappeared in public I again attended one of his functions, and I saw a drastic change.

He now proclaims to be a Liberal Democrat and that he always has been. That is fine as many of us have changed or amplified who we politically identify with. However, based on his conduct after reappearing, I don't think he is right in the head. He now justifies and dismisses any bad conduct by a Democrat, yet crucifies conservatives for their conduct. When he flipped out, stood up and appeared to go over the table at Tucker Carlson, on national TV, I completely lost respect for him. Paul Begula had to slide his chair, in next to Tucker, anticipating that Franken was possibly going to attack Carlson. Franken was screaming at Tucker and acted out of control.

IMHO, he now comes across as a hate filled, small minded little man, who acts out like a spoiled child when things don't go his way or differ from what he believes. His book "Rush Limbaugh, Is a Big Fat Idiot" was good, it was fairly accurate and leaned on Franken's view and opinions. I disagreed with many of his opinions, and I disagreed with some of his interpretations of events, but we all see things from different perspectives and I can respect that. His book, "Liars", was nothing more then personal and vicious attacks against people he dislikes. As I read the book I highlighted things he said about people and afterwards researched his claims. A large majority of the supposed lies were his taking things WAY out of context or jumping on someone’s spoken mistake. Mistakes that the person themselves corrected. Based on Franken's book everyone who has misspoken is a liar (except him). That includes me, as I have mistated what I thought was fact and later realized my mistake and corrected same. I think we have all done that.

For me, Al Franken has become a hater, I have heard him on his rado show, and at the last function of his I attended in San Francisco, saying all republicans are evil and racist. In my book, that makes him an intolerant prick. Everything a liberal is NOT supposed to be.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Sen

I feel bad for teachers. Their hands are full (and tied) just trying to maintain discipline in the classroom.

hmmmmm ... I wonder how THAT became a problem????

(cough)liberalism(cough) ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I can not argue with you that teachers hands are full or tied. However, most of us can argue that point in most jobs we have had or currently have. Hell, in 21 years of being in the Air Force, I cannot tell you how many times we felt our hands were tied. Not just in the big sense of the term either, but right down to how we did our jobs at the local level, no matter where we were stationed.

In my 9 years at various military installations there was always something that "tied" us down or had our "hands full". My other 12 years assigned to non-military position under the umbrella of the State Department, I encountered different things that kept my hands full or tied. Each one of us experiences that, maybe not daily, but at one time or another in our professional lives.

However, many people regardless of the bureaucracy they encounter the "overcome, they improvise, the adapt"(I borrowed that from the Marines), and continue to have self pride in their work, their profession and in the client or people they serve. Maybe it is just me, but I don't see that self discipline and pride, in ones work, in many teachers.

I do agree that much of the problem is in your last statement.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Perfect,

I stopped long ago trying to explain it. He believes Al Franken is funny. He also believes the media , CNN, ABC, NBC etc, which is promoting a theme of Al's progression. If you listen to these media outlets Al has moved on from "a successful talk radio" position to politics as he has thrown his hat into the Senate race. Gee, I thought he was an UNSUCCESSFUL radio host on a Liberal radio network that went BANKRUPT.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
2inVT,

No apology needed, levity is a good thing and yours was taken in the manner it was meant, that of humor.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
I know some feel funding and the government are the problems in schools. Personally, I think funding is adequate. At the 6-12 level I blame teachers, as I had none that took the time to really try TEACH me. I also blame teachers unions which protect bad teachers and do nothing to promote or provide incentive for good teachers or teachers who want t improve.

In my case, it took someone who had TRULY understood what a teacher is that reached and touched me.

In this area, I agree with Akron and Perfect. We have over legislated our schools, we have allowed unions to over reach into the class room, and we do nothing to motivate or maintain good teachers. However, I am a big believer in Personal Responsibility, and too often teachers blame everything else, but their own defeatism and, possibly, their incompetence.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... More 
Start   41 to 50 of 150   End
TOPIC: Gay Lobby Trying to Force Homosexuality on our 3rd Graders