GO OKLAHOMA !! : Swingers Discussion 89596
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsGO OKLAHOMA !!
TOPIC: GO OKLAHOMA !!
Created by: DestinFlCp
Original Starting post for this thread:
Oklahoma in... NOT O.K. --- Great for Oklahoma

Well, it passed! Oklahoma is no longer OK for Illegal Aliens...... .. It seems that at least one state has decided to take matters into it's own hands, since the Federal Government keeps dragging it's feet on this Illegal alien stuff and even reversing popular opinion on how to handle it. BRAVO OKLAHOMA! (Too bad all politicians don't have the 'guts' to do this)

Every State needs to do this!!!!

Oklahoma's Governor Brad Henry has signed a sweeping immigration Reform bill: House Bill 1804, that its sponsor believes will go a long way in dealing with the illegal alien problem in the state.

House Bill 1804 was passed by overwhelming majorities in both the House and Senate of the Oklahoma Legislature. The measure's sponsor, State Representative Randy Terrill, says the bill has four main topical areas: it deals with identity theft; it terminates public assistance benefits to illegal; it empowers state and local police to enforce federal immigration laws; and it punishes employers who knowingly hire illegal aliens.

Oklahoma is no longer "O.K." for illegal aliens, Terrill observes. "When you put everything together in context," he contends, "the bottom line is illegal aliens will not come here if there are no jobs waiting for them, they will not stay here if there is no government subsidy, and they certainly won't stay here if they know that if they ever encounter our state and local law enforcement officers, they will be physically detained until they're deported. And that's exactly what House Bill 1804 does."

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 14   End
User Details are only visible to members.
wages paid to the illegals here are the same paid anyone doing what they do.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Of course, but why do you say that is the left? Business owners are the ones who want the labor and amnesity. That is Bush's plan

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(527 posts)
Is it the left that is saying the jobs won't be done by Americans or is it the conservative business owner who hires and them at ridiculous wages and claims he has to because he can't find anyone else?

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(527 posts)
Now do it all over, take away federal funding to cities or states that allow sanctuary cities and not follow the laws.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Debjack - Acknowledged.

Fairfield CA
Username hidden
(575 posts)
I am going to shock all - but this issue has been around since the early 90's. Much was said then and more of the same continues. Legislation was passed, governor's signed declarations, people took matters personally, and ballot measures were passed. Still, the same of the same.

I would not get hopes high. The INS is totally dysfunctional. Politicians are afraid of alienating sympathizers. Until this country (specifically, the federal level) decides to hold other countries accountable and financially responsible, we will continue to have an illegal immigration problem. I know the battle all too well - it's sad that what seems like common sense and a practical solution to a problem that's clearly evident, we don't have the wherewithal to remedy it.

Fairfield CA
Username hidden
(575 posts)
I agree it is a start.

IMHO, the penalties on employers should be zero tolerance. If we find one illegal on your payroll, you lose your business. You have an illegal cleaning your house, you lose your house.

Take away the demand side and the supply side will take care of itself.

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
tbr whatever it is there is more being done than in the land of the fruits and nuts.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Well, I just made a cursory scan of the bill language, and it doesn't seem to me like it is the panacea that it is being portrayed.

For one, the penalties are pretty mild. $1,000 and a year in jail for transporting illegals. Not much.

Every employer has to sign up for SSN verification, but I didn't see monetary penalties for not running all of your employees through the system. There is a provision that employers have to pay the state income tax, even if they are paying under the table. Well, duh.

Don't have time right now, but will try to look a bit closer after I get back.

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
Any one need a job? LOL OK is one state I buy this from. Backbone state And watch out I smell supreme court involvement

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 14   End
TOPIC: GO OKLAHOMA !!