Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › French Senate Passes Full Islamic Veils Ban
TOPIC: French_Senate_Passes_Full_Islamic_Veils_Ban
Created by: Seduction4Two The original post for this thread was deleted.
1  2  Next »
1 to 10 of 15
User Details are only visible to members.
"What about looking at it from the other side. Personally I find it extremely offensive that Muslim countries require non Muslim women to "cover" while in their country. If they can set those rules so should the French. "

IT IS RIGHT IN THE MONEY.

Romeoville IL
Username hidden
(6 posts)
About mislims - This is all an "in your face " action from a group of people who have zero respect for other faiths and selectively use their "faith" when it suits them

Amen to that, when will Americans wake up?

Hendersonville TN
Username hidden
(1188 posts)
Fun, I'll have to search back old laws, but I believe some states at one time had laws making carrying firearms and a wearing a mask illegal and could be shot on the spot. Not sure but I do not think those laws still exist.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
Those who see it as a significant part of their religion and desire to remain that true to Islam should take a look at the countries that they have elected to move to. They claim to want to live as their tradition dictates, but elect to leave their traditional home countries and move to country full of non believers for economic reasons. Therefore, Islam is the so damn important to them. My favorite is the ones who want to wear a veil for their drivers license, but to the strict Islamics, women cannot drive a car !!! This is all an "in your face " action from a group of people who have zero respect for other faiths and selectively use their "faith" when it suits them. Polygamy was a significant part of the Mormon faith, but the USA banned the practice. Wearing a costume in public that hides your face is a far greater threat than having 2 wives.

Mentone AL
Username hidden
(2283 posts)
Why are the French not addressing the issue of Muslim women wearing tube socks? Just curious.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
"What about looking at it from the other side. Personally I find it extremely offensive that Muslim countries require non Muslim women to "cover" while in their country. If they can set those rules so should the French. "

lol!

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(19581 posts)
"I am not entirely sure how I feel about this. My gut feeling is the French are wrong and that it will cause unnecessary violence and divide more then unite."

What about looking at it from the other side. Personally I find it extremely offensive that Muslim countries require non Muslim women to "cover" while in their country. If they can set those rules so should the French.

Cape Coral FL
Username hidden
(4564 posts)
"The burkkah/najib has no religious significance of any kind, in fact, it's not mentioned in the Koran at all. This so called *Shmata* is about female oppression more than anything." ------------------------------------------- M,

You and I can agree on that, but to many Muslims it is religiously significant. I concur that no where in the Qu'ran is it mentioned with the exception of "modest dress" comments.

However, neither you or I are Muslim and IMO government forcing or dictating that they cannot to wear it in public instead of educating the female Muslim community on a women's right to choose to wear or not wear it is just as offensive to me.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
hmmmm.....

I am not entirely sure how I feel about this. My gut feeling is the French are wrong and that it will cause unnecessary violence and divide more then unite. For licensing and driving I concur the head scarf should not by worn for traffic safety reasons. However, publicly banning something that is not only personally religious but culturally significant to individuals just does not sit well with me.

On the point of security I still fall back on the quote believed to originate from Benjamin Franklin that goes something like this: "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Just my thoughts and opinion.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
forgive my Net lingo ignorance Milf... what is ltof?

Port Saint Lucie FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
1  2  Next »
1 to 10 of 15
TOPIC: French Senate Passes Full Islamic Veils Ban
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.