Free at last : Swingers Discussion 228212
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsFree at last
TOPIC: Free at last
Created by: perfectmatch69
Original Starting post for this thread:
youtube dot com/embed/n_YQ8560E1w?autoplay=1

Watch it. Please

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
 1 to 10 of 67   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Has it occurred to any one that none of us are free?

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
I didn't bring him up. YLM did.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19179 posts)
"If you're referring to Bill Cosby's "Pound Cake" speech (and some of his other speeches of similar tone), it's been brought up before."

Bill Cosby is one of our leaders? I thought he was an old comedian. I suppose Eddie Murphy is a black leader too.

The Nation Of Islam hasn't been relevant in years. Especially since Louis Farakhan has been demonized since he rise to prominence.

There hasn't been a so-called "Black Leader" in America for over fifty years. Mayors, governors, celebrities and athletes don't count...

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2681 posts)
It is so easy to dismiss what needed to be done in the beginning when the job is 3/4 of the way complete, and to think it is no longer necessary to be vigilant, but the FACT is were it not for those who DEMANDED equality, all the hard work and ethics in the world would not get African Americans past cleaning offices and mopping floors today, and if anyone forgets that, they could be back there is a decade. Fuck these tap dancing cow towing uncle and Auntie Tom cracker ass kissers, were in not for people of ALL colors fighting for equality for the past 50 years, no one would ever know their names, and Uncle Tom Thomas would be cleaning toilets at the supreme court, rather than sitting on the bench.

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3842 posts)
Fun_Ahoy Him: Straight ,50 "Posting in the Political Forum is prima facie evidence of my own stoopidity."

--Me Madison MS Report to Moderator 23 Days View Fun_Ahoy's posts (9314 post)

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16848 posts)
A mine is a terrible thing to waste.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10839 posts)
Bill Cosby and the Nation of Islam have almost ZERO chance of getting a message across to those who need it.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16848 posts)
He received a lot of applause but also vitriol for his remarks, from the black and white communities.

I'll say his message is in line with the Nation of Islam message insofar as that self-reliance and succeeding in spite of the challenges you face is ultimately your ticket. Basically (and I appreciate that this is a gross oversimplification), the black community's problems come from two sources - the white community and the black community. While the ones coming from the white community are lessening (although they are still significant), the ones coming from within the black community are worsening.

It's certainly not fair that anyone has to be the best just to prove they're "OK". But if it's done consistently, hearts can be won. Perhaps it's naive of me to say that, but I believe it.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19179 posts)
"If you're referring to Bill Cosby's "Pound Cake" speech (and some of his other speeches of similar tone), it's been brought up before." ---

Thats exactly to what I was referring to. In addition to thousands and thousands of people agree with his speech, the concept of self-reliance, self discipline, and independence from an obvious corrupt system has been the core philosophy of the Nation of Islam for decades. The idea that we must exceed, and be superior in every quantifiable way, to enjoy achievements in spite of the corrupt system. The only way anyone is not aware of that is deliberate ignorance, or denial.

Emeryville CA
Username hidden
(12206 posts)
"Whatever. You can say you're right all you like. It changes nothing. Nurse Ratchett has some meds for you - they'll make it all better."

I'll ask her to give me the ones you take....

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2681 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
 1 to 10 of 67   End
TOPIC: Free at last