Fox News Has A Right Wing Bias : Swingers Discussion 2166551011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsFox News Has A Right Wing Bias
TOPIC: Fox News Has A Right Wing Bias
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 24   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I think Fox has pretty good hard news. They cover things you won't see on any of the MSM broadcasts. The Opinion shows are Right, but they don't try to hide it. They also do a far better job of presenting the other side than any MSM outlet.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17115 posts)
jack:

There doesn't need to be government controls over these entertainment channels. We simply need real news channels which report the news. Example.

"Today in (insert location) Three rebels detonated an IED killing six and destroying two vehicles."

"Today in (insert location) Mr. So and so had been found murdered and dumped in the back alley of (insert more specific location).

"Today, the mayor of (insert) has issued new spending bills."

No commentary, no philosophical debate about if it is or isn't right that something happened.

While Anderson may go to some third world countries... embedded with our troops. He isn't taken into a battle, he is taken to where it is safer and will almost never see how the terrorist will use women and children as human shields as they shoot our people, detonate IED's, or use any means of acting wounded, pull a pin on a grenade and then try to kill our soldiers as they pass.

He and no other other reporter holds any grounds to bitch about how war is fought.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7580 posts)
Fox isn't all right biased. Juan Williams goes to the left quite often. At least he is given quarter and allowed to talk without be talked over. MSNBC is the most politicized channel, leaning far left as the DNC. How unopinionated do you think Bloomberg's news group is? Do you think he has no agenda???

Maybe all news should be just that... news, with no comment, no interpretation. Let the viewer or reader come up with their own conclusion.

Maybe we need some reasonable controls... you know; meet in the middle on this first amendment thing (after all; it's so out dated) How about on any TV station, when they are giving anything other than facts, they have to have a block flashing on the corner of the screen that says, "Opinion." For the printed news, they could just highlight opinion in... yellow... yeah, I like that.

If this opinion stuff keeps getting out of hand, maybe there should be a federal waiting period of say 10 days. That would cool-off the more opinionated reporters. Sure, make them wait ten days before giving an opinion on a news event. That way the public can digest the real facts first. Isn't that reasonable? And then there should be a 15 sentence maximum capacity of opinion per reporter, and/or per subject. Nobody needs more than 15 sentences to get their point across (except maybe me! But that doesn't matter because I am correct and more important...) Oh yeah and in NY, that sentence capacity should be further limited to seven.

I hope you all get a laugh out of the above.

Mr. JM

Greenville SC
Username hidden
(363 posts)
CNN= Fake objectivity. MSNBC= Everyone is a liberal. Fox= Not even trying to be objective.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7580 posts)
Actually, I think Fox's hard news reporting is as, if not more, objective than most of its competitors.

All of the talking heads on the Fox opinion shows make their political leanings well-known, and obviously the right wing positions are weighted more heavily than any others.

Amherst Canada
Username hidden
(2373 posts)
"Fox is a 24 hour non stop misinformation, propaganda and right wing infomercial with ZERO credibility"

Fox pretty much proved this during their debacle of election coverage last year, no acknowledgement needed....

As a side note: I've noticed a huge falloff of FOX on 'public' sets, like in hospitals, doctors offices and car dealership waiting rooms. Might this be showing up in the ratings soon?

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3613 posts)
Not good enough Corkey...Fox does not just have a right bias, Fox is a 24 hour non stop misinformation, propaganda and right wing infomercial with ZERO credibility Acknowledge that, and we're good

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
I could care less if Fox maintains a right wing bias, if that bothers you why do you watch it. Seems stupid to me, but then most liberals IMO are stupid.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19417 posts)
Fjp, do you feel better now labeling Liberalism a "mental disorder"? Most news is presented with an agenda. Up to the viewer to determine the truth. Believe it is well established Fox mainatains a right wing bias.

State College PA
Username hidden
(82 posts)
If it bothers you then don't watch. I am amazed at how simple solutions are made so complicated by dumb liberals. I don't watch it, other than snippets just the same as snippets I get from other news sources. Such as Russian news, BBC, Aljazeera, or other sources that give a wider variety of perspectives. I hear more about Fox from left wing nut jobs than conservatives. The same goes for Rush, Glen, or any of the other far right wing commentators.

There is no doubt, liberalism is a mental disorder.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19417 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 24   End
TOPIC: Fox News Has A Right Wing Bias