Firestorm in CA : Swingers Discussion 898071041
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsFirestorm in CA
TOPIC: Firestorm in CA
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   41 to 48 of 48 
User Details are only visible to members.
the people of NO had a shit load of school buses and that dumb ass mayor insisted on grey hounds cause the school buses weren't good enough.

Granted they still couldn't have gotten everyone out. but they could've got alot out. Simple answer to this is to NOT depend on the govt to protect you. Take care of yourself.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
As I read it, you are comparing the population of one disaster with the population of another. IMHO, the comparison is not valid.

Rancho Santa Fe is the highest income area in the country. All of the other areas solidly middle class. Of course they have more resources than the people of NO.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17378 posts)
Hell, here in florida we still have blue tarps on rooves from francis and jean.

"i got blown by francis, jean and wilma and I survived".

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
"and not settling with the insurers doesn't mean a settlement hasnt' been offered it means they havent' accepted it and are pursuing court remedies or arbitration."

Correct. Just a comment on how long it takes sometimes.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17378 posts)
and not settling with the insurers doesn't mean a settlement hasnt' been offered it means they havent' accepted it and are pursuing court remedies or arbitration.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
Well, I figured that would come up some time.

First, the comment about insurance. Some of the areas burning burned 4 years ago this week. There are a significant number of people who have not settled with, or have not finished construction on homes burned in the first fire.

Second, California is highly mobile. Almost everyone has a car. It is very difficult to live in most cities in California without a car. So people, even very poor people, can get out of harms way much quicker.

Third, you don't have poor people in the affected areas like you had them in NO. These fires have gone through some of the most affluent areas in San Diego County. Rancho Santa Fe has the most expensive real estate in the county. Del Mar, million dollar homes. Poway is where most of the pro athletes live. These people have the means to leave, and don't need government help.

Fourth, in most cases, people don't need to go that far to be safe. I am six miles, more or less, from the fire lines, and am perfectly safe, unless the whole thing collapses.

So, in summary, while it may look superficially similar, in fact it is much different.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17378 posts)
The court system in this country is a joke. The insurance racket takes your money and hires a gaggle of lawyers with it. They're perfectly happy to take your money hand over fist for decades until you have a catastrophe, then you've got to go to court and put your livelihood in the hands of corrupt judges?

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
California is the most liberal state in the union. I'm sure you'll hear a huge outcry though when the insurance companies refuse to pay up.

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   41 to 48 of 48 
TOPIC: Firestorm in CA