Firestorm in CA : Swingers Discussion 898071031
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsFirestorm in CA
TOPIC: Firestorm in CA
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   31 to 40 of 48   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"However, I have heard and read reports for a couple of years now that controlled burns such as we do here in florida have been blocked by tree huggers (environmentalists) in CA for years."

We have having controlled burn here for years. I don't know where you are getting your information, but for San Diego county, it is incorrect.

Lakeside CA

Username hidden
(17239 posts)
Their role was really limited. Efforts were made to create pathways to fight fires. The "tree huggers" were sidelined because of the preponderance of evidence that the concentration of trees created a fire hazard that would have caused an environmental crisis which would have affected the quality of air. From this it goes on to the impact of wildlife.

Fairfield CA

Username hidden
(575 posts)
Show some sympathy guys. There's nothing wrong with being compassionate about a family losing their homes.

California is loaded with trees and greenery. You have your balance of "tree huggers" and "I don't give a hootenanny about the environment". Nonetheless, there are families who have lost everything. I happened to know of one.

The environmentalist (the section called "tree huggers") have been kept at bay for awhile. Their focus now is on "going green". What I'm saying is that with or without the "tree huggers" nothing would have prevented this from happening.

Fairfield CA

Username hidden
(575 posts)
and rather the time and post don't ever make mistakes?? yep lib's do it too...lol

Destin FL

Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Yes it is the homeowners and lawmakers fault...no doubt about that. 40% of the home burned had fires started from sparks on the roof...the percentage will go higher once all the reporting is in. Can you say Tile roof, it will not burn. The solution is for the insurance industry to deny coverage unless the laws are changed and codes met to prevent the fires. Just what they have done in FL for hurricanes. Not fool proof but certainly limits the damage.

Destin FL

Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Actually, there are city and county ordinances regarding clear space around homes. I don't know the specifics, but I believe it is at least 30 feet.

Destin, I find it difficult to believe you have lived as long as you have being that almost everything you say is wrong. Unless you have seen one of these fires up close, you have no idea of the destructive power.

Lakeside CA

Username hidden
(17239 posts)
I do know a tile roof and brick/rock siding with steel studs will not burn from the inside out unless you have trees on top and too close to the house, if you have a proper clear space and water management(sprinkler for the yard as well as toward the house). They have shown many home is the area that are properly done, they have not burned and the Fire officials have applauded them. Since they burn up homes every year in CA, seems to me people are stupid for not protecting themselves OR making better codes and laws.

Destin FL

Username hidden
(14562 posts)
i'm more of an east coaster. But believe me you're not shackled with any more HOA rules than there are in florida. I thought florida was the only place in the world that had nazi's for hoa presidents.

Lake Worth FL

Username hidden
(7207 posts)
May I suggest a tile roof and fire resistant siding? Like brick, rock or composite? Seems most of the home would have been saved if that had been a building code.

Destin FL

Username hidden
(14562 posts)
I get your point, I just disagree with your central premise.

Lakeside CA

Username hidden
(17239 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   31 to 40 of 48   End
TOPIC: Firestorm in CA