Firestorm in CA : Swingers Discussion 898071021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsFirestorm in CA
TOPIC: Firestorm in CA
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   21 to 30 of 48   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Sorry Scotty but there are wild croc's in Fl, they evidently were released pets and so many have been found they think no there is a breeding population...what next?

Conservation efforts in the swamps of South Florida have proven so successful for the American crocodile, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is considering down-listing the species’ classification from endangered to threatened.

The reptile, whose territory extends from its northernmost home of South Florida to Peru, earned its endangered species status from both U.S. and international agencies when hunting and habitat losses caused its population to plummet to less than 400 individuals just three decades ago.

Hunting restrictions and habitat reclamation have helped replenish the dwindling population to 1000.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
destin,

I say that stuff on the palm beach news last year. Made right here in boca raton (mouth of the rat).

I feel bad for the peoples homes that burned. I don't know that there are alot of codes that would keep a house from burning down when a fire that big comes through. But if it is a window breaking out or melting... well my house which went through wilma with 190 dollars of damage has hurricane glass. will stop a telephone pole traveling at 140mph. Seems we could make something that wouldn't melt and would stop fire getting in.

But i'm not an engineer.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
there are no crocodiles in florida except in zoos.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
What makes me so mad about the hurricanes is that a company has developed a material to seed them that would diminish their growth. It would take a 10 plane fleet and the ability to manufacture this natural material in quantity. It seems to me that would pay for itself every time but it has not been done.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Yeah we could use the trillions of tax dollars stolen from homeowners and spent on a government that can't properly protect its people from the impending doom of natural disasters to allow them to build fire-resistant housing.

What gets me is how those people out there are so unprepared for these fires. It seems like ever time you turn on the news the place is burning to the ground. Then they re-build and wait for next years fires. Cut the damned trees down at least in the vicinity of the homes for cripes sake.

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
I do feel bad for those losing their property but just a codes here in hurricane country get tougher so should theirs. For new construction, renovations and add on you need to follow the new codes. Many have had a company come in and upgrade older construction. Tile roofs will not burn and that would have saved many of these home where the fire was started by a spark on the roof...That is from the Ca officials themselves! They also showed a sprinkler system outside to wet the house down...inside sprinkler systems would aide also.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
California isn't the most liberal state? Whodda thunk it! It sure has the rest of the country fooled then. We call it "the Left coast" for a reason. Most of those hippies, enviro-terrorist, anti-gun, free love pot smoking thrift store clothe-wearing same sex marriage Nacy Pelosi wannabes couldn't make it fifteen minutes in a truly conservative part of the country, like South Carolina or Georgia. Ya ain't from around here, are ya boy? We eat leftists for lunch (or as they say in the communist republic of Kalifornia: ""brunch") out here. The only Repubs they'll ever elect out there are the Governator and that Bed Time for Bonzo nitwit.

And speaking of leftists, I just read a report that said Dubya adminstration is the biggest spender since LBJ!

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
"Since they burn up homes every year in CA, seems to me people are stupid for not protecting themselves OR making better codes and laws."

Gheeeeesh man, Destin, have some compassion.

You live right in the heart of Hurricane country. Is your house built to hurricane specs? I know that many of the Islands require it by law. Hip roofs, specific roof angles, no overhangs, concrete walls, steel storm shutters. I would feel badly for you if you were in a real slammer. My first thought would not be about your intelligence index and why you chose to live in the state of Hurricanes and crocodiles.

Do you think all the folks living North of you are "stupid" for dealing with freezing winters, or living to far south of you for baking in hotter equatorial climates?

If we had another hurricane here like in 36' I'd loose my house, not because I'm stupid but because I can only afford what I have.

WOW

Grantham NH
Username hidden
(1470 posts)
JNM the rumor of Al-Queda being involved is not that far fetched. I was watching the reports of one arsonist being shot and the hunt for another. My first thoughts were of the "earth first" nuts (as this sort of behavior is right up their alley)

Grantham NH
Username hidden
(1470 posts)
I just heard in the news that it may have been arson - perhaps from a current fireman or ex-fireman. They found three hot spots. I also heard that a man was shot running from a recent start of a fire. And another one was arrested while starting a fire. Areas of incidence is unknown to me yet, but I believe the last one was in the San Diego area.

All, too sad.

Fairfield CA
Username hidden
(575 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   21 to 30 of 48   End
TOPIC: Firestorm in CA