Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Fight against freedom of press
TOPIC: Fight against freedom of press
Created by: Seduction4Two
Original Starting post for this thread:
Chicago style political thuggery on display!

GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 23   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Hay, look. Sedu blocked me again. Why? Because he doesn't like accountability. He doesn't like the fact that the governments job is to keep what it deems secret, secret and root out those who would betray this secret.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7703 posts)
I find quite ironic that, leaks which keep the public informed require "very aggressive action" -- but crimes which decimate the economy, leaving millions without jobs aren't worth an investigation.

See, journalists, in order to deliver the news, in order to inform the public, must be free of direct or implied intimidation if we are to have a real functioning democracy. Yet, here is an example of correspondents, who cover the current administration being fully terrorized, by the government that they helped elect ;). I guess, sometimes, powerful people are uncomfortable at the prospect of free press. I find it quite laughable that the current administration is as guilty of zealotry as much if not more, than the Republicans whom they consistently accuse of such.

FYI the NYT reports that even the Bush administration didn't find it necessary to pursue journalists and truth-revealing Americans as fiercely as the Obama White House.

"Under President Obama, six current and former government officials have been indicted in leak-related cases so far, twice the number brought under ALL previous administrations COMBINED""."

This is quite alarming!

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17091 posts)
Sometime you DO have to take into account the messenger when hearing the message. In the case of the OP, this is one of those times. Perhaps she may want to take a look at the state of "Freedom of the press" in her most favored nation under the Likud regime, before she casts stones at the Obama/Holder justice department. There are people in Israeli prisons for expressing their opinions and publishing them

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3844 posts)
I just don't get how a thug like holder still has a job, it's just beyond my comprehension.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17091 posts)
A Zionist Jew talking about Freedom of the press is like a skinhead talking about integration.

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3844 posts)
Sedu:

"Oh I love it!

Did you get the latest? Thuggy Holder, apparently has signed off on heaven knows how many of these subpoenas, heck, "I'm not sure how many of those cases that I have actually signed off on"

Lovely, repulsive thugs!"

1) If those with access to classified material would stop releasing it, the government wouldn't have a need to track such traitors down.

2) You gave the government this power. What to know how? When 9/11 occurred, you reelected the republican party that gave us the patriot act.

The US which existed before 9/11 and the patriot act died that day.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7703 posts)
Oh I love it!

Did you get the latest? Thuggy Holder, apparently has signed off on heaven knows how many of these subpoenas, heck, "I'm not sure how many of those cases that I have actually signed off on"

Lovely, repulsive thugs!

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17091 posts)
Vacp:

"Ok maybe calling the chosen one a thug is to harsh. Lets just say Chicago style corruption."

And taking us to war in Iraq, when Bush knew that there wasn't any WMD's isn't corruption? Destroying a mans reputation, so that Chainny and Rumsfeld could make more money off of their defense department contracts isn't corruption?

How about destroying our military readiness? Bush did that with fighting two wars and not issuing a draft to man those wars.

All politiicans are corrupt, but given the level of corruption between when the Republicans or the democrats... I'll take the lesser of the two evils... The democrats.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7703 posts)
Ok maybe calling the chosen one a thug is to harsh. Lets just say Chicago style corruption.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
sedu:

"Lol! Ignoramus."

: an utterly ignorant person

Thug - a brutal ruffian or assassin

Show me where Obama has sent a or has personally been brutal or assassinated someone who opposed him on the political spectrum?

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7703 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 23   End
TOPIC: Fight against freedom of press