Fidel resigns : Swingers Discussion 98698
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsFidel resigns
TOPIC: Fidel resigns
Created by: tbrmskss
Original Starting post for this thread:
"Victory! Only 47 years after the Bay of Pigs, Fidel Castro has toppled from power. Or resigned to hand power to his brother. In any case, he's gone."

GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 21   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Desty I live on a 5 mile long island. I'm walking most of time anyway.

Unless I jump on the ferry (...fantasy stuff) and head for a weekend in old Havana. Dancing to that latin beat, drinking rum, catching some rays, having fun.

Key West FL
Username hidden
(2881 posts)
Yes we should be drilling 50 miles off the coast of Fl and Ca. or raise their gas prices to double that of states that allow drilling, same for those states that will not let us build refineries. Bottom line is we have all the oil we need but the greenies will not let us get it...I say bring on the $10 a gallon gas and make them scream till we drill.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Desty you big hippocrite. You want them to foul the beaches up near Destin and drill drill drill. Fact is they've been pumping oil off Cuba's southern coast for a couple of decades. Now they've discovered it on the north side.

Yeah its a big issue down here. Exxon and all the US companies are very much planning to participate --- as soon as we get rid of Bush and this rediculous embargo.

I worry about the storms. The whole oil field has about a 6 month supply of oil. It would take hundreds of years to restore the reefs and the fishing. Doesn't sound like the risk is worth it to me.

The ferry system will leave from Key West and take a 4 hour cruise to Havana Cuba -- once the embargo is lifted. Cuba will be the capital of the Carribean -- again. Its only a matter of when not "if".

Key West FL
Username hidden
(2881 posts)
Just kidding hello....And China venezuela and russia will be doing the drilling very scarey...There goes the neighborhood for you Island...sorry man I was hoping to do some fishing next year.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
He's baaaack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Run for your lives.....LOL :0)

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Destin the shame of that is. Is that oil fields are just that a reserve can stretch for miles. Some of that oil will be ours. Thanks to dems stopping responsible drilling we lose. The great Al Gore must be smiling!

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19241 posts)
Few Americans paid much attention last year when Cuban President Fidel Castro announced China would help explore potentially large oil reserves off Cuba's northwest coast - not far from the Florida Keys. But now - with gas prices climbing above $3 a gallon - the prospect of China drilling near the United States has become a hot political issue as two of the world's largest economies vie for new sources of energy.

Some members of Congress warn that China and other countries could lock up oil supplies at a time when U.S. companies are barred from doing business with Cuba because of a 43-year-old trade embargo.

"We sit here watching China exploit a valuable energy resource within eyesight of the U.S. coast,'' said. Sen. Larry Craig, an Idaho Republican.

"I think the American public would be shocked - as this country is trying to reduce dependence on Middle East oil - that countries like China are realizing this energy resource.''

But Sen. Bill Nelson of Florida, worried that a Cuban oil spill could hurt the state's environment and $50-billion tourism industry, wants to block drilling in Cuba's northern waters.

"Any oil spill 45 miles from Key West is going to absolutely devastate all those delicate coral reefs, the fragile Florida Keys, and would endanger pristine beaches all the way up to Fort Pierce,'' said Nelson, a Democrat.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
(Fortune Magazine) -- Sometime later this year, less than 70 miles from Florida, a consortium of Spanish, Indian and Norwegian companies will likely start drilling for oil. It could mark the beginning of a Cuban oil rush - one that American oil companies won't be able to join, despite their proximity to the action.

Good luck with that pristine coast

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Simbaxxx

Waterfront is cool thats the way I'd go, but Cuba is a 700 mile long island in the middle of the Caribbean with a beautiful mountain range and central valley like California, rocky coast lines, secluded beaches, an on and on.

We already have a ferry system set up in Key West to put your car on the ferry and take it to Havana. The roads in Cuba are very good -- they have very little traffic. The water and the reefs have not been subjected to heavy industrialization for the last 50 years and are near pristine. Woods Hole did a study of Cuba's coral reefs and they compare with Belize and the Great Barrier in the size and density.

They also have 7 deepwater ports for cargo and cruise ships. To top it off they have the largest collection of vintage 50's era American cars all with Soviet and eastern block engines and running gear.

Key West FL
Username hidden
(2881 posts)
I'll take some cheap ocean front property....eventually the doors will open...

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 21   End
TOPIC: Fidel resigns