Federal eavesdropping: keep it or lose it : Swingers Discussion 87514101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsFederal eavesdropping: keep it or lose it
TOPIC: Federal eavesdropping: keep it or lose it
Created by: decemberandmarch
Original Starting post for this thread:
What's your opinion on the federal government eavesdropping? Should we keep it or do away with it?

MY 100th POST!!!

GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 21   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Keep it.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Sens, I watched part of that same program, and yes, I believe it was CSpan. The NSA has been listening in on domestic calls for years. Their computers only pay attention if "key words" are used. This has been common knowledge since long before any federal eavesdropping or FISA was dreamed up. As much as I hate to say this, public airwaves are just that-public. I DO wish however, they would expand FISA and start using it the way it was meant to be used. S

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
What's upsetting is that organizations like the ACLU conjures up reasons to protect those willing and (worst) capable of killing innocent people.

Wouldn't it be nice if we sent them to Iraq, Iran or Syria and have them go at it with their government. For them it's the "principle", which is nonsense and trumped by the terrorist objective to destroy us.

Fairfield CA
Username hidden
(575 posts)
Good question. I think it's a necessary evil.

There are those that don't like it, as if they are worried about big brother. I've never kidded my self about one thing. IF the gov't cared about what you or I was doing they would do whatever they wanted legal or not.

I think it's naive to believe that any administration ever towed the line to the letter of the law.

Grantham NH
Username hidden
(1470 posts)
The princilpe should be to protect this Nation from further attacks!

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
the principle is that the govt should monitor overseas conversations from known terrorists states. I like the principle of being able to go to my office everyday and not worry about being blown up by angry 3rd world towel head mother fuckers.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
Yeah, the only place out of the country I communicate with regularly is the Philippines. And like the most of us, they would be completely bored with my conversations.

But it's the principle, damnit!!! ;-)

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
What Scotty just said is true, speaking your own made up language may stump them for a day or 2 though.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
tbr,

Unless you're recieveing alot of calls from Iran or syria the NSA doesn't give a rats ass about you. There is nothing you can purchase commerically that nsa or DIA can't break.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
good, easier to catch the bastard terrorists... come and listen to my calls, I don't care as I am not committing crimes.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 21   End
TOPIC: Federal eavesdropping: keep it or lose it