Fast food workers walk out demanding $15 an hour : Swingers Discussion 225726
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsFast food workers walk out demanding $15 an hour
TOPIC: Fast food workers walk out demanding $15 an hour
Created by: vabeachcouple33
Original Starting post for this thread:
I'm surprised nobody's brought this up yet.

A large number of workers at fast food places in 7 cities in the US walked off the job yesterday, demanding that their wages be increased to $15 an hour.

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 1 to 10 of 77   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Here is the ad from Craigslist and you're right it does sound to good to be true, but maybe the economy is getting better for a company to offer these kind of benefits.....

I represent several franchise groups that are seeking both Assistant and General Managers. I currently have open position in several different areas of the country.

Very competitive salaries based on experience.

Benefits vary based on the particular franchisee.

Some of the benefits being offered include: 100% paid health insurance for the entire family!!! Monthly and quarterly bonuses, up to $10,000 annually Paid cell phone Free housing, yes, FREE housing for the right person!! Assistance available towards purchasing a home. Relocation expenses are paid for by the employer in most cases.

Candidates must have a valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and be able to successfully pass a criminal background check to qualify. You should also have open availability to work any shifts or schedules.

Bilingual is a plus but not required

References will be checked.

For consideration, please forward your resume. Those who do not send a resume will not be considered. If you meet the minimum criteria I will be in touch within 24 hours.

If you are really interested I will send you the email address for you to send your resume.

Brick NJ
Username hidden
(1208 posts)
Rdy:

That actually sounds too good to be true, but I'll bit. What is the company that is offering this and what qualifications are they looking for?

Granted I am currently enrolled in college to become a sonographer.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7366 posts)
Hey Robert, are you looking for a new job. Here's one you can apply for and some of the company paid benefits.

Some of the benefits being offered include: 100% paid health insurance for the entire family!!! Monthly and quarterly bonuses, up to $10,000 annually Paid cell phone Free housing, yes, FREE housing for the right person!! Assistance available towards purchasing a home.

Relocation expenses are paid for by the employer in most cases.

Sounds like some great benefits for a General Manager. You might qualify with your educational background.

Brick NJ
Username hidden
(1208 posts)
Well I heard something went on last week, but I didn't witness any protests. This weekend I came across a news article about the demonstrations that took place here last week. It seems more than fast food workers are protesting.

The protest here that I initially heard about was apparently orchestrated by Centro de Trabajadores Unidos en la Lucha.

kstp. c om/news/stories/s3143782.shtml

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
"Our parents and our parents' parents were grateful for their jobs. ANY jobs"

THIS is a classic example of the cultural polarization in America. Being "Grateful" for ANY job is why nearly half this country lives in abject poverty and ignorance. Many people's Parents and parents parents fought corporate hired thugs with baseball bats for safe working conditions, a 40 hour work week, and at LEAST the minimum wage some are "grateful for" Make NO mistake, no one ever GAVE anyone a job, businesses fill positions kicking and screaming and make NO mistake, they do so at t5he lowest rate of salary and benefits they can and still get a qualified person. "Grateful" for a job? That quite literally makes me sick.

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3842 posts)
Can't tell you how much money I save by not eating out anymore. 7-10 USD spent at McDonald's or spend a little more at a grocery store and have a dinner for 3-5 days. Chicken patties, cheese, fries... Throw into oven and cook for 30 minutes and presto, three to five meals ready to eat.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7366 posts)
I am glad they walked off the job, at least for those few minutes the obesity rate dropped.

Lancaster NY
Username hidden
(22 posts)
Robeert, Don't buy Mobil Gas from a Mobil Station. I was paid $1.00 an hour at age 16. I had a job pumping gas and etc.

Thornton CO
Username hidden
(460 posts)
Dinner's pay $2.01 An hour, Robert I thought you would not support such cheap labor?

Mickey.

Rayne LA
Username hidden
(4882 posts)
$19.50 For a big Mac meal.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 1 to 10 of 77   End
TOPIC: Fast food workers walk out demanding $15 an hour