Far Right vs Middle Right (Rush v Arnold) : Swingers Discussion 75678
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsFar Right vs Middle Right (Rush v Arnold)
TOPIC: Far Right vs Middle Right (Rush v Arnold)
Created by: dzzyred
Original Starting post for this thread:
Recently, California Republican Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger called the conservative radio talk show host "irrelevant" on NBC's "Today" show. The comment was in response to Limbaugh's characterization of Schwarzenegger as a "closet liberal." "I'm not his servant," Schwarzenegger said Tuesday. "I'm the people's servant of California."

Wednesday, in a telephone interview on Limbaugh's radio show, Schwarzenegger was asked if he didn't "get a little flustered whenever they throw my name at you." Schwarzenegger stated "I pay very little attention if someone criticizes me or calls me, that I'm turning left, that I'm selling out or whatever," he said. "I have to stay focused on results."

Limbaugh asked, "Why are you selling out instead of being the true conservative you are?"

"I'm not selling out," the governor replied. "It's just doing work for the people. ... I can understand where you're coming from ideologically, but when I became governor, I became the people's governor."

Limbaugh countered that "conservatism is the best way to serve the people. Raising the minimum wage is not improving people's lives."

"But I have had hundreds of people come up to me and say it did improve their lives," Schwarzenegger responded.

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
User Details are only visible to members.
A conservative is a conservative. There are certain values that guide you in your daily life and outlook on life. I really do not see a middle of the road conservative. Rush is a conservative and expound conservative values. I find him to be very credible.Futhermore there is NO conflict between Rush and Arnold. The both of them spoke yesterday on Rush's show and made fun of the liberal media at their attempt to put something where there is nothing.

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
well the comment that "if he were a true conservative" brings me back to the question of whether there really a middle right?

i have heard Senator Arlen Spector called a jack ass, Sent Sununuu (sp?) called weak minded and other elected republicans who are middle leaning bashed.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Well then I apologize, but Rush has stuck his foot in his mouth on more than one occasion, although he does make some good points, I just don't care for him much. He's too stereotypical to really have any credibility as a political analyst, I tend to watch people who I consider to be for the most part politically independent. That being said I think Arnold is right to govern from the Middle, it's California not Montana. He made a promise to voters to represent all Californians and I think he is doing the best job he knows how to do in order to live up to that promise. Of course I'm not a Californian so I really wouldn't know for sure.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
i wasn't really "saying" anything but rather was echoing Rush's comment that Governor Schwartz. was a "closet liberal"....

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
of course there is........there is such a thing as a moderate liberal isn't there? That almost sounds like you are saying that republicans must be robot conservatives or else they are really liberal. I thought areas of gray were part of the progressive belief system........

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
is there such a thing as middle right or is that really a liberal in disguise?

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Recently, California Republican Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger called the conservative radio talk show host "irrelevant" on NBC's "Today" show. The comment was in response to Limbaugh's characterization of Schwarzenegger as a "closet liberal." "I'm not his servant," Schwarzenegger said Tuesday. "I'm the people's servant of California."

Wednesday, in a telephone interview on Limbaugh's radio show, Schwarzenegger was asked if he didn't "get a little flustered whenever they throw my name at you." Schwarzenegger stated "I pay very little attention if someone criticizes me or calls me, that I'm turning left, that I'm selling out or whatever," he said. "I have to stay focused on results."

Limbaugh asked, "Why are you selling out instead of being the true conservative you are?"

"I'm not selling out," the governor replied. "It's just doing work for the people. ... I can understand where you're coming from ideologically, but when I became governor, I became the people's governor."

Limbaugh countered that "conservatism is the best way to serve the people. Raising the minimum wage is not improving people's lives."

"But I have had hundreds of people come up to me and say it did improve their lives," Schwarzenegger responded.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
TOPIC: Far Right vs Middle Right (Rush v Arnold)