Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Fact checking the 3rd Prez Debate
TOPIC: Fact checking the 3rd Prez Debate
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   61 to 70 of 86   End
User Details are only visible to members.
American administrations that hope to control the world with fear are pursuing quite a different foreign policy, than those that are trying to raise hope.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
"I mostly agree. Except that GWB put boots on the ground in major, sustained combat operations abroad for the first time since Vietnam. Afghanistan was an understandable and defensible response to Sept. 11. Invading Iraq was an elective war. "

I agree, although I maintain virtually any President would have done the same thing in Afghanistan.

Iraq long term should be interesting as well. As oddly as the whole thing went, it may ultimately turn into a success, in a weird way.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20259 posts)
Mitt Romney now agrees that Obama has done almost all the right things. It takes Romney several years to come to these conclusions, and to assess the consequences. Obama has been making these decisions in real time, and has done them as right as could be hoped for.

Making the wrong decision, you've fucked up. Figuring out years later what you should have done, you are still fucked.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
"I don't think the Oval Office has had an occupant with a dramatically different foreign policy in decades."

I mostly agree. Except that GWB put boots on the ground in major, sustained combat operations abroad for the first time since Vietnam. Afghanistan was an understandable and defensible response to Sept. 11. Invading Iraq was an elective war.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
I don't think the Oval Office has had an occupant with a dramatically different foreign policy in decades. Each administration just tweaks the policies of the former one. Sometimes a small tweak makes a lot of noise, but really - they aren't all that different in their fundamentals. Thus, each candidate has little choice but to try to make big deals about the small differences.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20259 posts)
"I think Romney and Obama's positions on the matter were practically identical and they're bickering over words used to describe the same position. Utterly silly."

I have not had time to watch the entire debate but what I did see had Romney essentially parroting back what Obama said in a different order with a small to infinitesimal difference added for forms sake.

It seems that essentially what Mittens would do is pretty much the same as Obama except that he would wave his fists around and make tough statements, interspersed with completely different policies a few months later when the polls change or more people are paying attention.

I can't wait to see the rest of the debate tonight...

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3613 posts)
Who would like to bet that his two most used soundbites in the next week will be the 'pants on fire' comments?

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3613 posts)
Wait!

Didn't Bush do this with two wars and a prescription drug program?

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3613 posts)
re: Obama's claim that Romney's position on getting bin Laden was significantly different...

when Romney says he "wouldn't move Heaven and Earth" to get him - that's basically what it was with Obama too. Keep an eye and ear open for where he is, and if the opportunity arises to make the hit - do it.

A "move Heaven and Earth" attempt to get bin Laden would be to do a full-scale invasion of Pakistan and pull a dragnet through the whole country to find him. Neither Romney, Obama, or pretty much anyone else would do such a thing.

I think Romney and Obama's positions on the matter were practically identical and they're bickering over words used to describe the same position. Utterly silly.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20259 posts)
"It’s correct that Romney more than balanced the the Salt Lake Organizing Committee’s budget. But that doesn’t tell the whole story, since he helped secure at least $400 million — and possibly up to $1.5 billion — in government funding to make the Olympics function that is not included in the balance sheet he’s touting"

I wonder who Mittens will turn to for rescue if he becomes president?

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3613 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   61 to 70 of 86   End
TOPIC: Fact checking the 3rd Prez Debate