Fact checking the 3rd Prez Debate : Swingers Discussion 2105471041
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsFact checking the 3rd Prez Debate
TOPIC: Fact checking the 3rd Prez Debate
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   41 to 50 of 86   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"One can sit there and "Hope" all they like, but Hope accomplishes absolutely nothing. If anything, it works against you, because passive inaction allows your foes to work against you. "

The only thing necessary for evil to prevail is that good men do nothing.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17025 posts)
I am unable to see some of the idiots on this fora, so I am not certain whether this was brought up or not. But aren't bayonets still used by the military?

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16540 posts)
"Iraq long term should be interesting as well. As oddly as the whole thing went, it may ultimately turn into a success, in a weird way. "

I have been called a conservative and a reactionary for saying exactly this. Saddam Hussein was a very bad dude, and in command of the largest military force in the area. He is gone, and that is undeniably good.

I appreciate that it was a relatively "bad" American President, GW Bush, who undertook to behead Saddam Hussein. Now that we have a good President, we are on higher moral ground, and we can hopefully move on to more agreeable international endeavors.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
The Romney campaign is fearful of losing, but like the Republican Party of national elections Y2000 & Y2004 knows the value of owning the voting process.

Tagg Romney owns voting apparatus to be used in this national election. Election theft erases the ignominy of losing the election. Just like the Bush Crime Family Enterprises.

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(6992 posts)
"I mostly agree. Except that GWB put boots on the ground in major, sustained combat operations abroad for the first time since Vietnam. Afghanistan was an understandable and defensible response to Sept. 11. Invading Iraq was an elective war. "

lol...........the resolution passed the House by 297-133 and the Senate 77-23

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17025 posts)
Hopeful = Fearless Fearful = Hopeless

One is better than the other, always and forever.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
When we have a public that likes war, but doesn't like paying for it... Or Blind allegiance to Israel, let alone playing the good guy in action we undertake. (thus getting more of our soldiers killed or wounded in the war.) Of course we will never have a occupant of the oval office who's foreign policy is different than the last guy.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7484 posts)
The intelligence was not consideded rock solid at the time.

There was plenty of uncertainty.

You conveniently forget that the people in Iraq that were tasked with finding WMD wanted additional time, and the Bush administration refused.

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
"1st - "hope to control the world" - what you really mean is "aim" or "seek" to control the world. 2nd - "to raise hope"

This is the kind of hope I just addressed in my posting. The first "hope" is about action. The second is about inaction. " ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

There are 2 basic motivations -- Hope and Fear -- and all others are combinations and permutations of these.

You can raise Hope among those you deal with -- in relationships or in foreign relations -- or you can raise Fear.

You have correctly identified the right-winger's "hope" of creating fear, as a perversion of the concept.

You've missed the boat entirely on supposing that Obama's hope is based on "inaction". Ask Bin Laden about Obama's "inaction".

There is definitely such a thing as "action" leading to actual "hope". It's also known as constructive behavior, evolution, positive or affirmitive work, etc. Some of us know it as "what works".

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
The intelligence was considered rock solid even by such wackos as Kennedy who would rather drown an innocent campaign worker than shoot an enemy. Only after the fact was known that WMDs were not actually there did the left question the intelligence.

Tucson AZ
Username hidden
(4489 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   41 to 50 of 86   End
TOPIC: Fact checking the 3rd Prez Debate