Fact checking the 3rd Prez Debate : Swingers Discussion 2105471021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsFact checking the 3rd Prez Debate
TOPIC: Fact checking the 3rd Prez Debate
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   21 to 30 of 86   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Romney's vision for America has all the brainpower and heartfelt emotion of a carved-out Halloween pumpkin.

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(7036 posts)
Obama's plan: "I promise not to fuck it up anymore than I already have. Trust me!"

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19410 posts)
Obama, "I just need more time."

That is not an agenda.

White Hse Sta NJ
Username hidden
(4489 posts)
VA:

"I'm saying that spreading "Hope" without any specific plans for what one intends to do or how they intend to do it is just cheerleading. "

If what Obama has been spreading is without specifics... then what Romney has been spreading isn't even a paper napkin idea.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7576 posts)
I think we've misunderstood each other a little...

Optimism and good spirits are good things. Pessimism and fear are not good things. I'm not promoting fear or pessimism.

I'm saying that spreading "Hope" without any specific plans for what one intends to do or how they intend to do it is just cheerleading. It's like a motivational speaker, in the words of Lisa Simpson, "selling a bunch of easy answers".

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19802 posts)
I hope Obama is working on his presidential library in 3 months.

White Hse Sta NJ
Username hidden
(4489 posts)
So you don't equate Fear and Hopelessness, and you say Hope is a bad thing because it produces inaction?

If you have not Hope that your actions will bring success, why would you do anything?

If there's any connection between a motivation and a series of actions, it is that we are more apt to do something if we have high hopes for success.

You're throwing the baby out with the bathwater, and stepping into the wrong side of history here.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
It's not like "Hope" and "Fear" are the only two choices. Just simply walking around telling people to "Hope" doesn't do anything except possibly lull people into thinking that good things are just around the corner.

"Hope" in its pure form is, literally, "The belief or expectation that something wished for can or will happen."

"Hope" without action is simply wishing. It accomplishes nothing on its own.

"Hope" did not find and kill bin Laden. Plans, people, and actions did. Telling people to hope and then leaving them with no plans is pointless. Telling people to work to achieve their dreams is another thing entirely.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19802 posts)
".... ... Spreading "Hope" is spreading passive inaction. Encouraging those you are aligned with to sit and wait for things to happen to them, "hoping" they don't turn out too badly. "

VaBeach, I still wish you'd clarify. Are you saying this is the only possible definition of Hope: Passive Inaction?

If you aren't spreading hope, do you spread fear and hopelessness? Does this "work" in your business, in your family, in your community, or actually anywhere?

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
John McCain may have used a military-issue bayonet after crashing another Navy aircraft during the Vietnam era. His multiple crashes earned a reputation of being a bad pilot. His incarceration in Hanoi as a Navy admiral's son receiving special treatment earned him scorn from his military mates because of the obvious violation of Geneva Code Conduct. McCain was never charged with treason, and lives the life of a privileged son today.

McCain's comment supporting the failed foreign policy dictate of Willard Mitt Romney obviously derives from the mind of a brain-damaged, special-interest, war captive-disregarding, privileged son.

Mitt's sons should wear a McCain Halloween mask with blue bandages this season in support of their draft-dodging, military-avoiding daddy and their heritage as false religion missionaries.

Chicken hawks always look better in masks with blue-bandages. Jokers.

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(7036 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   21 to 30 of 86   End
TOPIC: Fact checking the 3rd Prez Debate