FIRST time EVER in my life, today, I am EMBARRASSED for America : Swingers Discussion 2205011011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsFIRST time EVER in my life, today, I am EMBARRASSED for America
TOPIC: FIRST time EVER in my life, today, I am EMBARRASSED for America
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Start   11 to 20 of 95   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Robert the reason I have the time now is I worked my ass off for about the first 15 years I worked. Got three skill sets that pay well and now I am able to enjoy life the last 10 years or so and still work but am on the higher skill level of m main job skills.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Robert...my Bro was a knock around kid from Brooklyn who got drafted, if he can pull himself together, anyone can. Sorry..don't mean to be non compassionate, but the Vietnam generation is a generation of cry babies, as seen in VFW and American legion bars at 2PM on Tuesdays, and at tea party rallies

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Party:

How veterans copes with PTSD and other problems which arise from war aren't determined by DNA, it is mostly nurture. Those who make something of themselves were raised better at a young age, made stronger minded than those who came home broken men.

As both one who went to war and one who is helping his father with his PTSD, I can tell you that it is a crap shoot. Unless you've been to war, namely bad wars. (all wars are bad, some are worst) you simply do not know how hard it is to even get up in the morning.

In my view, the vets who became biker gangs are men who lost something and couldn't learn to reenter normal society. They need companionship of brothers in arms, people they feel that they can trust, not people who sent them to war. (thus the gangs were mostly made of vets)

Like a group of young boys left to fend for themselves on an island, they feed off of eachothers uncontrolled rage and anger which always comes from war. (after all, war is primitive) this is why the biker gangs became outlaws. They couldn't fit in, they felt jaded by the society that sent them to war and then turned its back on them.

Unlike Vietnam, the veterans of today aren't being kicked in the balls and called baby killers. They are receiving more help to fit back into society and more of them do. The younger ones are at the very least doing a damned good job of trying.

This is however why many of these veterans are having "accidents" when they take their motor cycles onto the open road. Or more blunt, drinking a bottle of jack, smoking a ciggerit as they gaze into a photo of a younger self or their children... The pulling the trigger on their pistol which was pointed to their heads. (my fathers buried four suicides from the men he served with. This doesn't count the three who died in Iraq or those who have died in deployments after Iraq)

What likely helped your brother was that he left the military. I find this is highly important. Like a battered woman who leaves the abusive husband on the first offense, she is likely to not be as damaged by the ordeal.

The same likely applies to your brother, I know it was one of the important reasons I chose not to reenlist. Through self examination of my personality, I knew that staying would make me more angry, to seek out equally angry people.

The fact your brother became a fire fighter is likely to do with the fact he wanted to save lives rather than end them. It is atonement. It is what most veterans seek, but few ever find.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7589 posts)
Mark..My older Brother was in Vietnam. I watched my Mom wait every day for 11 months for the call telling her he was not coming home. As it happens he did make it home and for years he was not the same man as the one who had left. Fortunately he comes from good DNA and became a fire fighter and lives a pretty good life these days, unlike the poor saps who became biker trash or live in tents in forest preserves. haaaaaaay Brah,,,,can I bum a pack a squares till I get my VA check?" Said NO one in my family, ever

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Vacp:

You are also not the norm. You have chosen a lifestyle which resembles settler lifestyle... Likely why your views are very close to the tea partys. Either way, the way you've chosen to live wouldn't be factored into anything beyond being adnormal for someone paid as well as you claim to be.

Why? Because a society based only on the adnormal lifestyles are a society which is unstable. Further most people do not have the who abundance of time, energy or space to do as you do.

Take my best friend and prosecuted for the county. He lives in the city. He is paid less than 40k a year and spends 8-10 hours at work and another 2-4 catching up and ensuring that he will present the best case he can in every case assigned to him.

He rents a home. He cannot plant a guarden as the owners have an ideal apparence for the yard. To destroy this, so he may plant food would be destruction of private property. More over others might plant plants that are simply poisonious. There are small children in the neighborhood and open yards.

My friends wife works full time as a teacher for a technical school and part time as a music teacher... Just to match my friends income.

Even if either or both of them had the skills to plant and hunt for food, Where do either of them have the time?

Most people don't have your fortunate abundance of time. So we must use the typical person, someone working 8-12 hours a day/6 days a week and raising kids. (which my friend doesn't have kids... Yet)

When he will have kids, they will likely be raised as he was. School for 8 hours a day, 2 hours of homework, then his own assigned studies which will complament the ineffecemt school systems. (private or public).

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7589 posts)
How would you do that.I make a good wage over 65K a year. I don't spend a lot of money on food.We raise our own vegetables and herbs.We can or freeze them. We hunt and kill most of our own meat.We have older cars from 8 -19 years old. I do the work on them as that is what I do for a living.I cut my own wood for heat. So I put a lot of what we make in the bank.We don't spend a lot of money on travel or going out to eat.So how could you decide how to tax a company that tax if their employees are saving instead of spending???

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Vacp:

Or maybe we ought to make individualized taxes for employers profiting off of subsadized labor? If their employees are paid a wage which doesn't growths local economy, they (individual employers) are taxed for each employee who isn't paid a living wage.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7589 posts)
Robert,maybe we should turn over all companies to government control. That way it could make sure that the people are paid a living wage. Cause you know the government is ran so well.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Vacp:

"No I am including all the people with their hands out looking for free shit. I guess I should have made it more clear."

Oh you mean like employers with subsadized labor which forces the government to provide welfare to the public... Least there be more rebellion by the poor masses.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7589 posts)
pp: You were in elementary school the vast majority of the war in Vietnam. But lucky you. I guess in your mind you are lucky to have lived through it.

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Start   11 to 20 of 95   End
TOPIC: FIRST time EVER in my life, today, I am EMBARRASSED for America