FIRST time EVER in my life, today, I am EMBARRASSED for America : Swingers Discussion 220501
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsFIRST time EVER in my life, today, I am EMBARRASSED for America
TOPIC: FIRST time EVER in my life, today, I am EMBARRASSED for America
Created by: PartyPerks847
Original Starting post for this thread:
I have lived through The Vietnam War, Watergate, Iran-Contra, the 2000 election fiasco and countless mistakes and shameful shortcomings of our imperfect nation, but for the FIRST time EVER in my 54 years, today, I am EMBARRASSED for America For all those in the Senate who voted to support the murderer of Children, domestic terrorism, and fear and hate spread by the NRA cult....SHAME. None of you deserve the freedom you claim you wish to preserve, or for that matter the air you breath. WE THE PEOPLE spoke, you should have listened. Instead you spit in the face of 90% of America and pissed on the graves of 20 innocent children. You gave a pat on the back and validated those who this week attempted to murder the President, murdered people in Boston, and vaporized innocent people in Texas. Come 2014 and 2016 we will not forget. You think you bolstered your cause? You are wrong. You DAMNED your cause. The wrath of the people is terrible, and you will feel that soon, but Karma is worse, I dread your futures for you, no matter what form you believe Hell takes, you will be there, and you will in some way remember why. Happy damnation

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 95   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Robert, I fully understand that it is out of vogue, especially in my progressive and liberal circles to claim anything happens without environmental and economic factors being the primary cause. Problem is, my 54 years on planet earth has proven to me that this is a flawed philosophy. remember, I did say a "combination of nature and nurture" At the risk of sounding parochial, you can raise a blond haired blue eyed white kid in a black neighborhood, and chances are, he still can't jump. You can raise a black kid i n a home with an Olympic sized pool, and chances are he will never be a great swimmer. My Swiss wife has attempted to recreate my Sunday gravy (Tomatoe sause to you non Italians) I learned from my paternal grandfather and uses the exact recipe. It's good, but it's not mine. Nature over nurture doesn't always mean mean some people are "better" than others, sometimes it just means we are different

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3841 posts)
Party:

That is nurture.

Nature can only be tested if you were to take a person from one environment (at birth) and put them into another alien environment. This test subject can never know their place of origions.

While it sounds like you cannot test either nature or nurture, nurture can be seen with how people from other cultures over time mimic the culture if the locals.

Case in point. You take a educated individual from the third world where they are forced to work like a dog to find scraps and put them into the US, they are more likely to become successful. Why? Are they smarter? No, their use to being treated as a dog and will work that much harder.

This is why most advance cultures dislike new arrivals who are willing to work for less. Those who have been here have worked to raise the standard of living, only to see that the employers found a new and willing servant to do the job for less.

This is why the republican businessmen want to keep illegals illegal. They tell the republican drone that their jobs will be taken and the standard of living reduced (which is true to a point) and the ployer doesn't want to pay minimum wage to a new citizen who he paid 2-4 USD to last week.

Notice how the same republican employers who have illegals are against minimum wage.

You can argue that your heritage has some kind of DNA which has made your brain work in a differen manner, but that is a very weak argument. More so when you have a wide spread of DNA to account for all across Europe.

Now as for the tech level development. You need to study history and how both war and trade routes have always driven technological development.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7363 posts)
Robert...you may disagree...but I happen to believe in a combination of nature and nurture Forgive me if I sound ethnically egotistical, but my people had a working collective agricultural system complete with irrigation, not to mention libraries and Universities, while the rest of Europe was gathering nuts and living in caves and mud huts. We fought off the Moors, the Greeks, the Romans, Carthage and the Vikings, and never lost our homogeneous culture, and actually kept what we liked from our frustrated invaders. We Sicilian folks are nothing if not resiliant

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3841 posts)
TBRM, what was the bet ?

Dyer IN
Username hidden
(450 posts)
Vacpl, I said they voted for a dem. you showed you true colors and said blacks voted against Romney cause he was white .then you when on to say they vote dem because reps won't give them free stuff. It's no wonder you don't have the balls to admit it seeing how you don't have the balls to go anywhere without a gun.

Dyer IN
Username hidden
(450 posts)
Party:

It has nothing to do with DNA. To think your DNA has had anything to do with it is egotistical at best.

As for what your brother did, it sounds like it worked for him and it is the general play book for survivors of traumatic experiences.

As for entitlements, or the feeling of entitlement... Yeah, our veterans are entitled to a lot. Personally

1) I say all veterans (namely combat vets) ought to have free community college for life, so to find something that can motivate them out of their runt.

2) free counciling without fear if being labeled mentally danaged. (this is availbe to me, but I don't like the petty men attitude of the Vietnam era counciler there)

3) And low costing health insurance.

Do I want free money? Nope. Give men am edication in a field which treats its workers as men and not dogs and I'll go fishing for my own food.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7363 posts)
TBRMSKSS, thanks for the info. that explains a lot.

Dyer IN
Username hidden
(450 posts)
Vacp:

You were a man living in a first world nation, you chose to work and side with people who treated you like a surif or someone unfit to have a voice. You kissed the hand which beat you. That was your choice and why you number so few, you were weak, but fortunate to actually make it. You ignored everyone else who tried to kiss the hand that beat and ignored the fact your master allowed those other men to become broken.

I demand better of any man making a business in a first world nation. I demand those who live any nation I defend to aspire to higher morals of protecting their weaker man from being broken by men who's hearts are filled with greed and to reject the idea that your life ought be defined by wealth and the health of you and your family determined by your wealth.

We are a nation of near limitless protential and it is wasted by weak men who would sooner drag everyone else down so to climb over them to kiss the golden ring of the master.

So I reject your ideals. They are petty, they serve nothing but you. They are no more developed than a lone wolf or opportunistic scavenger. If that is the lifestyle you want, then somilia is what this nation will turn into.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7363 posts)
Robert..in the most simple way I can explain it...he "snapped out of it" He didn't whine that he never got a ticker tape parade, he never wanted one. He didn't become unkempt, he didn't over medicate his stress, he didn't fly Black MIA-POW banners, because he was smart enough to know you cant account for dead people who were in places we never admitted we were, he didn't hang around those who wallowed in self pity and tell people "you weren't there man, you don't know" and all the other Vietnam era pity party catch phrases. Like I said, good DNA and good upbringing with no entitlement mentality. For all their faults, the WW2 and Korea generation came home and built cities, transit systems and the interstate highway system...Did some have PTSD? You bet....they worked through it

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3841 posts)
Party:

Oh I won't say that the generation which gave us the Vietnam war is anything but cry babies. (we are after all economically runined and they won't give up their freebies to pay for the damage they caused).

That said, the men in the VFW and Legion bars have earned the right to cry. Better that than becoming more mecvays.

As for your brother, did he hang out with his fellow veterans? Or did he keep going from war to fireman? If I were a gambeler, my money is on from the military to fireman... Or at the least something else...

He likely out ran the reach of the darkness which is war memories, filled the space between the war and his final career with doing something meaningful. Unless you've been to war, been broken by first our military training doctrine, the war and then returning to a nation which sees you as a nazi... It is almost impossible to understand what it is to be a war vet.

Like what the right demands of everyone, your brother is the exceptional few.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7363 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 95   End
TOPIC: FIRST time EVER in my life, today, I am EMBARRASSED for America