FEMA : Swingers Discussion 2118081011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsFEMA
TOPIC: FEMA
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   11 to 18 of 18 
User Details are only visible to members.
Lucky that is wrong, the media may claim so but FEMA hands out money for nothing. Bush I believe tried to put some controls on it, but it backfired on him, so he left it alone after that. Some people did get arrested here, for lying on forms and they still could, but I think it is rare.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19410 posts)
Arent these low rate loans and not give aways? When you get help from FEMA you have to return it this was my understanding. And the money can only be used to rebuild not to pay off outstanding Mortages. Am I right or wrong?

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
FEMA after the tornadoes gave everybody four hundred dollars for food, that was on top of the free EBT cards that the state passed out to anybody that asked. We lost nothing important, we asked for nothing.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19410 posts)
Sweet, I understand the sentiment of compassion, but money doesn't grow on trees!

My folks can just as easily apply for FEMA aid, but they choose not to. If you can afford a home that is 2MM dollars and it flooded, you should be able to repair it without depending on the government.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16794 posts)
But if you think about it logically, it makes zero sense. Take for example Manhattan Beach or various exclusive pockets on the Jersey Shore like Deal, Rumson (google the names to understand just how exclusive these areas are). They're getting FEMA aid. It boggles the mind. Here are these people with homes that cost millions upon millions. Made a choice to buy their property in a flood zone, get flooded, and they get monetary help from the government?!?!?! Help me understand this.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16794 posts)
When they asked me to come along I refused, and informed them they could go to jail.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19410 posts)
"where is this money coming from?"

Those evil rich people, that also donate large sums of money, and provide truckloads of relief. The rest of it comes from the printing presses.

When we lived in the Keys, people who could afford insurance did not buy it, because FEMA would cover it. I had a relative who suffered no damage, was not without power, lost nothing receive a five grand check, not only him but all of his friends who drove to the FEMA temp claims office on the Islamorada.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19410 posts)
A dark area for me. But now that MANY of my friends and some family have suffered catastrophic losses, I need to deal with the organization. I've filed some applications for friends who had no access to the internet (some still don't).

FEMA seems to be offering a lot of monetary help. Repairing and rebuilding private homes that have suffered damage due to the flood, at no cost to the home owner. Whatever their policy isn't covering, FEMA does.

I heard from a friend, her parents home on Manhattan Beach (a very exclusive, very very expensive neighborhood in Brooklyn, nestled between the Bay and the ocean) flooded, she said that her parents had 22K deposited into their checking account a few days ago courtesy of FEMA.

How exactly is FEMA existing? Are they the government organization that underwrites flood policies in mandatory flood coverage areas? What about those who have no flood, to whom they're providing aid, where is this money coming from?

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16794 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   11 to 18 of 18 
TOPIC: FEMA