FEMA : Swingers Discussion 211808
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsFEMA
TOPIC: FEMA
Created by: Seduction4Two
Original Starting post for this thread:
A dark area for me. But now that MANY of my friends and some family have suffered catastrophic losses, I need to deal with the organization. I've filed some applications for friends who had no access to the internet (some still don't).

FEMA seems to be offering a lot of monetary help. Repairing and rebuilding private homes that have suffered damage due to the flood, at no cost to the home owner. Whatever their policy isn't covering, FEMA does.

I heard from a friend, her parents home on Manhattan Beach (a very exclusive, very very expensive neighborhood in Brooklyn, nestled between the Bay and the ocean) flooded, she said that her parents had 22K deposited into their checking account a few days ago courtesy of FEMA.

How exactly is FEMA existing? Are they the government organization that underwrites flood policies in mandatory flood coverage areas? What about those who have no flood, to whom they're providing aid, where is this money coming from?

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 18   End
User Details are only visible to members.
They pay for accommodations while people are rebuilding, those that qualify.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16378 posts)
M, are they relocating victims if they ask? One of our girlfriends was a Katrina victim.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
It depends Lucky, FEMA hands out grants as well.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16378 posts)
Charles Darwin's 'The Origin of Species,' Chapter 5: Laws of Variation, is an interesting subject in relation to the survival of homo sapiens living near fragile coastline biomes and habitats.

Lesson 1: Effects of external conditions. This should be required reading for anyone whose house is built near a coastline.

Only climate-change deniers would avoid this lesson.

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(6819 posts)
One thing is certain. An American who lives near a coastline can trust his/her/their fate to the atmospheric disturbances, also known as 'hurricanes,' to fate or to an insurance company. No one is required to live near a coastline endangered by the storms of the Atlantic Sea or the Gulf of Mexico.

Citizens who disparage government assistance after a time of existential crisis will comprehend Federal Emergency Management Assistance, unless they have dedicated their lives to the Republican Party, who offer no assistance other than the god of their discredited morality.

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(6819 posts)
Sed,

MANY progressives believe exactly the same thing, that if you choose to build your multimillion dollar home in a major flood zone you should be able to rebuild it yourself. Perhaps if flood insurance was scaled to reflect this issue (meaning VERY expensive if you choose to build again) perhaps one rebuild but after that, move. It would make a lot of sense.

I would suggest that as you become experienced with FEMA NJOEM and Homeland Security that you agitate to have that changed. I can't imagine that your prodigious talents would not yield admirable results.

All it takes is one citizen deciding to make a difference.

Please dear this in mind as well. The money that is provided by FEMA benefits LOCAL businesses as well. This money is not just 'evaporated' out of the economy, it provides jobs, supports trade in goods and stimulates the economy of the disaster region far beyond the dollars provided.

That being said is there waste and could FEMA be improved? Damn straight!

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3528 posts)
You can begin here.

w w w.fema.g ov/library/irlSearch.do;jsessionid=1C8466EFAA6E23DE75CE0DC777DCD113.Worker2Library

everything FEMA in a searchable database.

FEMA is funded through Homeland Security.

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3528 posts)
Also one of the things they did after Katrina that I have not heard about now, is relocating the victims if they wish across the country. We have many permanent residents here from Katrina. The doctor who saved me when I had a heart attack was a Katrina transplant.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
I don't remember hearing of any trailers this time. But they did bring them after Floyd came through.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
I did have a friend who got one of those low interest loans to rebuild a home he bought for pittance after Andrew. He never paid it back, he made over 50 grand on the resale of the house.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 18   End
TOPIC: FEMA