Exxon Shatters Profit Records! : Swingers Discussion 97148
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsExxon Shatters Profit Records!
TOPIC: Exxon Shatters Profit Records!
Created by: Vegascplxxx
Original Starting post for this thread:
CNN announced today that Exxon set a new profit record of $1300 a second! The country is in a recession with many people unable to pay their bills in part because of high gas prices and the oil companies are making record profits. Not only that, the administration gave them huge tax breaks!

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 38   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Earmarks and overspending have never been a Republican issue.

have you been out of the country the last 8 yrs?

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Besides the Economy always slows down during elections.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
Looks like Hillary wants to top Oil Companies.

WASHINGTON -- Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton said Sunday she might be willing to garnish the wages of workers who refuse to buy health insurance to achieve coverage for all Americans.

The New York senator has criticized presidential rival Barack Obama for pushing a health plan that would not require universal coverage. Clinton has not always specified the enforcement measures she would embrace, but when pressed on ABC's "This Week," she said: "I think there are a number of mechanisms" that are possible, including "going after people's wages, automatic enrollment."

Clinton said such measures would apply only to workers who can afford health coverage but refuse to buy it, which puts undue pressure on hospitals and emergency rooms. With her proposals for subsidies, she said, "it will be affordable for everyone."

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Our system as we know it is corrupt. The politicians we elect are corrupt. It doesn't matter what party they belong to. We need to elect people who are not career politicians, people who WANT to HELP. People who don't have an agenda. Guess who is to blame? Us. The people of Mass has put Teddy Kennedy in office and kept him there, CA is responsible for Adolf Pelosi, TN is at fault for Bob Corker. I do wonder what book Pelosi was reading during the State of the Union? What a disgrace.

Thank you sweetbutt, Very nice.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Regarding the earmark situation. Maybe it wasn't an issue when the Republicans held Congress. Maybe since Pelosi and her minions have taken control that there have been more and more earmarks placed on bills. I wouldn't be suprised to see an earmark for her new jet she demanded when she took her new position. Earmarks and overspending have never been a Republican issue. Democrats have been notorious for it.

Have any of the Liberals here thought that our military might have been better equipped and better trained if Clinton had not sold Military bases to be turned into Golf Courses, Government housing and Gated Communities?

Maybe it would help the economy if a law was passed that everytime a politician votes themselves a raise then they must give an equal raise to min. wage. Maybe it would be nice to make all insurance companies non-profit (will never happen) Maybe the Government should put a price cap on gasoline and diesel fuel. (will never happen again due to too much money going through D.C.)

As far as the oil companies go there is as much money going to the Dems as there is to the Republicans. Our system as we know it is corrupt. The politicians we elect are corrupt. It doesn't matter what party they belong to. We need to elect people who are not career politicians, people who WANT to HELP. People who don't have an agenda. Guess who is to blame? Us. The people of Mass has put Teddy Kennedy in office and kept him there, CA is responsible for Adolf Pelosi, TN is at fault for Bob Corker. I do wonder what book Pelosi was reading during the State of the Union? What a disgrace.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
Bush took a stand on Earmarks, but why now. why not 7 years ago? Why not apply to this year? You say you are for less spending yet you've put future generations deep in debt. The conservatives have done this to our country not the liberals. LINE ITEM VETO was asked for over 5 years ago and the dems Fillerbusted it into oblivian.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Curious we all know that we need spending to keep our economy from going deeper into recession. Not one economist has declared we are in a Recession....Where did you get this info?

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
All words with no meaning BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!!

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
I've already said I don't care how expensive gas gets. Those of you who love big oil with exectives who receive $400,000 million dollar retirements will continue to do just fine. Once the price gets high enough I'm guessing it will be next year when the price of gas hits $5 a gallon, we will get serious about alternative energy. Once that happens oil prices will dive as demand decreases to almost nothing. We may well be saved from our stupidity.

Curious we all know that we need spending to keep our economy from going deeper into recession. If you don't think we are already there when is the last time you saw a percent and a quarter decrease in the prime? We are on a very slippery slope right now with several foreign countries in a position where they could sink us financially. What do you think would happen if OPEC countries and China dumped their assest in dollars in favor of the Euro?

The big question is if you conservatives have all the answers why are we in the precarious position? You've had complete control of this country for the last 7 years. Why are we seeing record deficit spending? Why are we seeing Record spending on Pork? Bush took a stand on Earmarks, but why now. why not 7 years ago? Why not apply to this year? You say you are for less spending yet you've put future generations deep in debt. The conservatives have done this to our country not the liberals.

So now that you've done it how do we pay our debts? The news a couple of days ago was that the National Guard did not have the capibility to do anything. Their equipment and people are all in Iraq. Our roads and bridges are all in a horrible state of repair. We've cut our food inspectors to the point where there are none. Then we discriminate against the very people who touch ever piece of food that goes into our mouths. Think about that the next time there is an outbreak of Ecoli! Specifially where are you going to make more cuts?

Times were good when Clinton was in office. We balanced the budget, had a big surplus. There was an abundance of jobs. The only thing we had to get excited about was a blow job, and it wasn't a gay blow job either! We truly have to start working together for solutions and not just more of the same old bullshit.

Land O Lakes FL
Username hidden
(600 posts)
Cut defense and not provide jobs to engineers, and the common joe? Cut social security? sure why not nothin much left for that Clinton raped me in the 90s so I have invested in me not some other shmo...ME!

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 38   End
TOPIC: Exxon Shatters Profit Records!