Evan Almighty and the Left : Swingers Discussion 81441
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsEvan Almighty and the Left
TOPIC: Evan Almighty and the Left
Created by: joeodd2
Original Starting post for this thread:
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 10 
User Details are only visible to members.
Let me just also add that the Chronicles of Narnia which certainly had some religious overtunes was very favorably reviewed as well.

Philadelphia PA

Username hidden
(5326 posts)
And I always thought CNN was a left wing news organization, but since a "straight shooter" nnon-partison centrist like JNM says that it's ok........who can argue? I'm sure Moore presented a "fair and balanced" portrayal of heath care, after all he has high standards to live up to winning the Canns film festival's award for best documentary for that hard hitting expose' "fareinheight 9/11". CNN and Micheal Moore, fair and honest reputations.....like a rock!

Arlington TX

Username hidden
(2284 posts)
"Interesting! The audience for "Sicko" politefully stood and applauded the movie. All 350 of them. and it wasn't because they were happy to see it end. Anyone other than me see the movie yet, or are you so hate filled for Moore that you get all of the information you need from" Moorewatch"?" ----------------------------------------------------------------- Was this an imaginary audience or were you invited to a closed screening? I ask' because as you chastise people for not seeing this movie, the general public simply put cannot. It has not started yet, as it's national release day across the U.S. is not until this Friday, 29 June.

....and as I have written in a previous post, I have seen Moore's other work (which IMHO is a joke) and will see this as well. People are rightfully suspicious of Moore and even your beloved CNN has criticized Moore's biased slant against HMOs and medical system in the U.S.

Minden NV

Username hidden
(4041 posts)
you see Evan Almighty and I'll "pay" to see a Micheal Moore movie JNM.

Arlington TX

Username hidden
(2284 posts)
what does being an atheist have to do with anything?

Philadelphia PA

Username hidden
(5326 posts)
This is one of the few movies that I had gone to which actually earned a standing ovation after it had ended. The other was "The House of A Thousand Corpses", which earned the standing O just for ending.............I think I even heard an Atheist say "Oh thank God!" when it was over.........from what I can tell everyone was pleasantly surprised with Evan Almighty.

Arlington TX

Username hidden
(2284 posts)
movie looks silly and boring to me...

just sayin

Philadelphia PA

Username hidden
(5326 posts)
I was using this movie to comment about the general attitude from the Left Wing Media regarding any film that respects "Christianity". It really is amazing how the Movie Critics in this country, who largely identify themselves to be Liberals, miss the message of the movie entirely. You should check it out, it's not preachy or watered down, it strike the right cord that resonates with a broad range of people. I remember the same kind of response to "the incredibles", especially in Europe. I like sex, violence, and general mayhem as much as the next guy, but come on? When there is a movie with a good message, which happens to come from the Bible, why tear it down? It doesn't surprise me that those who are more on the Left side of politics or are anti-religion would not see this or care. I just read the user reviews and the critic reviews and I LMAO. I wouldn't expect Evan Almighty to be nominated as family movie of the year, but I think that it may do some pretty decent DVD sales. I find that movies can tell you several things about the maker and some of the actors if you pay attention to the details, that's why a started a thread on "Shooter" which does take jabs at 9/11, the Kennedy assignation, the Iraq war, even the U.S not being a member of "the World Court". The politics are in our movies, most either don't notice it or chose to ignore it, which may be a blessing in and of itself.

Arlington TX

Username hidden
(2284 posts)
To bad Jim, I happen to like those things myself, but I also like a film that can make me sit back and think a little. Personal growth doesn't just involve your penis ya know, maybe you should start by recognizing that you don't know everything and then look to learn something new about yourself..........then again.........nah never mind.......

Arlington TX

Username hidden
(2284 posts)
Ok I think I have found a new thing with looking at the politics in and surrounding Hollywood movies. Evan Almighty is a good example of what kind of films drive Liberals ape shit. It's a "Christian" themed "clean" family comedy. I think there was one Penis joke in the film, that's about as X rated as this film gets. They even had the nerve to reference the "Bible" in the movie, so you know it was going to get flamed by the Critics. I find the critics reactions to this movie almost as funny as the movie itself. I would highly recommend this film to anyone who is looking for a family film with a real moral. When I see the Dems try to act all spiritual and pretend to be a party with "Christian" values, I look at the general reaction from the Left concerning films that have "Christian" undertones, such as "The Incredible" and "Evan Almighty". It's kind of sad that the Left won't embrace any film remotely Christian unless it's a satire of Christianity or involves Gay Marriage. Read some of the reviews of the movie then go see it, tell me what you think.

Arlington TX

Username hidden
(2284 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 10 
TOPIC: Evan Almighty and the Left