Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Europe furious, 'shocked' by report of US spying
TOPIC: Europe furious, 'shocked' by report of US spying
Created by: sa_interracialcpl
Original Starting post for this thread:
(CNN) -- European officials reacted with fury Sunday to a report that the U.S. National Security Agency spied on EU offices.

The European Union warned that if the report is accurate, it will have tremendous repercussions.

"I am deeply worried and shocked about the allegations," European Parliament President Martin Schulz said in a statement. "If the allegations prove to be true, it would be an extremely serious matter which will have a severe impact on EU-US relations. On behalf of the European Parliament, I demand full clarification and require further information speedily from the U.S. authorities with regard to these allegations."

German Justice Minister Sabine Leutheusser-Schnarrenberger "said if the accusations were true, it was reminiscent of the Cold War," ministry spokesman Anders Mertzlufft said, adding that the minister "has asked for an immediate explanation from the United States."

French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius called for a swift explanation from American authorities.

"These acts, if they are confirmed, would be absolutely unacceptable," he said in a statement.

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 40   End
User Details are only visible to members.
It's really simple, if Obama wants Snowden back, give him immunity, and he will return to testify to congress.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
What country wants to risk a drone strike, or a seal raid on their soil. Only two countries do not fear the US, Russia, and China.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
Well, Brazil turned down Snowden's request.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17249 posts)
We presently have a government that has taken upon itself to hold in its custody, ANY US citizen, indeterminately, without benefit of trial. Throughout that open-ended detention, that person can be denied access to their family, to legal counsel, to ANY outside person. They can be, in effect, "disappeared" and there's NOTHING they can do about it.

We now have a government that has reserved unto itself the "right" to inflict torture, at its discretion and in violation of both domestic and international law, upon anyone it *suspects* of being a "terrorist," AS WELL AS American citizens.

We currently have a government that has reserved unto itself the "right" to use drones against its own citizens for the purpose of ending their life, based upon nothing more than "suspicion," and without due process of law. The president is NOT required to sign off on such a decision.

We now, have a government that proved its subservience to private enterprise by passing the Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act, which makes all those who dare to protest against environmental destruction and the abuse of animals, into terrorists. All it takes for someone to be classified a "terrorist" under this statute, which passed in 2006 and was heavily supported by the pharmaceutical industry, is for them to engage in what are otherwise protected first amendment rights. The AETA criminalizes the right of peaceful protest and assembly.

Very few seem to bother to consider just exactly what it says about the US, that we have turned into a place so much more frightening than countries like Russia and China seem like a better place to get a fair hearing. After what we have done, embracing torture and indefinite detention, even targeted assassinations of our own citizens, we have made a mockery of our past stands for human rights. We have compounded it by REFUSING to hold anyone accountable for it either.

I am very concerned for our future. I encourage my sons to graduate college and move to Europe all the time.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17249 posts)
tbr:

"Bush never asserted that the state could kill a US citizen by a drone strike without trial."

If you are sleeping with dogs, you become a dog.

In this case, if a US citizen chooses to go from the safety of the US and sleep with our enemy, do business with our enemy, help our enemy in any way... They may die without trial with our enemies and as an enemy combatant.

Moral of the story? Stay away from our enemies unless you are killing our enemies... You know what? Just stay away from them and let the CIA/US Military kill em.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7780 posts)
Oh please

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17464 posts)
If BTW, You ask me to define a "Terrorist"...be sure you really want to hear the answer, because that too is IMO far more broad than that of the Obama administration in some cases, and more narrow in others. For example, I don't conciser Hamas a terrorist group, but I do conciser The Posse Comitatus a terrorist group...just my HO

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3844 posts)
You are obviously confusing me with others.

I was never one of the rabid Bush haters.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17436 posts)
I'd like to see TBR use his new found realization in explaining the economic downturn in the last year of GWB's Presidency.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17464 posts)
"for my realization that the President is not omnipotent. "

Nice to see you've come to that 'realization' in the last 6 years.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17464 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 40   End
TOPIC: Europe furious, 'shocked' by report of US spying