Eugenics : Swingers Discussion 89033
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsEugenics
TOPIC: Eugenics
Created by: PolyGrl The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
 1 to 10 of 43   End
User Details are only visible to members.
God Bless you Major,,best to you and your family

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Of course I don't wish my son's autism on anyone. There are many many days that I wish my son was not afflicted with it. But he is here and we live and learn.

I do believe that when he grows up, he can make his own decision to have children. His cognitive abilities are high enough that he will probably do just fine if he has a good wife. Kinda like his Dad ! :)

Had I known that I carry the genetic material for autism, I'm not sure how I'd feel about having kids. But I'm also short, fat, badling, and left handed. Taking the eugnics argument to it's rediculous extremes would say that those traits alone would bar me from reproducing.

Obviously's Huxley's "Brave New World" comes to mind like other posters have said. For an additional chilling take on this read the sci/fi short story by Phillip K. Dick called "Pre-person"

Baltimore MD
Username hidden
(63 posts)
Huxley wrote about it in A Brave New World. Once technology is sufficiently advanced to feed the masses of the starving world, the biggest obstacle to controlling the populace has been remove. Developing a worldwide idiocracy has already begun. The evisceration of all things that make us human -- culture, art, religion, philosophy, et. al. -- and replacing these with apathy has been happening for decades. After humans are sufficiently dumbed down and essential needs met by government, it's a simple task to use technology to breed out the survival instinct or replace it with a few mental serums. Probably could just be added to the water supply like fluoridation.

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
"Human compassion runs counter to Darwinism. Compassion says we are our brother's keeper. My son will live his own life He may even marry own day and raise a family of his own. It will be his choice. My Grandfathers fought for that choice in the battlefields of Europe and the Pacific."

_____________________________________________ Major, I am sure you are proud of your son and God Bless you for mentoring and loving him. But when you say maybe have his own kids, would you wish autism on anyone, especially an autistic child? My family has fought in every war since the Spanish American War...but even they did not wish that on a child.

God Bless your child but I do hope he never has children..for his own sake.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
From what I understand the eugenics movement had its origins in the idea of Social Darwinism. This concept that the fittest men would rise to the top was taken as gospel by the robber barons of the late 19th and early 20th century. If you believe in Social Darwinism, then it's easy to make the jump to eugenics, which is precisely what many prominent thinkers did during the first half of the 20th century. In their eyes it was not wrong but necessary to improve genetic stock. One problem with this concept is of course is that these are humans , not cattle.

I have an autistic son. Sixty years ago, he would have been institutionalised. Now he is in the fifth grade and a Cub Scout. Attitudes have changed. Why did they change? One of the reasons I feel they changed is because of the Allied victory over Fascism. Nazi Germany took eugenics and made it their own ugly technology. For the past 40 years or so we have associated eugenics with the horrors of the Third Riech. We are repulsed by the concept and are replacing the idea of institutions and Social Darwinism with compassion.

Human compassion runs counter to Darwinism. Compassion says we are our brother's keeper. My son will live his own life He may even marry own day and raise a family of his own. It will be his choice. My Grandfathers fought for that choice in the battlefields of Europe and the Pacific.

Baltimore MD
Username hidden
(63 posts)
Poly, are you now telling everyone they must stay ON TOPIC in every thread/every post?? Now that IS priceless...lol

Maybe welfare and sterilization/norplant is what we were talking about??? Maybe the crack addicted ho on welfare that has a crack baby that now is retarded because she is a drug addict, needs to be sterilized too...I don't know, what do you think? I think they are related.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
destin,

sorry, I meant to say "facts aren't facts" only in a liberal mind.... Long day and my genius is waning tonight.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
I said facts are facts, Scotty, tbr was ? me on it. Never let facts stand in nthe way of a liberal...lol Anyone read the eugenics site ?

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
facts are facts? Only in a liberal mind.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
Well, really Destin, facts aren't facts. Numbers can be skewed in all kinds of ways.

You know what Mark Twain said, "There are lies, damn lies, and statistics."

Jack's post goes under the lies category.

There has been nothing even close to 5 trillion spent on "welfare." Unless you count student loans, school lunches, job training, and medicaid.

If we continue current block grant expenditures on TANF, it will be about 300 years before we spend 5 trillion dollars.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
 1 to 10 of 43   End
TOPIC: Eugenics