Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Elections have consequences
TOPIC: Elections have consequences
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Start   91 to 100 of 105   End
User Details are only visible to members.
pioneers are so very few today..........BS

Kingston TN
Username hidden
(1991 posts)
some will learn to take care of them selfs.some will lead.a lot will look to the goverment to take care of them.they will be expolited by such people that want power and will use them.that is why this country is in decline.its a rot that is eating this country alive........BS

Kingston TN
Username hidden
(1991 posts)
Those Occupy kids aren't people without opportunities. Those are kids who don't know what opportunities there are, how to get them, and are completely unprepared to exploit them.

I explained why in greater detail below.

This probably resembles the hippie movement who felt that they had no future or opportunities. Most of them eventually found a way.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20259 posts)
Haha. You 30-somethings are describing today's younger people precisely as the 30+ opiners of the '60s and '70s. Kids nowadays!

It's been a while, though, since I heard anyone seriously claim that kids have more opportunities now. What about college-degreed young people who can't find a job in their field? Did you notice the Occupy movement even?

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
I think I see what you're getting at. I think that today's kids are just as intelligent as they've ever been. However, the "common sense" factor is definitely on the steep decline. And I agree that it's largely due to growing up in an era that requires less personal accountability/responsibility and instead has transformed into a culture of dependency. But we can't blame that on the kids. They weren't taught well and that falls on the shoulders of our generation and maybe a half or full generation of parents before us.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3205 posts)
"To be more specific, this generation is the first to be less *educated* than their parents. And I don't mean fewer degree"s. I mean stuff in their head. A person with a Master's degree who can't do shit is useless. "

My thoughts exactly

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17386 posts)
Yes you are right things do change as do the problems we face. VaB has a very good outlook on it. But I know that my 18 year old is a lot more dependent than I was at his age. And I am sure I was more dependent than my parents. But I will have to agree with VaB on his outlook I think it does sum it up the best.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
I agree with you. "Easier" or "harder" is relative. It is "easier" than ever to succeed, but the number of people who are prepared to do it is decreasing.

To be more specific, this generation is the first to be less *educated* than their parents. And I don't mean fewer degrees. I mean stuff in their head. A person with a Master's degree who can't do shit is useless.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20259 posts)
I think vabeach's post kind of illustrates what I was talking about when I said that problems change, but they don't go away. Every generation is faced with challenges that previous gens didn't have to deal with. Doesn't mean that the newer/younger generation has it any easier than the gen before it. It's just different.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3205 posts)
@vacpl:

I don't buy into that. Sure, some things are easier today than say 30 years ago, but there's also things to worry about today that weren't an issue back then either. The issues and problems might change over time, but they never go away.

If life were truly getting easier as time wore on, then we wouldn't have the problems in our society that we're forced to deal with.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3205 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Start   91 to 100 of 105   End
TOPIC: Elections have consequences