Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Elections have consequences
TOPIC: Elections have consequences
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Start   101 to 105 of 105 
User Details are only visible to members.
"The whole "my generation had it so much worse than your generation" is such a crock of shit."

Mostly yes, but a little no, and the no is a huge problem right around the corner. Allow me to explain.

Mrs. VA has long maintained that this generation (those currently under about 28) will be the first generation to have it worse than their parents. Lower incomes, lower literacy, lower education and overall fewer opportunities.

For a long time I didn't agree with her, as I maintained the world laid out in front of them is better than ever. However, my logic is flawed - my assumption is that a better world automatically creates a better generation. This is true, but only to a point.

It was her belief, and now I agree, that we have crossed that point. The children born post-1985 have been born into a world of such pervasive prosperity that success seemed easy. Technology has replaced the need for people to be adamant in their skills of handwriting, spelling and grammar. Teachers have stopped coming down on kids who just write any old shit and pass them all to protect their egos.

So now we have a whole mess of COLLEGE educated kids who are barely literate. Math teaching has gone away from basic skills because we have calculators that do it. Ever buy something from a store for $10.07, hand the cashier a $20 - they instantly punch $20 in to the register, and up comes $9.93? Then you hand them 7 cents. They are fucking lost. OMG I already punched in the $20!

What hope do people like this possibly have? How can they ever balance a bank account, plan their finances, or overall manage their lives? I had intern applications from college juniors in chemistry programs who can barely write a complete sentence. You'd be amazed how many would write inquiries like "If u have an oping please get back 2 me". I am deadly serious. I wouldn't hire this person to mow my lawn. They expect me to mentor them in industrial chemistry?

Our efforts to provide everything for our children have created a generation of children who can't do anything for themselves and scream like a baby when they can't find a cord to plug in their iPhone. My daughter says people simply don't show up for work because "their phone died and they couldn't check their schedule online". Can you FATHOM this being an acceptable excuse for missing work when you were younger?

I once told Robert - and I'm paraphrasing as best I can because my searching is not finding it.....

"The only apology my generation owes yours is for not kicking your ass hard enough. We gave you too much and expected too little. Instead of insisting you mow the lawn, set the table, put gas in the car and got your own ass to school, we did all those things for you, and now you're as helpless as a 6 year old as a result."

The minority of the current generation that IS like their parents is going to completely own the rest of them. College graduates who don't know to hand someone a $10 bill on $10.07 out of $20.07, submit resumes with email addresses like tight_chik69@ whateva. com, and cannot write a basic paragraph without extensive editing from someone like myself (I do not consider myself to be an A-level writer..... I think I'm OK but I am far from perfect) are going to find themselves working at WalMart. And that's just going to be the way it is. At least the pool of them available to wipe my ass for me when I'm 95 will be large.

So, "Yes" the current generation has better opportunities and potential for a better life than any before it, but "No", because most of them are far too stupid to realize it. And we (or, rather people more like about 50-60 right now) share the blame for that.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20532 posts)
T, every generation has had it better than the one before. My grand parents were born in the last few years of the 1890's. I know they had it a lot worse then I did. My parents grew up during the depression so I know I had it better than they did. I have an 18 year old son and I know he had it better than I did. What I was trying to point out to Robert is he had it better than his parents did.He blames his failure on everybody and every thing but himself.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
The whole "my generation had it so much worse than your generation" is such a crock of shit. I'm not defending that cranial lump in the least because he's pretty worthless on every possible level, but every generation has it's share of slackers and problems. Always have, always will. Pretty sure anyone who grew up during the Depression thinks you hippies from the 60s had it easy with your Woodstock and your marijuana cigarettes and your free love.

Everyone thinks that times were the best and times were somehow simultaneously the toughest when they grew up.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3207 posts)
Robert with so many out there like you and doubt what you say. You produce nothing. Most people of your age group sit back and bitch and moan about how bad you have it. You have no idea what it was like growing up in the late 60's early 70's.You have no idea how people struggled to get by in everyday life.So spare us your poor poor pitiful me whining and be a man go out and WORK take care of yourself.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Big money can no longer win elections for the republican party. A party which as exiled almost half of the women vote, most every Latino and minority vote and are losing one major and even medium level city after another.

You need to check your mentality and turn it in for a new one... It is disconnected from reality and your wanted greed for demanding more work from the workers who produce 2-3 times more productivity than their fathers ever could think of doing, at a wage which is 1/5th that of what their fathers made per work produced.

You are losing everyone who isn't wealthy and even the wealthy know that you cannot keep going like this.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7780 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Start   101 to 105 of 105 
TOPIC: Elections have consequences