Election Post Mortem aka Wednesday Morning Quarterbacking : Swingers Discussion 2113051011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsElection Post Mortem aka Wednesday Morning Quarterbacking
TOPIC: Election Post Mortem aka Wednesday Morning Quarterbacking
GoTo Page: 1 2 ... More 
Start   11 to 20 of 20 
User Details are only visible to members.
A mournful funeral dirge will be played as Tea Party buses are driven to Alice Spookers junkyard of meaningless devices.

Scavengers for the Koch Brothers Crime Enterprises will eat crackers and attempt to whistle 'Stars & Stripes Forever.'

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(6820 posts)
I was not uncomfortable with Romney's money or his holdings. I say, amen, show me some of your strategies so I can get on. My problem with him is his arrogance. How dare you go overseas and act as though you had already won the election and then you insult people over there with dumb remarks and accuse the President of not working with or making time with Bennie from Israel. At least when Barack Obama was running against George W. he gave him the courtesy of saying "We have one President at a time." Romney thought he could take liberties with Obama because he is black and that's the deal. No President has ever had to endure the racial slurs, etc. as has this President and yet he forged ahead! Like the Bahai Religion says in their radio commercial "Racism, you better stop!"

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(2532 posts)
I think that Romney's biggest mistake is not preparing years ago for this.

He goes into the election with Swiss bank accounts and investments in the Caymans? $100 million in his IRA?

I don't care that he has the money to do those things, but the optics are all wrong. Why ask for trouble?

Obama should have, as Fun said, been a little more assertive throughout his presidency. He should have spent more time talking about his record.

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17349 posts)
Ghost:

"And you don't see the utter hypocrisy in your argument? Are you blind?"

Sadly it isn't being blind that is the problem... It is their lack of empathy, their lack of care or concern for their fellow man, let alone countrymen. They have made their entire life about control, controlling themselves, controlling others, it is all the same. When they lose some level of control, they become angry and shout second amendment solution slogans.

There isn't any talking with these kinds of people, and the best way to deal with those of them who try and make good on their threats of second amendment solutions is to hang them on the nearest tree and place a sign saying traitor on their body for all to see.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7261 posts)
"The idea that an uneducated, low-wage earning, down on their luck pair of morons would make babies is not my problem and must not be my government's problem. "

Unless of course that couple is seeking an abortion so that they CAN make a stab at the American Dream. THEN you feel have the self aggrandized to play god and deny them BY LAW any chance of getting off the poverty carrousel that you nailed them to when you denied them birth control and family planning education.

And you don't see the utter hypocrisy in your argument? Are you blind?

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3530 posts)
"Obama's divisive / class warfare policies have the potential of setting off civil strife here. Revenge through high taxes in response to lack of the personal success of the unmotivated and/or perpetually unlucky is not a wise second term agenda."

Why is it that when the righties don't get THEIR way they call it 'class warfare'?

Class warfare is pushing laws and policies to disenfranchise poor/minority/Democratic voters.

Class warfare is telling your wealthiest and closest supporters that nearly half the country is lazy and mooching off all the so called 'responsible' voters.

Class warfare is demanding a tax cut for the wealthiest while cutting programs for the poor and middle class with glee

Class warfare is convincing voters like yourself that will likely never even see the edges of the income levels that the republican policies really benefit march in lockstep with the discredited ideology of 'trickle down' that benefits them in few ways economically, but many ways emotionally. Further examples are plentiful...

Yeah, there's class warfare; the right started it and seem to be winning....

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3530 posts)
Thn:

The class warefar was started by the top demeaning and adding additional pressures to the least able or least educated.

A minimum wage earner on welfare can't typically improve themselves... They must work 50+ hours a week where ever they can get work... Often in a go nowhere job. Most have no college skills at all and no time to work full time to keep the welfare and attend college which most programs need four years to get anything above minimum wage.

I haven't even stated their parental responsibilities. Looking after their kids often takes up most of the parents twenties. By the time the oldest kid is old enough to watch over the younger kids... The parents must now take remedial education classes adding 2 more years to a four year college degree... Just to be caught up with students who are younger and with less hurdles to climb over.

This idea that you can work fifty hours a week, raise young kids and attend college at the same time, on minimum wage is not reasonable.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7261 posts)
This is an interesting debate. I believe neither of them will or want to balance the budget and pay off the national debt. Romney will spend to build up the military- likely getting us into a war with Iran when they refuse to stop building a nuke and/or get one and use it. The nation is war weary- the people putting us in these conflicts aren't serious about winning them quickly and Dick Cheney's 100 year plan to nation build is not viable.

Obama's divisive / class warfare policies have the potential of setting off civil strife here. Revenge through high taxes in response to lack of the personal success of the unmotivated and/or perpetually unlucky is not a wise second term agenda. The President is supposed to support and defend the constitution; not pit us against each other to sustain his own power. Social programs can help people, however, the government is not accountable and doesn't hold recipients accountable for their failure to improve themselves and get off those programs. The money is running out and our deficit spending devalues the dollar, hurting poor people most of all. To fix it we need to build cross-party bridges. MSNBC and Fox don't want that- they profit when we hate on each other. We need to rise above their ilk and be Americans.

Bensalem PA
Username hidden
(1160 posts)
For the most part I agree with your assessment.

I would however add that Romney had more going against him with the money he has in non-taxable accounts, inability to understand the common man and only relate to businessmen who believe in exploitation as how to run a business.

Obama simply put is too hopeful. Even now he remains too wide eyed in his hopes and aspirations. This is why the office ages who ever takes office...

We place the weight of the world upon their shoulders and forget that the presidency is t a dictatorship able to command... It requires a clear voice which both follows and leads in the congress.

Sense 9/11 we haven't given the US government a clear voice, a path to follow. We the people have been more like a multi head monster moving in multiple directions and going nowhere.

Such divisions never speak well as to the future of any nation.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7261 posts)
We might as well go ahead and get this started. What do you think about the campaign strategies? What major mistakes did they make? 

On Romney, I think his smartest decision was moving to the center in the first debate; he couldn't win without some moderate voters, and that helped. 

His worst mistakes were the mismanagement of his convention and his VP choice. Ryan only reinforces the belief among moderates that the party is too radical. He doesn't appear able even to bring along his home state, and he has been relegated largely to a surrogate role in safe, solidly red states. 

Obama's biggest mistake IMO was his piss poor debate preparation. And beyond that, not making Congress an issue, like Truman did. There's a legitimate argument that Congress has been an impediment to getting things done, and it would play well to an electorate that gives Congress only an 11% approval rating. 

That strategy might also have given the Dems an outside chance at re-taking the House, or at least moderating the stand by Republicans who are re-elected. 

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10769 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 ... More 
Start   11 to 20 of 20 
TOPIC: Election Post Mortem aka Wednesday Morning Quarterbacking