Election Post Mortem aka Wednesday Morning Quarterbacking : Swingers Discussion 211305
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsElection Post Mortem aka Wednesday Morning Quarterbacking
TOPIC: Election Post Mortem aka Wednesday Morning Quarterbacking
Created by: Fun_Ahoy
Original Starting post for this thread:
We might as well go ahead and get this started. What do you think about the campaign strategies? What major mistakes did they make? 

On Romney, I think his smartest decision was moving to the center in the first debate; he couldn't win without some moderate voters, and that helped. 

His worst mistakes were the mismanagement of his convention and his VP choice. Ryan only reinforces the belief among moderates that the party is too radical. He doesn't appear able even to bring along his home state, and he has been relegated largely to a surrogate role in safe, solidly red states. 

Obama's biggest mistake IMO was his piss poor debate preparation. And beyond that, not making Congress an issue, like Truman did. There's a legitimate argument that Congress has been an impediment to getting things done, and it would play well to an electorate that gives Congress only an 11% approval rating. 

That strategy might also have given the Dems an outside chance at re-taking the House, or at least moderating the stand by Republicans who are re-elected. 

GoTo Page: 1 2 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 20   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Let me say this. I LOVE THESE FORUMS! Even the rantings and outside the forums notes I receive. I think we have productive discourse and if we can iron things out in our small community perhaps we can be effective in the community at large. Let's try!

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3186 posts)
Well, Rush opened with "Conservatives did not loose last night" then began spinning so fast, he must be a mile underground by now.

Cape Coral FL
Username hidden
(4042 posts)
"That strategy might also have given the Dems an outside chance at re-taking the House, or at least moderating the stand by Republicans who are re-elected."

I live in SW Florida and it is very very Red. We just elected to Congress a Rush Limbaugh wannabe who last year had an early morning radio talk show "clone" version of him. IMO, depending on where one lives has more to do with anything. I do not think anything BHO could have said regarding electing people to Congress to support his agenda would matter. Speaking of Limbaugh his show is just about to start and I just have to hear his "sour grapes" first half hour.

Cape Coral FL
Username hidden
(4042 posts)
Romney should have gotten more votes.

Obama should thank Christie and Sandy.

Amherst Canada
Username hidden
(2368 posts)
"Racism, you better stop!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

give it a try!

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2168 posts)
"I wonder if after Romney gave his concession speech he went back stage, fell to the floor and had a temper tantrum like a rich, spoiled six-year-old..."

One of the Networks mentioned that he never had composed one in advance, just in case.

Cape Coral FL
Username hidden
(4042 posts)
Lucky:

" Again America has decided to choose a path for it's self and has determind that we follow a path of what about me, and not what is best for the nation. "

This discribes the right perfectly. Your greed for personal wealth, hording it and using it as a stick saying pull yourself up by your boot straps, despite a ever decreaseing wage, raising prices and cost of everything so that you can make more money is crying it is all about me and not the nation.

A strong nation has a strong middle class and yes, a strong lower class. Cookie marts, hotel work, shopping malls are becoming the mainstay jobs... these are minimum wage jobs. Those which were once middle class jobs are now becoming minimum wage jobs as well... or at the least their wages depressed... So that the bosses and investors can make more personal profit, not the nation.

You on the right want a strong military, but to maintain it you must have a lower and middle class free of needing the social welfare programs and able to pay taxes. You have placed the burden of the nation upon your own shoulders and made yourselves the only ones able to be taxed... Because your greed horded the money and damaged this nation.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7430 posts)
He handed out crackers and his last package of Mormon Dementor candy.

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(6978 posts)
I cant even imagine where we will be four years from now. We can only rely on what if. The American people have spoken. No one died and the greatness of America still stands. There were no tanks in the streets, no riots, and no summery exacutions. We decide. For those who think your vote does not count this is proof you are wrong. It does matter. As an American it is the ultimate priviledge bestowed on you and the greatest responsibility that you have.

We will live on and we will suffer and we will benefit from this election as we always do. Again America has decided to choose a path for it's self and has determind that we follow a path of what about me, and not what is best for the nation. I hope for the sake of the nation we can now come together and solve the problems of the nation at home and around the world.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
I wonder if after Romney gave his concession speech he went back stage, fell to the floor and had a temper tantrum like a rich, spoiled six-year-old...

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2730 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 20   End
TOPIC: Election Post Mortem aka Wednesday Morning Quarterbacking