Eat the Rich Parte Deux : Swingers Discussion 2120411041
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsEat the Rich Parte Deux
TOPIC: Eat the Rich Parte Deux
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... More 
Start   41 to 50 of 60   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"I tip mechanics that work on our vehicles every time. Damn I didn't know I was bribing them. :("

A tip is a bribe of sorts when it comes to any place that you may frequent. I generously tip the bartender at my favorite watering hole. In return I get stronger drinks and the occasional freebie. If you use the same mechanic every time, I hope you're getting a free oil change or tire rotation every now and then. ;-)

T

Danville PA

Username hidden
(3161 posts)
"I don't get the impression that average people of average income resent the wealthy; I think they more often aspire to become wealthy (or at least financially comfortable) themselves. And they are across the political spectrum."

Absolutely correct. I said previously in another thread that I don't resent the rich for being rich and I hope to be rich myself one day....or at least financially secure enough that I can enjoy some of the finer things in life without having to do some major financial planning and budgeting in order to do so. I'm a comfortably secure middle class guy. Short of a major, money sucking health complication, I've got little to worry about financially. My kids will go to college if they'd like and there won't be too many schools that are financially off limits to them.

My beef isn't with wealth, it's with greed.

T

Danville PA

Username hidden
(3161 posts)
I tip mechanics that work on our vehicles every time. Damn I didn't know I was bribing them. :(

Sanford NC

Username hidden
(19231 posts)
The Thread Title is funny to me since I have a friend who constantly says "Eat the Rich."

Sed, if it makes you feel any better, I despise any person collecting a gov't check for doing nothing just as much as I loathe the wealthy who have no moral compass and cruise through life without any fear of the repercussions of their own actions. Both are selfish and have little concern about anything that happens outside of their bubble so long as it doesn't potentially burst said bubble.

Both classes of people are equally contributing to the decay of society in their own way.

Also, feel free to credit me with my own quote if you're going to pull it from another thread.

T

Danville PA

Username hidden
(3161 posts)
Before anyone asks why I think of Tri's post a jealousy.

Tri assumes that I was able to fill up on that day BECAUSE he assumes that I BRIBED the attendant. He doesn't realize that tip was a thank you for him letting me fill up on a day that I wasn't supposed to, that at the end it's up to the gas station whether to fill you up or not. In his worldview showing gratitude for a kind deed is wrong. Strange.

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16520 posts)
Exhibit A: the jealous.

Ill save ya the agony of that pain :).

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16520 posts)
**I tipped a gas attended $20 on the day after they rationed the gas here into odd/even days. He let me fill up on a day that I wasn't supposed to {WEG} ** {wicked evil grin}?

I honestly enjoy observing how certain *ignorant* posters have the brazen chutzpah to brag to everyone here, that just because they can afford the bribe, they are free to ignore the rules/laws in effect for everyone else. People watching is awesome, particularly the *entitled* type.

adjective \'ig-n(?-)r?nt Origin of IGNORANT (see ignore)

Definition of IGNORE 1: to refuse to take notice of

Hillsdale NY

Username hidden
(44 posts)
Raised the topic amongst friends a few days ago. Some claimed that it goes back to the same old same old, jealousy. Some suggested that its lack of education. Some said that its ignorance, intellectual laziness.

I have no clue, I'm guessing a combo of all of the above. I just wish that it would stop. It doesn't benefit anyone nor advance the discourse.

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16520 posts)
"I don't get the impression that average people of average income resent the wealthy; I think they more often aspire to become wealthy..."

Ah, but you're being reasonable. What many people resent (IMO) is that people with way more than they need have professed that poor people really should not have basics such as health care, food, a real home. They wouldn't be poor people if they had all that!

If God's reward for being one of his select chosen few is that you should be rich, then it's equally God's plan that the poor should do without the basics.

Why should the children of billionaires be less than billionaires themselves? It's God's will, and God forbid that the poor should stop fighting one another for lousy jobs with no benefits.

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Is it a cry for help? -- Can't someone pull her head out of her ass, since she clearly can not do it herself? Oh, woe is her.

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... More 
Start   41 to 50 of 60   End
TOPIC: Eat the Rich Parte Deux