Eat the Rich Parte Deux : Swingers Discussion 2120411031
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsEat the Rich Parte Deux
TOPIC: Eat the Rich Parte Deux
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   31 to 40 of 59   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Sed has gone to lengths in these forums to criticize others who engage in generalization.

Sed then shares with us someone's specific comment about a rich Hostess executive and mischaracterizes it as a general attack on all rich people.

While Sed imagines a generalization where apparently one does not exist, it does not stop her from generalizing about how the liberals hate the wealthy.

I wonder if Sed is coming up with other ridiculous generalizations to justify her position?

Sed also hates hypocrites. I wonder if she hates herself? She is fond of calling others "self-haters," perhaps a case of projection...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"If the OP wishes to not engage with posters of opposing views they should refrain from creating provocative *troll* posts in the first place."

Ditto.

Amherst Canada
Username hidden
(2363 posts)
Sed, what I meant was instead of saying that you started the thread with something "another member said" just put my name to it. Not gonna hurt my feelings if I said it, nor am I going to think that it's any sort of "attack" on me. But for anyone who didn't catch my comments in that other thread, they may (or may not) like to know who made the statement in the first place. :-)

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
"Eat The Rich" also is the title of a pretty good book by P. J. O'Rourke, who is proof that conservatives can be both smart and funny in the course of criticizing liberals.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10769 posts)
So, you take an outlier comment from a far left wackadoodle here and apply it to the entire Democratic party? Or all poor people? Or the so called 47%?

You are just as bad as Bobby for starting this thread with this comment. If you TRULY occupied the rarefied air of moral nobless you claim, you would simply ignore it and set an example with your ACTIONS, not codify bad behavior with worse...

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3499 posts)
**A tip is a bribe of sorts when it comes to any place that you may frequent. I generously tip the bartender at my favorite watering hole. In return I get stronger drinks and the occasional freebie. If you use the same mechanic every time, I hope you're getting a free oil change or tire rotation every now and then. **

I don't necessarily see a tip as a bribe, the people that I normally tip are low income earners who can use the money. The gas attendant guy that I tipped, I will most likely never see again. Despite the rationing that was implemented just days before, gas became accessible again, so there were no lines, in fact, the station had only one car beside me filling up. I don't think that me tipping him signifies that somehow I tried to get one over others, or that I tried to bribe him, or that I'm some kind of a scummy rich person, heck how does that even indicate my financial standing at all? If Tri's post is not indicative of the mentality that the rich should be eaten I don't know what is.

I do the same at restaurants that I only visit one time, if the service is good, I tip the wait staff generously. My hair dresser and manicurist get 35% tip, why? because they do outstanding work, they go above and beyond others, these are people that I see regularly, in this case, I'd agree that it can be viewed as a sort of bribe, but only if they do the job as well each and every time.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16378 posts)
* My beef isn't with wealth, it's with greed. *

Greed is part of humanity, just like jealousy is. It exists in each and every one of us whether we like to admit it, or not. Not all of us however, respond to these feelings in the same way.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16378 posts)
*Sed, if it makes you feel any better*

I didn't mean for the thread to make you feel as if it was personally directed at you, it was a good way to start a topic, whether you or anyone else that makes this statement is of no importance. Think of it as a diving board :).

*Also, feel free to credit me with my own quote if you're going to pull it from another thread.*

You're making it sound like I took credit for it, or attributed it to someone else, I tried not to make it personal, thus the omission of the name.

As to eat the rich, that's a line that I heard a lot when I went to Zucotti Park during the "Occupations" of Wall Street.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16378 posts)
I tip mechanics that work on our vehicles every time. Damn I didn't know I was bribing them. :(

The problem isn't the tipping, it's the blatant disregard for the other folks patiently waiting in the rationed gas line who DO have the correct number plate, for that day.

I'm sure that someone as yourself with such a grasp of the of law and respect for fairness can understand.

Hillsdale NY
Username hidden
(44 posts)
hah hah hah, I see I got blocked immediately, which just proves whereof the quote provided originated. Oh well, guess I'll just have to open up a *throwaway* profile, like so many others on here, if I feel like continuing the conversation...

**Such a discourse in my opinion is for one, and one purpose only, to insult one or the other. But it doesn't advance the actual topic, it ends it.**

Certain posters in these forums, decry the lack of discourse however cannot continue to support their position without their use of exclusivity as false power, truly the cowards way out. They revel in their use of the *mirror* on others, but as it is turned back upon themselves the ugly truth becomes unbearable for them to witness...If the OP wishes to not engage with posters of opposing views they should refrain from creating provocative *troll* posts in the first place.

People watching is just so predictably awesome. "Let them eat cake"

Hillsdale NY
Username hidden
(44 posts)
"I tip mechanics that work on our vehicles every time. Damn I didn't know I was bribing them. :("

A tip is a bribe of sorts when it comes to any place that you may frequent. I generously tip the bartender at my favorite watering hole. In return I get stronger drinks and the occasional freebie. If you use the same mechanic every time, I hope you're getting a free oil change or tire rotation every now and then. ;-)

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   31 to 40 of 59   End
TOPIC: Eat the Rich Parte Deux