Do you think they know : Swingers Discussion 77553101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsDo you think they know
TOPIC: Do you think they know
Created by: perfectmatch The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 17   End
User Details are only visible to members.
caretaker,

I agree with you about your post of the US being the lone guy on top of the mountain. I was in the military at the end of the cold war. GOD I MISS THE COLD WAR. At least things were predictable.

Lake Worth FL

Username hidden
(7207 posts)
ah i see. or i guess, better said, i DIDNT see it, haha..

Philadelphia PA

Username hidden
(5326 posts)
who posted that we are worse than the enemy. i just reread all of the posts in this thread. i certainly see the moral difference as well..

Philadelphia PA

Username hidden
(5326 posts)
I think it is very sad that people do not see a moral difference between the United States and countries run by autocratic fear based dictators, authoritarians and monotheist. Yes, the people in the United States to include it's leaders are human and therefore flawed, but I would hope that regardless of what your politics are, people could see that the U.S., to include our leaders, are far more moral and noble then those we are currently in conflict with.

Minden NV

Username hidden
(4041 posts)
i think content's point was well-taken, whether or not the supporting example of his point was "perfect", (pun intended). many times people makes points and then use an example to illustrate the point. it seems often that the opposing viewpoints attack the example and ignore the point. i made the same point as content earlier last nite about attacking the soviet union during the cold war, south african during apartheid, darfur now. we are not the world's policeman and "old school" conservatism supported that view point.

as for contents point..

It is deplorable that muslim countries persecute homosexuals (or any other group for that matter), but that's no excuse for us or anybody to go in and force them to accept oil exploitation contracts that suit US/UK companies.

No society is perfect. Neither is ours.

i totally agree

Philadelphia PA

Username hidden
(5326 posts)
"the point is that we have no moral authority to criticize others; we kill the innocent too (eg, those we executed and were later found to be innocent with DNA evidence, etc)."

Who? Give us the names, what DNA evidence? When were they executed?

You have been watching The Life of David Gale too much.

Spencer TN

Username hidden
(6438 posts)
I'm suprised Bush hasn't started drafting gays and lesbians into the military an put them on the front lines. This is one of the FEW things I agree with liberals on. The Declaration of Independance allows us life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I honestly could care less what someone does in the privacy of their own home. Having a gay brother I see discrimination and gay bashing quite alot. He and his partnre have been together for over 15 years. The finally had a Civil Union in Vermont a few years ago. I was a proud brother. Luckily their jobs allow same sex benifits. If someone is in love then that someone should should be able to marry and be able to support their love even after they part this world.

Spencer TN

Username hidden
(6438 posts)
i am not sure what you mean by why didnt we "hear" about bosnia.

i suspect we did not get involved earlier because of a variety of factors including a disbelief of the type of atrocities going on, poor planning by the clinton administration and a failure to understand the ethnic histories of the "nations" involved.

Philadelphia PA

Username hidden
(5326 posts)
i never said they were nice guys.

i just think it becomes a slippery slope if u begin to use that reasoning to go to war. should we have attacked the soviet union during the cold war, should we have invaded south africa during apartheid. all can be debated.

it used to be the republican platform that we were not the world's policeman.

Alfred Regnery, publisher of the American Spectator and numerous conservative books, "The administration got sold a little bit by the neocons. . . . We should return to a traditional, strong Republican foreign policy: We go to war only as a last resort, and we're not in the business of building nations."

Philadelphia PA

Username hidden
(5326 posts)
sure and germany from 1933 until 1941.

Philadelphia PA

Username hidden
(5326 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 17   End
TOPIC: Do you think they know