Disenfranchisement : Swingers Discussion 100214
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsDisenfranchisement
TOPIC: Disenfranchisement
Created by: joeodd2
Original Starting post for this thread:
Ok let me see if I got this right. Florida and Michigan go against the DNC and decide to hold early primaries. The DNC tells them that they will not have their delegates seated if they do this. They do it anyway. The voters knew, or should have known that the delegates would not be seated. They voted anyway, perhaps believing that the DNC would fold and seat the delegates anyway. Now it appears that breaking the rules works, at least when it comes to the Democratic party. It amazes me, the DNC sets rules and then has to reverse itself. This could give Clinton the lead or even get her the nomination, because she played the odds and put herself on the ballet for Michigan. Florida would probably have gone to her anyway, but then again Obama was able to beat her in states that she was favored in before so who knows. So should these delegates be seated or should the stick to the position they set from the outset? I have a feeling what conservatives would say, but lets hear from some democrats on this.

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 18   End
User Details are only visible to members.
after thinkin about it, i say that both florida and michigan should "not count". somewhat related, listenin to the clinton camp on this issue i am becoming disenfracnised with her..

Are you close to making up your mind there DZZ?

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
It is not a Florida issue it is a DNC issue. Even dems shouldnt have to pay this one...Let the candidates pay for it.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
florida has a rebuplican governor and a rebuplican controlled legislature so goes the argument that "they" made the decision.

after thinkin about it, i say that both florida and michigan should "not count". somewhat related, listenin to the clinton camp on this issue i am becoming disenfracnised with her..

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Now hold on, what did republicans have to do with moving up the primary date in Florida? So the Local Democratic Leadership in Florida did not propose this and had nothing to do with moving the primary date up? I find it a bit hard to believe that. From what I understood, the Dems decided to roll the dice and went against the objections of the DNC despite the warnings about possibly not having their delegates seated. Allowing a re-vote or seating even half of them undermines the DNC authority and makes the party as a whole look weak. Make rules and enforce them, the DNC should have never set the consequences if they were not ready to live with the results. On the other hand they are going to have a shit storm no matter what they might as well do a re-vote, but the party should pay. I say split the cost between the DNC and the local Democratic committee. If super delegates decide this, and they go with Clinton, all the independents and republicans for Obama are going to give Mccain a second look. Mccain then takes the "change" slogan and runs with it, but he also uses the "experience" slogan as well. I don't think Obama is as attractive campaining as Hillary's pool boy lackey. He should take all or nothing and wait until 2012, let Clinton pick a professional ass kisser like Edwards. Although I think she'd be smarter to pick Clark.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
TBR is right and the longer the Repubs keep the wheels spinning in Fla the better it will be for McCaine....LOL McCaine will be in St. Louis today...$1000. a plate...

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
"I think 'he' doesn't feel the people of Fla should pay for it. They had a primary. Why in the world should any Republican in FLA pay for the stupidity of the DNC?"

Of course, Dan.

Every Democrat is trying to game the system. And every Republican has pure motives...

I got a bridge for sale if you are interested...

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17354 posts)
the libs are just like the communists in russia and china, keep changing the rules till you are in charge, nothing but crooks and criminals.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
The last numbers I saw were that either one will beat McCain.

Clinton-McCain is 276-262 Obama-McCain is 280-258

Survey USA 3/8/2006

Survey USA has been one of the most accurate in the primaries

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17354 posts)
you are right content...right on...just like they tried to overthrow the 2000 election!

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Joe--I say go back and count Florida and Michigan. ; ) Hillary deserves to get the nomination any day over flaky Obama!

St George UT
Username hidden
(2113 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 18   End
TOPIC: Disenfranchisement