Ding Dong! The Witch Is Dead,’ Adopted as Anti-Thatcher Anthem : Swingers Discussion 220286
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsDing Dong! The Witch Is Dead,’ Adopted as Anti-Thatcher Anthem
TOPIC: Ding Dong! The Witch Is Dead,’ Adopted as Anti-Thatcher Anthem
Created by: PartyPerks847
Original Starting post for this thread:
htt p://thelede.blogs.nytimes.c om/2013/04/12/bbc-wont-ban-ding-dong-the-witch-is-dead-adopted-as-anti-thatcher-anthem/ Dickens wrote you bear the chains in death you forged in life link by link, I think he was right
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 14   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Robert...I completely agree. Some people call it guilt by association...I call it being judged by the company you keep. This can apply to some many issues, in and outside of politics

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3771 posts)
Party:

That wasn't thatcher's doing. That was the US presidents doing. He is his own leader, he chose war for profit and ultimately the doing of the US electorate who voted war hawks and weak men into power.

Thus why no one should have been surprised by bush jr. Weak minded leaders or worst, greedy men with all the power we grant them. Quit making excuses about who really was at fault. We the people's of England and the US, vote our leaders into power.

If we fail to inspect the friends of the leaders we elect, the actions of those leaders are still our fault, as we were lazy voters.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6882 posts)
Robert...prior to desert storm, Iraq was the least Islamic most secular nation in the middle east. Bush had sent an envoy to meet with Sadam and Aziz in which the envoy stated "The US wants peace, but we have no standing or interest in a regional conflict between Iraq and Kuwait" Hearing this, Thatcher hopped a plane to Kansas where Bush was speaking, and essentially bullied politically blackmailed him i to changing American policy to preserve her personal financial interest in Kuwait...it was a needless senseless war that she instigated and Bush was too weak to stay out of.....as many as 200,000 innocent secular pro western non Islamic fundy Iraqis died, and the blood is on Bush and Thatcher's hands

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3771 posts)
Party:

The IRA might have won, but I shed no tears for those who the Brits killed in the war the IRA chose to wage.

As for the under dog line and in reference to the middle east, that is bullshit. Those people live the horrid lives they do, because they allow themselves to be ruled by radical islam. Europe pulled itself out of religious radicalism, I expect the middle east to do the same... And quicker than Europe did it as the path to the destruction of religious radicalism has already been laid, those in the middle east need only trim the hedges back to see it.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6882 posts)
Robert...The IRA essentially won the war by bringing the Brits and the Proddys to the table and had they not taken up arms, Catholics would still be living as second class citizens. It should not however, have been necessary to begin with. The deal that was struck was the same deal Thatcher's Conserbvatives could have agreed to 3 years prior I told you the same thing about the middle east, you can not find a single instance in the history of man in which an oppressor rewarded the oppressed for being cooperative...nothing happens till the oppressor gets a bloody nose. But we digress...Northern Ireland was the least of her homicidal adventures

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3771 posts)
Party:

Singling out northern island, the IRA chose to wage a war of terror. As with all wars fought wither with actual armies or by terrorist, the wars may only be fought with the will of the locals.

War is ugly and many people are killed in it, want freedom, create political change by the pen, not the bomb. If you choose violence as your means of political change, you must accept that your cities and those around you may die horribly... That is the rightful price of war.

Make no mistake, the IRA declared war on England, the IRA murdered in the name of ireland and those who lived there didn't stop the IRA by stopping their funding.

It is sadly true that we in the US (namely Northern PA) helped fund the IRA through means of buying things made by and sold by agencies which funded the IRA.

As for the rest, not my problem and again. The English people liked what she did, because they elected her three times and she retained power long after her third election.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6882 posts)
Robert....she was complicit is the mass murder of people in Northen Ireland, SE Asia, The Middle east, Southern Africa, Central America and most notably South America, where she went as far as to send food, cash and wine to her adulterous lover Augusto Pinochet while he was under house arrest.

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3771 posts)
Party:

Mass murder? No, she didn't order the deaths of people, she might have facilitated it, but she didn't order a final solution, she didn't order mass executions.

After the first election, the people of England did everything you would accuse her of doing. Just the same as we accuse Bush jr, or even Reagan and then Bush senor of doing all of those evil deeds he had done or facilitated.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6882 posts)
OMG!!!!

Rayne LA

Username hidden
(4714 posts)
Robert...she committed, facilitated or supported mass murder of 4 continents. we are talking about a lot more then just union busting here

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3771 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 14   End
TOPIC: Ding Dong! The Witch Is Dead,’ Adopted as Anti-Thatcher Anthem